Community Video Game Geek Thread

RayL

If you weren't there at the time,  as a kid when this game came out, it's the reason why all older gamer daddys (average 35yo) keeps kickin yo ass in every game :laugh::laugh:
Man, those games sure did teach alot to kids how to deal with failures, and the reason why to try again after it 🆒

• Like 1

@RayL Very impactful games of the FPS genre, especially Doom. Altough i never played Doom or Wolfenstein in those times wich i kind of regret because i surely would've liked them too. They do still make Wolfenstein though so yes it could get released still even in these times. I think it's more sexuality/gender type of issues that are at the risk for controversy rather than Nazi enemies or violence.

• Like 1

Wolfenstein 3D was illegal in Germany, due to the Nazi symbols used. Swastikas and Hitler-salutes are illegal propaganda in Germany (at least in some kind of way). The game itself is not really that violent, however since it was the first 3D shooter of its kind back in the day, in combination with the swastika filled walls and the mission to kill as many Nazis as possible, the old folks at the censorship bureau simply outlawed the game.

However that doesn't mean that we didn't have it as 12 year olds....🤣

Making that game illegal was a total joke, I mean Indiana Jones 1 and Indiana Jones 3 are also filled with Nazi symbols, are those movies illegal?

Speaking of Indiana Jones, did anybody play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? That's the real Indy 4, not that retarded crap with the crystal skull aliens!

To me, that was the GOAT game. So great and just too bad that they somehow all of a sudden stopped making those point and click adventures!

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu, I never played "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" that one slipped under the radar somehow, but they didn't stop the point and click genre completely. It's true that with today's gaming market they have a pretty small slice of the cake, but there are some good titles out there like "Heavy Rain" and lately "Detroit: Becoming Human".
@Nospheratu, I couldn't agree more on the sexuality/gender controversy's impact over how game producer's take their decisions. We were recently talking with a friend and he told me that he read somewhere that GTA 6 is being canceled for reasons that are somewhere along these lines. I tried looking the info up but didn't find it online so I can't confirm first hand that this is the case. But I believe it's a strong factor that is always in the back of the minds of game studios.

Former Community Moderator

For all the horror freeks, there is something coming up finally 🆒 Next year's side tho.

And if these are not the thing, there's something light but awesome coming just before christmas. In your lifetime, if you're gonna buy only one game or a whole serie to the tablet for example, get this!

• Like 4

That shogun game looks nice, I'm already thinking about getting some game like Civ 6 or so due to this discussion...

Another one:

Sim City 1! When I was young and not so economically educated, my strategy was always to lure the people into my city with ridiculously low tax rates. Then once the city was booming and my streets and other infrastructure started to rot away, I went full communism with their tax rates! :Laugh: I usually stopped once the monster or the flooding came that destroyed my city. Ain't got no time for that...:Smile:

• Like 4
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu,

Have you had a look at City Skylines? It's basically a modern day version of Sim City with much more modding/expansions. It's on Steam at a serious discount until the end of today I think.

@RayL,

I read the article about GTA 6 but it was one of the head guys at Rockstar saying he's glad they're not releasing it at this time based on the state of the political world because he was concerned the satire and jokes normally associated with the GTA brand would get banned or censored in the current climate.

Crazy to thing GTA V is actually 5 years old now.

• Like 2
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@Kamon, I loved the Mafia series although I can't say that I particularly liked Mafia 2. I am currently playing Mafia 3 as it was for free with my ps+ subscription :) It's entertaining if you disregard the driving mechanics which are just awful.🤣.
@MoreTBC, I understand their point of view, we are indeed living in a volatile world, but thinking that this is the reason that one of my all time favorite franchizes are deciding not to go for it just makes me sad. Speaking of which, anybody remember this gem?

I watched only the first minute of gameplay while I was getting the link and it almost brought tears to my eyes. :Happy: If you wake me up in the middle of the night 10 years from now and play me the sounds in the game I wouldn't have to think what game it is from. 
Do you guys play CS GO? I am not particularely fond of it but we do get together sometimes with @JeppeL@MarcoV and some other colleagues in an "Internet Caffe" :P to play . Maybe we could organize something like this with Community members, that would be fun. 

@Kamon@MoreTBC@WuDu@pittpitt@Rushbie

• Like 3

I enjoyed GTA2 (probably it was the first game I installed on my first PC), Mafia is a game I like to play from time to time even after years, I have spent many hours trying to conquer the world in Total War series (my favourite is Medieval II), but the best game of all times for me is ... Football Manager 2012 ! I still play it and prefer that edition than newer ones.

I know many people find it boring, but I love to build great team from scraps. Thanks to FM series I started rooting for teams like Frosinone Calcio (my first ever pick in CM 03/04 edition, when they were in Serie C2), AFC Wimbledon, Alaves, Rayo Majadahonda or Mandalskameratene. Winning Champions League with team like that makes me feel happy as a child, I just can't stop smiling for few days and its surely worth those weeks (or sometimes months) of playing.

• Like 3
“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
― Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Hah, that GTA2 and the view from above brought back the good old memories with my best buddies back then playing this! :rockon: One of the best things you could play with 2 players. Still got the intro drumbeat in the head after practicing it after school on music class :laugh:

Thought at some point to buy the renewed ps1 with multiple games in it, but this was not on it, nor the other game that took almost all the time from weekends with friends:

Drove a delivery car for money about 13-14years ago a while, and got the intro as a ringtone :laugh:

@MoreTBC

So no GTA6 until 2025 then? :laugh:

Cities: Skyline looks interesting, but if I return out of my gaming retirement, I have to go for world domination. Cleaning streets and building dumps is beneath my talents. :laugh:

Holy moly, I had that Mafia game as well. This and GTA 3. However that wasn't really my type of game, always driving, not really a racing game, not really a first person shooter. I don't know, they were OK, but that's it...The best part of GTA 3 was flashback FM, the Scarface radio station:

Rush, rush, get the llello....:Cool:

• Like 1

Yeah, know the Carmageddons but for some reason those weren't as interesting at that time.. Maybe the driving over pedestrians just wasn't enough anymore or smth :laugh: @RayL
Bomberman games were awesome too, those games never gets old 🆒
Edit. Actually couldn't resist the urge to check what was the last one of those, and found the latest for PS3 on Store's sale with 1.99€ :Veryhappy: So thanks @Boby for mentioning that! Or it's on 80% discount here for Finns.. :Wonder:

• Like 1

I guess it gets old to just mindlessly hit civilians with your car after a while @Rushbie 🤣
Speaking of carnage and destruction, the video below is one of my gameplays in Dying Light. Now I might not be the best or skilled gamer but I enjoy Video Games allot, maybe a bit too much acording to my wife :haha:. Anyways this is one of my favorite "venting" games. You grab a construction hammer, attach a blow torch, hook all that up to some high voltage batteries and go all in with a horde of zombies. I highly recommend this game 🆗

• Like 1

Been going back to playing Kingdom Rush lately it's a "Tower Defence" game series with great look and lots of cool enemies, really well made all throughout. Even with the scenery and enemies regularly changing it never feels like watered out "filler" that is there to artifically prolong the game when it has outstayed it's welcome but genuine and lively.

First and second game on Armorgames:

http://armorgames.com/play/12141/kingdom-rush

http://armorgames.com/play/15717/kingdom-rush-frontiers

The third is on mobile app only as of now and costs around ~3€ but it's well worth it.

• Like 1

@Boby@Nospheratu@Rushbie@pittpitt@WuDu@psrquack
I know that psrquack enjoys watching video game streams, how about you guys? A good friend and fellow Unibet colleague likes to stream from time to time, he mostly streams Battlefield 1 and PUBG. I'll try and get him in our geek thread for his own sake 🤣 he needs some human interaction!

• Like 3