What you do when you have a bad beat?

cris1285

I wonder what you guys do, when you have so bad luck at the tables? Of course when you have more tables open, i remain focused, but cant all the time. For example now i had AA, i went all-in, he called w K9. On the flop there is a K, on the river there is a 9. To be honest i throw my mouse, than swearing for a minute, continously. There is no influence on my game for now, as i went all-in and lost all my stack :) 

I just laugh and take a break for like 30 minutes. I rarely get mad at anything anymore.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

When i have this continously, i cant win w AA, KK, AK, with anything in a row, i also laugh, and im thinking for sure its a dream. But when i feel like wow, im playing great, and i have a painful loss, i cant laugh at all. Just later, now :smileylol:

@cris1285 wrote:

When i have this continously, i cant win w AA, KK, AK, with anything in a row, i also laugh, and im thinking for sure its a dream. But when i feel like wow, im playing great, and i have a painful loss, i cant laugh at all. Just later, now :smileylol:

It's most painful when you take a bad beat late in a tournament. Play for hours, massive stack, bad beat & no cash.

I debate

i have almost 2 weeks since i cant win a hand , i am in a terrible downswing .I play only sng but the wierd thing is that i loose all my good hands except with one hand that i never loose : AA . ( i do wonder why )

i had many times in my mind to cash out all the money and move somewhere else .I did , but i also canceled every single time :)

In those moments actualy you cant do to much : probably stop playing is one of them but also most important thing is to have a healthy bankroll.

Me for example i moved to the lowest stake where no downswing could kill my bankroll ( only my time spend in front of those games ) and there is indeed laughable when you see that is impossible to win a hand.

When the bad beat happens in a tournament and I'm still in play, I need to remain aware of the frustration during the next few hands. I try to laugh it off. I also consciously fold the next few hands even though they would be semi playable hands. After a few hands I've coold of enough to resume normal play. Same applies for cash tables.

Sometimes I've gotten good pocket cards (top pair or similar), then I try to portray a frustrated player, often with good results. Then again, a double bad beat in a row requires a short walk away from the computer :)

@jappe wrote:

When the bad beat happens in a tournament and I'm still in play, I need to remain aware of the frustration during the next few hands. I try to laugh it off. I also consciously fold the next few hands even though they would be semi playable hands. After a few hands I've coold of enough to resume normal play. Same applies for cash tables.

Sometimes I've gotten good pocket cards (top pair or similar), then I try to portray a frustrated player, often with good results. Then again, a double bad beat in a row requires a short walk away from the computer :)

Getting a strong hand after a bad beat could actually work in your favor because other players will think you're on tilt, so they will undervalue your hand.

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

Getting a strong hand after a bad beat could actually work in your favor because other players will think you're on tilt, so they will undervalue your hand.

My thoughts exactly. When I have gotten a strong hand after a bad beat, I get calls on hands that probably wouldn't have called an all-in push. 

Archived