13 Years in the Jungle and a Lifetime of Memories.

Sect7G

@BradST That's a possibility but one my might be photo bombed by a bald dude jumping in front the go-go cage shouting, Take the picture! Take the picture!  But that's still a few years down the journey.  Patience my friend. 

But if anyone has any general questions about that era of poker or about the industry of that time please ask away.

• 4 weeks later...

Loving your story. Reminds me of how great poker was back in the day when the Americans could play. Saddest day in poker when that dumb law got brought in as part of the Patriot act. It was first enacted because the mob ran all the betting using phone lines. Pretty sure it was a beefed up version of the wire act and as with everything it was all political.

The Bricks and mortar establishments weren't happy with the amount of customers they were losing to online poker so they lobbied congress to get that act through. THe ironic thing about it is that betting on horse races wasn't included in the act so as far as I'm aware you can pick up the phone and bet as much as you like on a 3 legged donkey lol.

My game used to be pot limit holdem. That was pretty much how you described your game. Lots of customers throwing good money after bad. That game virtually died overnight and as much as I enjoy playing NLHE I do find that it's not as skill full a game when you can get any muppet constantly shoving all in. I find that actually ruins the game for me. It's not that I'm against it, just well, I don't think it's a great long term strategy. It maybe because I'm starting over at low limits and freerolls so it doesn't really matter if you shove all in every hand when you've only paid $1.00 lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry guys to have let you down.  This has been a tough year for me personally and tbh I'm a little disillusioned with Poker and the lack of direction that Unibet has taken this past year.  

Hopefully by the new year I will be more settled and can continue this journey.

@Sect7Gno need to apologise, focus on you! Poker should add fun to our lives and not be a chore. So it's always wise to take time off if not feeling it 100% or if life is in the way. Speaking personally, I've taken off as long as 12-18 months before and when I've come back I've always felt better for it as it was needed. 

New year, new beginnings! 

Follow my poker blog as I build a €1K roll from scratch!

Bing's Bankroll Builder

@Sect7G this is an awesome read so far and can't wait for more. Seems like you have spent a great deal of time in poker and experienced a lot.

Interested in this part of the story and also how you have adapted/are managing in the modern time. But will save those questions for when we get to it.

Archived