Community Video Game Geek Thread

RayL

@MarcoV wrote:

If someone wants to play FIFA 19, I'm up for a game. Only PS4 though

You'll get a €5 freebet if you beat me :happy: :cash: 

I'll play up to 5 matches this week so first come first serve 😃

Played Fifa for 17 years since i was a very little child but stopped previoust year 😏

• Like 1

@pittpittNow that I've been playing RDR2 for a couple of days I have to agree that the game-play does get a bit monotone after a while. When I'm bored I just roam around and look for the legendary animals, fish and keep my eyes open for any random NPC encounters. Some of them are funny as hell :D
I'm waiting for the Online as well. I'm realy curious about how they will structure it. 

• Like 2
Former Community Moderator

@WuDuIf you like the FPS war games, you might want to try the Call of Duty: Black Ops, and Black Ops 2 😏 Personally got way too much time spend on those, but just simply loved them, and still play sometimes. On console ofc, but shouldn't be much worse on PC, if that's your thing :laugh:

@NospheratuDid you get the KR Vengeance? Bought it today for tablet with around 5,50€ on Google Play, but it's still a cheap prize for game as great as that 😀 And it's still a tower defence -game, so so far it seems the concept hasn't changed much. Just filled with new interesting features 🆒 Gonna be a long game for sure, if you check the slots for coming updates etc.

• Like 1

@Rushbie no i didn't even know it's out already as i've not been following the updates. It does looks good though just like the rest of the series but i wish they improved upon the survival mode, it doesn't take long to get crowded and then it all starts relying on powerups to clear the whole screen of enemies over and over.

• Like 1

Played videogames for 25+ years now at least.

Started out on a Sega Master System, but these days have a PS4 and Switch which I don't play too much on, just started RDR2 so that might change :) Mostly been playing on PC lately, played Overwatch since it got released, and this year mostly PUBG, if anyone ever wants to group up for that and not jump in Pecado/Bootcamp I'm always up for it.

Favorite games of all time must be Final Fantasy series and Metal Gear Solid. Also played Fifa games since the 97 edition(Damn, that makes me feel old) and more World of Warcraft than I care to admit during the first couple of expansions of the game.

• Like 1

Hi @Patsgnome :) nice of you to join us
So, yesterday I had a couple of hours to play RDR2 and here are some highlits. I just love the random encounters and the side missions.
Warning, contains spoilers

Side mission: Bounty hunt (the way the hat get's shot off at 02:12 :Rofl: )

Random encounter (they tried to rob me :Rofl: )

Main Mission (sorry for the long pause, wifey and I were trying to have a serious conversation in the meantime :Happyshy:)

Random encounter

It's a pitty that that glitch happens with the hand, otherwise, brilliantly executed.

@Patsgnome, would be awesome to have a session together when the multiplayer comes out :) Otherwise I am open to try other games with you guys. What I have ready at home is The Division or Wildlands which could work in a co op.
By the way, do you guys know if we make a Party Chat whle we co op and after we share the video on youtube for example, will it carry our conversation as well or just the gameplay sounds? 

• Like 2

@RayL

By the way, do you guys know if we make a Party Chat whle we co op and after we share the video on youtube for example, will it carry our conversation as well or just the gameplay sounds? 

i wouldnt mind , i think it can be really fun but i hardly speak english...I mean i understand i learned by myself on the internet and by watching tv ! but The talk loll i rarely roll my tongue to spoke speak? english loll

im easy going from time to time so i dont care ...let me when it happen :D

@pittpitt wrote:

@RayL

i wouldnt mind , i think it can be really fun but i hardly speak english...I mean i understand i learned by myself on the internet and by watching tv ! but The talk loll i rarely roll my tongue to spoke speak? english loll

im easy going from time to time so i dont care ...let me when it happen :D

@pittpitt@Patsgnome it's contirmed and we have a date of release. 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/26/18112534/red-dead-redemption-2-rdr2-online-multiplayer-beta-release-date

• Like 1

@RayL wrote:

What I have ready at home is The Division or Wildlands

LOL at Ubisoft milking that genre, practically releasing the same game over and over again. As I said, I play Far Cry 3 right now and it's the same game...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@RayL wrote:

What I have ready at home is The Division or Wildlands

LOL at Ubisoft milking that genre, practically releasing the same game over and over again. As I said, I play Far Cry 3 right now and it's the same game...

Can't argue with that @WuDu, however I never played the previous ones so it was a good start for me. I genuinely enjoyed the story and the coop.

People are raging over the new Fallout 76. They found Skyrim code in it

Altough original Mega Man series had a consecutive streak of the same style until just recently breaking it at the 11th title, and Metal Slug always remained unchanged. I welcome those titles remaining traditional while i wouldn't neccessarily want a new COD or FIFA "X Year" every single time.

It depends on what the game mechanics are whether you can still add new gameplay to an old formula, i mean how many different ways can you really run and kick a ball on? Or improved graphics that keep getting better on paper but the eyes can't even tell the difference anymore.

@Patsgnome, I am tying up some loose ends in the Community now and will jump on RDR2 to see how the multi player looks. But I won's start seriously playing it until I finish the main story line first either. I am at 44% now so Coop might be only in January with the Christmas coming along and all. We'll keep in touch, let's share PSN aliases and add each other in the meantime :) @pittpitt want to share your PSN? pm me with it and I'll add you guys.

@GothMoth wrote:

@RayL wrote:

Speaking of PC gaming, did any of you guys get hooked on Heroes of might and magic? I had countless sleepless nights with that one! 😉. Oh the nostalgia...:waterfall:

Same here @RayL  esp. with  Heroes of Might and Magic III and  Heroes of Might and Magic V  😃

@GothMoth I'm happy to finally find a member that almost lost his soul to that game. 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite games like many others.. is League of Legends.
Back in the day preferred the grind type of games.. where you spend ages leveling up a character. Unfortunately those games take too much time...that is why I like to play occasionally League.. as matches take around 20-40 minutes and if you just play for fun it doesn't really matter much. Just enjoy the game.. (I don't play ranked).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Counter Strike 1.6♥️ One of the games which consumed loads of my hours during a period in my younger life. Loved it! Through the years I also played endless hours all those NHL games from NHL 94 to NHL20XY. Was such a game changer when you could create your own player with your own name and customize it accordingly.

@Silver1, I used to love CS 1.6. "Dust 2" and "Italy" maps especially. I remember when we "invested" with our friends in a router and set up a lan network in his back yard in a shed next to the chicken coop 🤣 just to be able to carry all of our PC's down there and play.

• Like 1

@RayL De_Dust2 was the favorite map! It had such a nice dynamic with all the different routs the enemy could take. Yeah, Italy was also a nice one. And I liked Aztec and Nuke as well.

Hahaha nice story! I can miss those LANs with friends in which you played for hours without knowing the time of the clock.

one of the first maps I played was Surrvive, I think the name was. It was a snow landscape with a crashed airplane in the middle. I thought it was rearly epic map for a while:)

@RayL I know that map! We played that a bunch and other of those smaller maps.

And I remeber the useless nightvision glasses that costed sh#t loads. They were total garbage:laugh:

This is de_survivor. It was very rarely played online but we used to play it a bunch on lans.

• Like 1