Do you make a living from poker?

ming172

Is there many people making a living from poker on unibet-truthfully?.I am a winning player and can make a wage,well enough to get by at 4euro games.I am probably better and could win at higher but dont cope with swings well and can end up sports betting to chase money back so play safe at 4euro,just wondered if there are people with the same type of story.I have played for about 6yrs on most sites and found this is the best due to it being on a level playing field.It has took me all that time to find a balance between bankrolls and withdrawals and tilting the hardest things in poker i think is to find the balance what your comfortable with.

A living no, but enough as a secondary income. I like poker because I can still do what I love & involve cards into it. As an example, my friends and I had a challange on who could win more SNG's while snowboarding down a slope. I would say I'm a recreational player that ties poker into activities I'm already planning on doing.  I don't really take poker serious in terms of reviewing hand histories, etc.. but I still enjoy watching streams and picking up on tips.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@ming172 wrote:

Is there many people making a living from poker on unibet-truthfully?.I am a winning player and can make a wage,well enough to get by at 4euro games.I am probably better and could win at higher but dont cope with swings well and can end up sports betting to chase money back so play safe at 4euro,just wondered if there are people with the same type of story.I have played for about 6yrs on most sites and found this is the best due to it being on a level playing field.It has took me all that time to find a balance between bankrolls and withdrawals and tilting the hardest things in poker i think is to find the balance what your comfortable with.

regarding your issue the best thing is start exclude from any side games other than poker . you dont have to exclude yourself for a longer period , you may do that with the minimum of 1 month.

secondly you ll never try to get your money back or to recover what you allready  have lost.most of the times you ll loose more.me for example when i see that i actually cant do anything during that day and no matter what cards i have i am loosing continuasly , i stop rather loosing more.i have a 13 days without winning anything and -50 buy ins in a low variance game and 5 % rake and the players that we all know how "good" they are. i will probably keep playing one or 2 weecks and if same thing will happen i am gonna switch the platform.

as some of moderators was saying previou , red the book "fooled by randomness " , up to his words your mind will be more clear to see the numbers and no matter how many buy ins you ll loose and the deviation from standard , will make your mental stronger to understand those bad/negative periods.

so when you are on tilt , better stop cause nothing makes you became the guy who opened first table in that day with positive attitude and so on

Hi polar, hope you are joking about homelessness-really?.13 days is a long time not to win and 50 buy ins.i know you can get bad variance but it sounds like you don't have a positive ROI?.good look at the tables if you keep playing

@ming172 wrote:

Hi polar, hope you are joking about homelessness-really?.13 days is a long time not to win and 50 buy ins.i know you can get bad variance but it sounds like you don't have a positive ROI?.good look at the tables if you keep playing

of course i am joking , i beat the games with closure eyes. is just very bad variation i never meet before . my ROI is positive but i have those days in row that tilts me as hell.

some people might say 50 buy ins is very normal , but i never meet this kind of badluck everywhere i played and the games were more swingy than unibet games. 

and believe me , my game has nothing to do in this case , i cant win any hand i am ahead , just nothing is purely joke

I don't make a living (yet) but I've reluctantly used some of my roll to contribute to my mortgage in the last two months so I'm officially declaring myself semi-professional. All being well it will be my primary income in 2017.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Sure.i have played you before at higher stakes I have played on this site for a few years now the lower limits are better for your soul-I am an unskilled worker so that's the reason I can make more for the same hours than minimum wage and my wife works so I just play poker and live ok

Archived