Leo-Unibet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BroederTuck wrote:

@Messwithme

Got very close though yesterday. Probably jinxed it by asking. 😃

@Messwithme @BroederTuck

It's definitely possible. I won the Sunday 2 day Nano event last night which would have put me in that situation if I hadn't messed up a 2 to 1 heads up chip lead last week. 

I wasn't looking specifically for this, but I'm sure I read somewhere if this happens you get more chips. Eg win 2 events gives you double chips. 

@JeppeL , @RayL , why is there today only one 50e superqualifier that starts at the same time as the 50 e uos event? 50e are not that common so just a few qualifiers for that,and at the moment i dont have a 50e ticket and my bankroll os too small to buy in directly,would be nice to add another ones 1-2 hrs before just like the other superqualifiers that run daily

Feeling good now 🆒. Im near the money in 1e nano (3 rebuys one addon) and have guaranteed first 30 in leaderboard. If only i was better at math i would count which place i need to get bump for the first 20 lol but since i cant i will count on stalling people. Have like 3 of them at my table and we are playing one hand in 3 minutes ;)

I would use one or two more Omaha rebuys/reenter, maybe one mixed tournament and one more ante up (again like in last UOS blinds suprised me, i thought i have time then boom im on allin, there must be some big ante jump im not aware of) but all in all format is really good now. Oh and maybe one day off in the middle 😏

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@StarKebap wrote:

Eeeeeee♥️

Finish 1st all leaderboard,1st high leaderboard and 2nd low leaderboard...

Very happy 🆒

Need some informations about battle of champions. Maybe someone help me with that..ty..

Congratulations @StarKebap  I picked up the nano 1st leaderboard and 10th overall, so not as impressive but still some nice bonus money.  

The £5,000 Mutli-entry UOS III Showdown is advertised as taking place on Wednesday 12th September.  It was showing in the lobby last night as a 6pm start (UK time) and from memory 6 minute blind levels.  Strangely enough, it is not showing in the lobby this morning.

No idea about the battle of champions.  Last time I looked, the venue and date was still to be announced.

@sgriff @OmNomNom @StarKebap @jerry @Messwithme 

The series is over for this time. All event winners have been credited their ticket for tomorrows "€5,000 Multi-Entry UOS III Showdown Freeroll"
The payouts for the leaderboard winners will be handled during this week.

Some fun facts:

• 25,156 entrancies into the 84 events
  • 5,150 Unique players participated
  • 10 players played all 84 events, that's impressive 
  • One player won 4 events , eight players won 2 events. Thos players will have option to multy-buyin in tomorrows 5K Freeroll
  • 1,978 players made it to the money
  • Most played events without cashing , 19
  • Most final tables, 9
  • €387,193 were payed out during the series

@sgriff wrote:

@StarKebap wrote:

Eeeeeee♥️

Finish 1st all leaderboard,1st high leaderboard and 2nd low leaderboard...

Very happy 🆒

Need some informations about battle of champions. Maybe someone help me with that..ty..

Congratulations @StarKebap  I picked up the nano 1st leaderboard and 10th overall, so not as impressive but still some nice bonus money.  

The £5,000 Mutli-entry UOS III Showdown is advertised as taking place on Wednesday 12th September.  It was showing in the lobby last night as a 6pm start (UK time) and from memory 6 minute blind levels.  Strangely enough, it is not showing in the lobby this morning.

No idea about the battle of champions.  Last time I looked, the venue and date was still to be announced.

@sgriff Congratulations !! Well performed during the series. 23 cashes, impressive. The Freeroll is up in the client again and open for registration

First of all, thanks for a great series. This is a great addition to online tournament poker. The events, their starting times, structures, buyins etc are well thought out. The big picture is great. Long live UOS!

Now the 'room for improvement' section. Here is the list:

1) The late registration 'bug' in E1-E3. As a hobby programmer it is beyond my comprehension that this can even happen. How come the registration timer and the actual closing of the registration does not come from the same time base? Poor software achitecture perhaps?

2) The handling of the above situation. First there was a long silence and then there was an announcement that nothing can be done. "People cannot be compensated based on their intentions". The event and its handling was a huge slap in the face for serious grinders. Unibet apparently has no idea that the most hard core grinders arrange their lives around these serieses. It is not fun to start grinding so much from behind. And more than anything it is extremely demoralizing. Unibet should take these things just as seriously as their most devoted players.

I will let you know how I would have handled the situation: There should have been an immediate announcement that, lets say people who eventually play more than 90% of events, and miss a higher payout by the points that they were projected to get from E1-E3, are paid according to the higher leaderboard payout. The chances are that this would have cost Unibet absolutely nothing but would have saved so much anger and frustration from those influenced. Plus those would have not been so much discouraged to continue grinding the series. I know 2 people who gave up the whole series because of this. This almost surely cost Unibet more - in lost rake and higher overlay in sat and a few events - than the above compensation would have.

3) All the two day events should be played to the money in Day 1. I wonder if there is a single player out there who would disagree with that? Please say so if I am wrong with this. Some players in the nano gambled themselves out right before the day break because the situation was simply too aversive to them. Better yet, play it to the money +15min so babystacks, if wanted, can gamble it big or do something else on Day 2.

4) The ticket policy should be announced upfront. I might be wrong, but get the feeling that Unibet is intentionally tight-lipped about announcing what will happen to UOS tickets after the series is over. I understand that you want people to use them for UOS events, and I dont even mind if where was a strict policy against primarily grinding them for later use - such as you have to play a certain % of events or otherwise tickets will expire - but I feel that not telling players what will happen is a mistake. There is a lot of overlay in many satellites and if people know they can grind those satellites first for UOS and then for later use, they will help Unibet save some money.

5) The Dutch language UOS website said 50% of players would get points. It was 35% this time - possibly a good adjustment - but none bothered changing this to the translation. It is simply unacceptable to be sloppy in these very important details.

6) There was one freezeout event that was announced as rebuy in the tournament description.

7) One day there was a different number of seats per table between the three sister events of different buyins.

8) Either 6 or 7 or another minor mistake carried over from UOSII. Not a huge deal per se - but if known mistakes do not get corrected for the next series - it just makes the whole thing look so sloppy from the outside.

In sum, a great series overall but way too little attention to details and viewing things from the players perspective.

Despite of this critisism, I really hope that UOS is a sustainable business case for Unibet and will stay for years to come. It is great to grind a tournament series where the fields are manageable, events take only some evening hours to play, there is a lot of satellites running and great leaderboard prizes.

So, on that note, is UOS4 scheduled already?

Archived