Account already verified, can't make deposits even if I could until recently

Corto

My account was verified and validated.

I could make deposits but now I can't anylonger - the 'oops' error is displayed though nothing changed since the last deposit.

There is (and was) a security check not finalized but it refers to an old, expired, debit card which is no longer in the cards list and this technical issue (I can't delete the checking process even if the respective card expired and, as mentioned, no longer present in the cards list) didn't seem to matter.

What is going on?

Hi @Corto, welcome to the Community :). So, I had a look at your account and indeed that verification was successful, it is not tied to the depositing error. What I can see is the bank rejecting the payment because some of the details on the Credit Card are not correct, the 3D Secure feature to be more exact. You are supposed to receive an SMS from the Bank with a 6 digit code that you implement in the payment section on Unibet. If that security feature is not implemented on your account, your bank can help you out with that I believe. Let know if there is anything we can do for you.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

Hello Ray,

You wrote: "You are supposed to receive an SMS from the Bank with a 6 digit code that you implement in the payment section on Unibet."

Indeed and I made lots of online payments like that, with the same card, for more than 1 year now, including for deposits at unibet, the last one about 2-3 weeks ago.

I receive the code  through SMS (it is a 5 digit one, but I receive 5 digit ones for other payments too), I type it in, submit and... poof, the 'oops' error!

I waited with the reply until I made another payment for something ordered online, it was succesful. I also waited until the e-mail from the vendor confirming that the pay was accepted by the bank came (took only a couple of minutes; bank's SMS confirming the pay was almost instant) and then I tried again to make a deposit with unibet. Tough luck, the same error message.

I believe the problem resides with the ones you picked to intermediate between you and card payments. I never had any problems with other online payments, domestic or international.

Regards,

@Corto, I meant the 5 digit code :) Apologies for that. Knowing the fact that you are indeed able to use that function elsewhere leaves us with 2 options. We have re routed you to a different provider it should work now after deleting cookies and cache but in the case that it doesn't, I would advise you to have a word with your bank as well.
Let us know how it goes :)

/Ray

Thank you for your interest, but the problem just changed.

Now I don't even reach the provider's page. Instead I get this error message (translated from my language): "Something somehow technical happened and our server didn't quite like it. Please try again later or, if you want, contact us, but don't worry, our IT team has been informed." I loved the "somehow technical" bit, yet I still can't make any deposit. Btw, I deleted the cookies and cleaned the browser's cache.

@Corto wrote:

Thank you for your interest, but the problem just changed.

Now I don't even reach the provider's page. Instead I get this error message (translated from my language): "Something somehow technical happened and our server didn't quite like it. Please try again later or, if you want, contact us, but don't worry, our IT team has been informed." I loved the "somehow technical" bit, yet I still can't make any deposit. Btw, I deleted the cookies and cleaned the browser's cache.

@Corto Is this still happening today? If so, could you please post a screenshot of the error or send it to me on contact@unibetcommunity.com ? I know you've written the error, but if I make a case for the tech team I know they'll ask for the screenshot as it's regular procedure.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

Hi @Corto, sorry for the back and forth with this, the financial department made some changes to your account in order to possible accommodate deposits from the card you are trying to use. It should work now, but do let us know whatever the outcome is and we are more than happy to have a deeper look into the problem in the case that it doesn't work this time.

@Corto wrote:

Thank you for your help, but no luck. Now I'm back to the previous error - the "oops" one.

I give up.

@Corto I know you've tried deleting cookies and cache, but I'm unsure of if a different browser all together was ever tried? Would it be possible to give that a shot and see if it makes a difference? Also, do you have pop up blocker installed in the browser that you did try?

In the meantime I've added a couple of Free Bets on your account as an apology for the trouble.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

I use Chrome for browsing, usually.

I tried just now with IExplorer and then with Edge. For both I deleted cookies, history, passwords, etc before logging in. Same result, same error immediately after I send the 5 digit code I receive from my bank. I don't believe the problems is at my end.

I'm not certain about the timing, but it seems to me the only difference between when I could make deposits and now is that one of those Windows 10 larger updates occured. Other than that I haven't changed anything else - browser, card or security solution.

I haven't checked the pop-up blocker, have to dig for it, but I don't think it matters, once I click on 'deposit' Kaspersky software opens a secured window where all the input takes place.

@Corto wrote:

I use Chrome for browsing, usually.

I tried just now with IExplorer and then with Edge. For both I deleted cookies, history, passwords, etc before logging in. Same result, same error immediately after I send the 5 digit code I receive from my bank. I don't believe the problems is at my end.

I'm not certain about the timing, but it seems to me the only difference between when I could make deposits and now is that one of those Windows 10 larger updates occured. Other than that I haven't changed anything else - browser, card or security solution.

I haven't checked the pop-up blocker, have to dig for it, but I don't think it matters, once I click on 'deposit' Kaspersky software opens a secured window where all the input takes place.

@Corto Thanks for trying that, too bad it didn't work. Our next step to investigate would be to ask you for sceenshots at every step of the way in the process when you try to make the deposit - is that possible?

The reason we ask for this, is because from our side it looks like something isn't being completed from your side when trying to make the deposit, so all steps don't seem to be completed. For our Payments department to check when exactly this happens, the sceenshots would be needed even though I understand the hassle!

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

Ok, I'll try, but the snipping tool doesn't work with a secured window (which makes sense), so I'll have to try with printscreen and paint when I have some time.

But the steps are few and straightforward.

1. From my unibet account/deposit section I write the amount and the CVC and I click on 'deposit'.
(the card's data is saved with the unibet account so I only need to enter the CVC; the card information is obviously correct or I wouldn't receive the 5 digit code from my bank))
2. a secured window opens and the form to insert the 5 digit confirmation/security code appears
3. within seconds I get the code on SMS and then I type it in
4. I press enter... the window clears and the 'oops' error message is displayed. (from what it says one might understand that I was somehow logged out from the account, which it wasn't the case; most of the time I prefer to use a land connection which hardly ever disconnects my computer from the internet, for the WiFi I can't vouch but I rarely use it. I connected from the same computer every time, the same from which I make all the online payments I need - I never use the smartphone for them)

OK, I just found and switched the 'block pop-ups' to off (in Edge), same error:
OOPS! Either this session has expired or you're not currently logged in. Please try logging in again, or contact us if the problem persists.
For sure I was neither disconnected from the internet nor from my unibet account, the session couldn't have expired in a matter of seconds, so I believe there's somekind of mismatch between the third party's timer and the actual session's timer. My two cents.

Archived