New promo - Rio MTT Series

DavidP_Unibet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Becsicola wrote:

Has anyone had any issues getting their freeroll tickets? Normally they seem to be given as soon as I've placed a bet, but I haven't received one today.

They should be credited instantly, so might be worth contacting customer service in time for tonight's freeroll if you think you're missing one owed.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@Becsicola wrote:

Thanks @DavidP_Unibet. Just spoke to support on live chat and they say they've passed it to the poker team. Fingers crossed it's credited in the next half hour...

*Players can only enter the €0 buy in tournaments by placing a bet of €5 or more on the Unibet site between 02:00 CEST and 19:30 CEST that day.

If ticket wasn't credited automatically, you might have placed bet before or after deadline. Good luck though, hope it's just a mistake.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I think the flip MTTs should have been run on consecutive Friday nights, not one after another. Now we have two days in a row where there are tourneys for the series with no play. I understand the reason behind having them but I think they should have been spaced out or possibly run on the same night as a 'real' tourney.

Are the flip tourneys 6 or 9 max? How are points going to be distributed for players knocked out per round? 

Examples:- (Hopefully if my math is right)

9-max, 270 entrants. 1 player from every 9 advances from round one leaving 30 players. If the top 50% are getting points 105 players (ignoring the advancing players) should get something for playing and 135 should not, how is it worked out?

6-max, 300 entrants. 1 in every 6 advances from round one leaving  50 players. 150 players should get points, see above question.

It's a strange moan I know, but the way I'm looking at it is that I'm putting up €x for a 1 in 9(or 6) chance of getting what? In both those examples, which are probably quite close to actual numbers, even if I survive round 1 am I going to be in the payouts after round 2 if I get knocked out and what lb points I'm going to get because the next round is going to take it down to the final 1-2 tables.

I have now thought I don't know if the flip payout structure is different to a normal MTT so the payout bit of it might not matter so much if it adjusts to pay the same amount to each player knocked out in round x. 

Is the software capable of doing heads up flips? I understand they take longer but I think it would make sense in a situation like this if it's possible.

Edit: Should really sidenote this with a massive thumbs for the series as a whole. It's been a joy playing 200+ entrant tourneys all week and it's been great to see the gtds smashed and so many people getting involved :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC wrote:

I think the flip MTTs should have been run on consecutive Friday nights, not one after another. Now we have two days in a row where there are tourneys for the series with no play. I understand the reason behind having them but I think they should have been spaced out or possibly run on the same night as a 'real' tourney.

Thanks for bringing this up, I do agree that with hindsight we should have planned these two nights better and we'll definitely take it into consideration if Flips are a part of any future MTT series. Glad to hear you are enjoying the series otherwise, it's really nice to have these larger field tournaments running every night :) 

Edit: The tourneys will be 9-handed and the payout structure will be the same as normal.

2nd edit: Looking into the payout issue further now as you may very well have highlighted a real issue. Should have an answer on this by Monday.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Nothing like a pain in the ass customer pointing something out on a Friday afternoon eh? :)

I was more concerned about league points than payouts but I guess it'll make a real difference in the €10 one.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I'm glad you pointed it out a good week before the event! It may well be that it works perfectly as it's already set up, but half of the team aren't here today and I think the developers have all gone home so I can't get anyone to give me an answer yet :)

― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

• 2 weeks later...

Archived