Would you rather be Lucky or Good?

Magicadil

Would you rather have one massive score that could drastically change your life, or be a very high level player that has potential to win over the long run?

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Of course to be lucky and hit big that will cover you lifetime :D

Today's youth are getting worse. I was in a church yesterday, when I saw a guy lighting a cigarette from the candle. I was so shocked, that I dropped my beer bottle.

I'll go with luck :)     even being good, you lose a lot of times to lucky players even though you have the best hands and play the best way. The frustration can be so depressing in the long run if you know you play very well and still dont score i imagine.

But i'm a fun player, and i dont try to be the best so, of course i would be euphoric to have a big win and i wouldnt care if it's only luck :)  i know i would enjoy it above and beyond :)

@Valkyrie wrote:

Having skills is nice and all but in poker you can only rely on them to a certain extent - or there would be no bad beats. And I'd rather be the one getting the "lucky" beat. :smileyhappy:

But if you're super skilled, the bad beats won't affect you as much, because you're still favored to win in the long run. With Poker, if you're skilled, your main asset is your mind. As long as you keep your mind in good condition, you're set. Unlike football for example, an injury could end an otherwise super skilled player's career.

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

@Valkyrie wrote:

Having skills is nice and all but in poker you can only rely on them to a certain extent - or there would be no bad beats. And I'd rather be the one getting the "lucky" beat. :smileyhappy:

But if you're super skilled, the bad beats won't affect you as much, because you're still favored to win in the long run. With Poker, if you're skilled, your main asset is your mind. As long as you keep your mind in good condition, you're set. Unlike football for example, an injury could end an otherwise super skilled player's career.

True, but then again I wouldn't exactly consider myself "super skilled". :smileytongue: Ideally, I guess I'd like to have equal parts of both, but if I have to choose one or the other, I'd go with luck. I might not be half bad, but in the long run I'd still like some luck on my side to make up for those bad beats (and occasional brain malfunctions :womanembarrassed:) along the way. And though it would probably be a more satisfying knowing it was acquired due to skill, I certainly woudn't say no to a life changing big win - even if it happened to come my way only by a lucky coincidence. :smileyhappy:

It also depends what your plans with poker are. If your goal is to quit when you hit a big score or you're a recreational player, then luck is perfect. If you want to use poker as a source of income then being skilled is essential.

I debate

Archived