Narrow window borders in Windows

MathrimC

Since I'd like to get 3 tables next to each other on my screen with as little overlap as possible, I'd like to know if there is a way to make window borders more narrow in Windows 7.

Screenshot below shows the default width of the window border, which I find needlessly thick.

windowborder.jpg.eea002f79fcd8f67d2785f609d69f349.jpg

Do you use the resize feature within the client? When you have a table open it's the 4th option on top right. You could also try Right clicking your desktop, 'Screen Resolution', & play around with the 'Resolution' & 'Orientation'

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@MathrimC wrote:

Since I'd like to get 3 tables next to each other on my screen with as little overlap as possible, I'd like to know if there is a way to make window borders more narrow in Windows 7.

Screenshot below shows the default width of the window border, which I find needlessly thick.

I haven't tested this myself, but I believe the following will do the trick. Go to Control panel --> Appearance and Personalization --> Personalization --> Window Color --> Advanced appearance settings. A dialog box should appear with the option to change the border padding. Set this to 1, to get the smallest possible border.

Thanks for the help everyone.

My resulution was already set to maximum and tables were already the smallest size, but good advice for other people reading this topic.

I can confirm that it works, thanks :smileyhappy:

Archived