Report username inappropriate

polarbear

Just now, psrquack said:

Yes, exactly. I was curious if there is a higher standard for players or if Unibet demands the >1% hurting standard then the company accepts that standard too or make excuses for itself. It seems it makes.

Btw I agree with Mr. Tool. There were avatars those very offensive in my language but who cares. Winning against them feels better to me.

You're hilarious 🤣

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I think @psrquack’s post regarding the avatar resemblance to Stalin simply highlights what I have been saying all along. We as human beings are different, with differing life experiences and worldviews, and these have implications on what we view offensive/inoffensive, morally right/wrong etc.

This is just how we are as human beings, and we can’t run away from it. 

Furthermore, I am not suggesting that certain avatars or aliases would have to be automatically removed or revamped. I was simply stating that what is offensive to one is not necessarily offensive to another. Hence, it is not a clear cut thing.

To reiterate myself once more, I can live with the current rules; I have no beef with the current situation whatsoever in general. I only suggested, there could be some set of rules, but the situation seems manageable without them. Individual offensive aliases etc. can be solved individually.

I rest my case, because it was really only my own reflections about the complexity of the issue to begin with. If someone wants to continue the discussion, I’m up for some academic debate, but the best avenue for that might not be here 😉

philosophy plato GIF

Thank you guys 🧑‍🎄

P.S. I don’t consider myself as a proponent of wokeism by any standard.

• Like 2

Let's try and keep this on-topic. The thread is for reporting offensive aliases. It's not about whether a redhead avatar with a gunslinger moustache, very visible stubbles and red hair looks like Stalin who had a completely different moustache, dark hair (possibly with a brown/reddish tinge), completely different hairstyle and no visible stubbles. Nose shape is also different and avatar just looks nothing like Stalin - well, they both have a beard, they have two eyes and ears, a mouth and a nose.

We alone decide whether an alias is in violation of the rules, so it's somewhat irrelevant whether a single individual finds something offensive.

• Like 5

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

And to someone who is concerned about rudeness and whispering, here is hint: if you are going to put words to others mouth then have decency and balls to quote or tag them so they are notified about it and they can either ignore or reply what is claimed without searching every thread of community to see who claims and what 😉 

Practise what you preach.

I did.

5 hours ago, Livertool said:

There's no way he's going to tell us. If he did I'd claim it was racist, Livertool would claim I'm whining, Wudu would claim Trump is the second coming (or he is) and things could get very ugly. Let it lie. 🤨

I'm not going to pretend that not using @ so that you won't be notified of being tagged will keep my quotes under your radar and somehow you'll miss your name being mentioned. I tried to lighten a situation with humour so it wouldn't get out of hand but you're obviously one not to let it lie. If I see something I think is racist or offensive I'll call it out, and whether you think it is or not is immaterial. A moderator chose to close a thread, I moved on, can you? 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

14 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I tried to lighten a situation with humour so it wouldn't get out of hand but you're obviously one not to let it lie.

I thought i tried too with making joke with how someone don't understand  "do not read unless finnish" but someone just had to start whining about rudeness of thread. Didn't know whining was just your privilege so tried it too, now i know better. And you can have it, wasn't that great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not received any response to this post, the indicated alias refers to Romanians and I have emphasized this aspect in the past with reference to Romanians, if you allow these references to Romanians why ... do you still need us, just for to be payers ???

Or it seems that I'm the only Romanian on this community because I see that these aliases don't bother anyone, just me.

On 2/4/2023 at 6:17 PM, SCOBY said:

@Stubbe-Unibet, @Andy-Unibet😡

I wonder how I could sue this player who offends all Romanians, through the alias he wears.🤨

IMG_20230204_175742.jpg

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

2 hours ago, SCOBY said:

I have not received any response to this post, the indicated alias refers to Romanians and I have emphasized this aspect in the past with reference to Romanians, if you allow these references to Romanians why ... do you still need us, just for to be payers ???

Or it seems that I'm the only Romanian on this community because I see that these aliases don't bother anyone, just me.

You didn't get a response before now because we don't officially work weekends and you posted on Saturday evening. I've also been sitting in a health centre all morning so that's my excuse for today 🙂

I've blocked the alias, and another that looked similar.

They were on a RO account so I'm not sure if that makes it more or less offensive to other Romanians? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poker Janitor

1 hour ago, Andy-Unibet said:

I've blocked the alias, and another that looked similar.

They were on a RO account so I'm not sure if that makes it more or less offensive to other Romanians? 

The alias translates to something like 'the Romanian is ugly'(but 'hidos' / ugly- can be interpreted as something a bit worse like disgusting or something like that too...), I mean it's not an OK alias to use but it doesn't offend me at all(especially because it was clearly used by another Romanian); again, well done @Andy-Unibetfor blocking the alias but I don't think this is a case of racism or other type of hate involved- most likely just a fellow Romanian that wanted to troll other Romanians...

• Like 1
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2023 at 1:35 PM, Battlebot said:

Why Fiona Your mom

this is 18 plus game so don"t be like a child

next....

So you are here like 2 seconds on the forum, and you think that you can play the BIG BOSS ? Don't think so, go cry at another forum.

next....

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dJ_b0rG said:

HeilChipler.jpg

Baby Adolf Chaplin and "AdoIf_Nitler" was always giving me good results...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

On 7/19/2023 at 8:53 AM, GR1ZZL3R said:

@avatarthief I'm not sure where you've seen this avatar but I don't think it's on UB.

It is on Unibet and I saw it this player on Tuesday playing PLO cash. It is the "S.W.A.T. team" avatar. You can only read "S.W." as the assault rifle gets in the way of the "A.T." and the lettering isn't obvious as it is the same colour as the reflected light. so unfortunately it is very easy for players to use it to make violent implications with their screen names.

It's the same avatar that player used for their "WhiteSomali" character.

Edited by avatarthief

2 hours ago, avatarthief said:

It is on Unibet and I saw it this player on Tuesday playing PLO cash. It is the "S.W.A.T. team" avatar. You can only read "S.W." as the assault rifle gets in the way of the "A.T." and the lettering isn't obvious as it is the same colour as the reflected light. so unfortunately it is very easy for players to use it to make violent implications with their screen names.

It's the same avatar that player used for their "WhiteSomali" character.

Fair enough, it must be a special avatar won in some promo or other as it's not generally available, maybe ask @Andy-Relax or @Jami-Unibet to look into it. 👍

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png