The poker chit chat

JeppeL

First off all, feels funny to debate with someone that wasn't playing. But...

He never thought he was ahead after turn, did he? After flop i could have understood if he bet big (for many outs), not raise to my bet post turn.

Scenarios to his raise: 

I go all in and we all see how it went for lucky punt.

I just call (not happening if i think i'm ahead) and he gets his straight/flush at river and in that scenario he gets no more chips from me.

I could have folded but since i had feeling i am ahead, which i was, not an option.

1 hour ago, IanSimpson said:

If you get so upset over a game of cards that you have to make a YouTube video to call people names you really should just unreg pre.

Easy on the catnip, buddy.

Only video that i've posted has been about poker (when community member wanted to know actions), not calling names. If you are offended by title of video, denying fact that it might be my opinion of online poker and how underdogs often luck out on river, then not much i can say. Maybe you consider to be one as titled, i certainly do but that title is just about online poker.

But now that since you are here, not to mention as ambassador, how do you reckon you promote poker with first hand of tourny with using your clock? Didn't know what to do there, busy petting cats, spanking monkey? Or overall playing bad or do you consider that good playing?

There, title changed that none miss their sleep 😘

https://youtu.be/IOZ6siRKyzU

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Livertool said:

First off all, feels funny to debate with someone that wasn't playing. But...

Animated GIF

Donk on donk crime, I'm loving it! 👍

OESD+FD against Top-Pair/Over-Pair or 2-Pair on the turn has roughly a 33 % chance of winning. Check-raising in such a situation is pretty lolzzzzy. But what do I know?

What kind of tournament was that? Valuemexyz and RegToRec play against me all the time as well...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I don’t understand how using my clock on the first hand has any reflection on my role as ambassador? I

Could that be reason to consider your position? First hand, no bets made, out of position yet you take your timebank (which you could use for purpose later on) to fold your hand. I'm worst multitabler you can find but even i know how to use fold button. Is it enough for you to get affiliate link on stream and bonuses to believe you do any good for (unibet) poker? Beats me. And you have same behaviour live tables too, picking your nose for minute before folding any hands?

OESD+FD

What the f is that, dunno, forgive my ignorance 🤣

But tourny was that tuesday major one. They say number of bad beats and donks reduce when you go up the stakes, haven't seen such evolution. All good, lesson to be learned (once again)

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Livertool said:

First off all, feels funny to debate with someone that wasn't playing.

Well, you got the one involved here too, but posting a hand in a public forum might get some action by time to time. And I'm not trying to say I know what Ian was thinking there. I don't think I would have made that raise on the turn when having most likely outs and the odds for calling that bet. If it was a freezeout tourney, I might have folded on turn.

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

OESD+FD

Open ended straight draw + flush draw. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

Well, you got the one involved here too, but posting a hand in a public forum might get some action by time to time. And I'm not trying to say I know what Ian was thinking there. I don't think I would have made that raise on the turn when having most likely outs and the odds for calling that bet. If it was a freezeout tourney, I might have folded on turn.

Open ended straight draw + flush draw. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, always good to have legit opinions like you had.  But as i didn't play against you then we will never know perfect reasoning, that was what i meant and was hoping ambassador to open but why would he bother.

And thanks for opening up those shorts 👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pionrj said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulCuriousAsparagusKappaRoss-0hmlJ6dWXAx0Z8QW

Took a clip from the hand which explains somewhat his play there. Like you can see, the first reaction was calling. Decided to bluff and basically had to call the shove because of the pot odds.

Nice, maybe you should be promoting unibet for good answers 🙂

Still i wonder when he wonders what was i doing, did he know what he was doing? As ambassador i mean ( pot odds way off, clueless where he stand), but anyhow hopefully he won that tourny (pot odds 0.05) and comes here to brag about it.

But all good, it is just poker, don't hurt your feelings 👍

• Haha 1

@Livertool At the end of the day besides being an Ambassador he also is a Pro Player. Does that mean he should be a GTO-BOT, I'd say most definitely no, also you should consider he plays a lot of tables, streams, and also the other stuff around the house (cats, wife, kid, etc). However, I would say he is a bit of a calling station/luck box, and despite feeling salty it's not like you never did it yourself to others in all those years of playing. 😘

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m301llsi6z56tklf8i

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just saw that my post about the Deep Space is popular in the thread. This reminded me to share my newer MTT triumph. Black Hole was the last left to be won for me in the €5 daily ones. It's maybe the toughest from the €1-€10 range. It has the biggest field and prizes for a single €5 buy-in. There is plenty of room to play esp. in the early stages and, later the average stacks still provide more than push/fold in most cases even at the final table and during heads-up.

€5 - €1000 Black Hole 1-176 130 €303.png

• Like 8

3 hours ago, FreedoM said:

@Livertool At the end of the day besides being an Ambassador he also is a Pro Player. Does that mean he should be a GTO-BOT, I'd say most definitely no, also you should consider he plays a lot of tables, streams, and also the other stuff around the house (cats, wife, kid, etc). However, I would say he is a bit of a calling station/luck box, and despite feeling salty it's not like you never did it yourself to others in all those years of playing. 😘

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m301llsi6z56tklf8i

Once again, clueless about those shorts, gto in my mind is Pontiac. Do i consider him as one? No. More like Skoda, financed by big company and doing fine cause of it. And what is happening with his personal life, got no interest from me as i am playing against him. If you are pro, act/play like one, then i'll give respect.

Thou this one hand or incident went way out of proportion, i reserve right to give thanks/whine about whoever i want.  I don't mind if i get feedback, especially if i do something wrong, i can learn from it. Maybe i can be little harsh with my words sometimes but as i have to get over bad acts and playing, you just have to deal with my writings. I'm sure they ban me if i get totally out of line.

• Like 1

I didn't engage with you on an intellectual (🤣) debate on the hand because people like you are the reason Unibet doesn't have chat boxes.

"and comes here to brag about it." - no, someone on my stream invited me here for the giggles we've all had at your analysis/tilt.

@freedom totally agree about the luckbox/calling station analysis.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:04 AM, Livertool said:

. They say number of bad beats and donks reduce when you go up the stakes, haven't seen such evolution.

I have heard this too, but this is not true. More value bets, more folds, play getting closer to Omaha(no cards, no play), but still bluffs, bad calls, sheriff players and lot of bad beats. Again, lot of bad beats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, IanSimpson said:

"and comes here to brag about it." - no, someone on my stream invited me here for the giggles we've all had at your analysis/tilt.

I wish an ambassador would joining here not for the giggles   but making hand analysis at least 1 in every two weeks.

• Like 1