Player table distribution

Dowelikestew

I registered for a Sat late that had 10 players running which resulted in needing 2 tables, I was sat with another player on this table whilst 8 players played on the other table.

Myself and the other player were put at a massive disadvantage by having to post blinds every hand whilst on the other table that was not even close to happening, it gives players on the bigger table a massive edge and its unfair.

Its not as if this is a sutuaton that cant be solved just move the righgt amout of players to the new table when they a new table is needed. 

I am just a human, the same way a Great White Shark is just a fish.

It's a known problem (and has existed for a long time) that you often have to play heads up until the tables get balanced.

But it's an illusion that it puts you at a disadvantage (unless you're a terrible heads up player) due to paying blinds and antes. Although you can lose a lot of chips, you also have more chances to WIN them, since you get to play more pots. On a regular table, you're folding (and losing your ante) more often, so you can't steal so often.

if you're a good HU player it can be an advantage for you and a massive disadvantage for the other guy, but in ICM spots it can be a tremendous disadvantage if you have the smaller stack. Super old problem that is difficult to fix from a technical standpoint because of bad original design. 

Archived