World Cup Russia 2018

Shoryureppa

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shoryureppa wrote:

Whilst discussing players and managers let’s be sure our TV sets are working and our electric paid 😏

I got good tip for tv: if your country got electronics shop where you can test device for a month like we have gigantti store in Finland. Go buy best tv your wallet can afford and return it after world cup :)

Just don´t throw your beer at it when your team or bets are lost :laugh:

My bets for first and second day :d 

translation:  Day 1:

Rusia-Saudit Arabia -> both to score and over 2,5 goals in game

Day 2:

Morroco-Iran ->1x 

Portugal-Spain -> over 1,5 goals

Egypt-Uruguay -> over 8,5 corners
10001.png.45d8504f4d90c1f1d20f8bd150960d2e.png10002.png.96b7f7f03354ab36c9f01aca60a59d60.png

What do you say? (tomorrow i have an big exam at my university, lucky for me that the open game from tomorrow will be after 3-4 hours after my exam, i am studying engineering in construction so my head right now it's 50% exam 50% world cup..my poor girlfriend ) :))

@Livertool wrote:

@Boby wrote:

Julen Lopetegui was fired from  spanish national team!!!

Yep, lol :D Maybe they should have waited to announce that job after wc. Although really don´t get was that bigger mess up than this that Spain without a coach day before wc starts :wonder:

@Livertool Apparently a non Real Madrid player found out he had gotten the job and so as to avoid it being rumors, they decided to announce it publicly instead - crazy stuff!

Former Community Manager

Maybe they just wanted to bring in familiar face :D I don´t think it affects Spain playing so much though, they have trained their tactics, players are professional and experienced enough to know what to do in the field.

I mean, look at Zidane, he did pretty good job with Real and only experience he had was RM second team and i don´t consider him to be any wizard with tactics.

But every group needs leader so it is up to Hierro to show if he is one.

I think the chances of Spain remains the same, i didn´t expect them to be in top four even before they sacked coach.

I don't agree with you @Livertool .
Coaches nowadays have more influence then players,noticed that when took betting more seriously.You can also "read" that in players interviews,alike.Especially in toughest competition/s where details decide,you need brain on the bench.

I am Real Madrid fan and followed Zidanes work closely.
His touch was evident.Rotations (players/tactics),team talk/s,etc.

If you followed Sampaoli work at Sevilla,and watched CL match against Leicester you could saw how coach touch is important.
Watch Argentina closely and you will see the difference.

My money was on Spain to win but now doubt about that.Top 4 for sure,but for the final touch they need "brain".

That is your right @XY but you are wrong 😛

Well not completely, depends on so many factors. Sometimes players need helping hand and lots of coaching but others they don´t and prefer that they don´t have any tight leash on them but are allowed to play more freely.

In this short period of 30 days it doesn´t matter so much who is behind the bench, imo. Just as long as it is not me, Mixu Paatelainen or Sami Hyypiä. We all suck as managers 🤣

@Livertool wrote:

That is your right @XY but you are wrong 😛

Well not completely, depends on so many factors. Sometimes players need helping hand and lots of coaching but others they don´t and prefer that they don´t have any tight leash on them but are allowed to play more freely.

In this short period of 30 days it doesn´t matter so much who is behind the bench, imo. Just as long as it is not me, Mixu Paatelainen or Sami Hyypiä. We all suck as managers 🤣

😃 I can see your view. @Livertool

Thats why I pointed out Argentina and Sampaoli,although I like his crazy approach/style,I am afraid it would not paid out at WC.

Like you mentioned,freedom,they have it there but it is all messed up.

Dont recommend Louis van Gaal stile either, but having something in the middle would be perfect. 😉

SO,you are saying that even England having G.jpg.2fff8b29c4db64d5a3bd51e04c32d675.jpg                                                                                                                           on the bench can win tour?   🤣

@XY wrote:

SO,you are saying that even England having G.jpg.4393679b596aad7d033d32ecf37c28cb.jpg                                                                                                                           on the bench can win tour?   🤣

Nice pic :D

No, i´m not saying as much as hoping. Always been England and Holland that i would like to see make it. I don´t know why, maybe Englanf for pl and Holland for sweet memories of Gullit, Van Basten, Koeman..... era football.

Actually just for Messi, i would like to see Argentina win. That man deserves wc :)

Spain debacle is pretty bad for football. If they win people may start wondering if the coach is really needed 🤣 (whose credit will be it, Lopetegui, Hierro, el presidente or Ramos/Iniestas/Pique who may and probably will pick the squad). Oh and IMO the most important condition of Spain making the final is leaving Iniesta out of first squad. Now there is like 5% chance of that. How Hierro will be commanding substitutions/tactics etc...

If they lose hovever, well, we will never know if that was because of the coach or not and the amount of ❤️♥️❤️storm they will receive will be gargantuan (cant wait to be honest to see Spain melting in the group stage just like with Holland 4 years go, it will be fun).

No winners in this situation. President of the federation overracted, we are talking about the title contenter for gods sake. He should get him big fine, made a press that Lopetegui acted totally classless (which he did), spit on him 🤣 and move on.

And last thing. Is Lopetegui really that hot commodity? Average, rather bad goalkeeper, then succesess with under 19/20/21 which probably could do also my grandma with the talent that Spain possess nowadays. Then pretty much abysmal two years in Porto where he is not remembered fondly and was fired without any second thoughts. And beating Italy with Isco playing match of his lifetime (he will probably never recreate it 🤣 ). Was it really worth it? Im pretty much sure that he will be fired from Real before the end of the season.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@startelver wrote:

I think Morocco should win easily over Iran , they have better players all over the pitch.   

2.32 is the odds on Morocco last time I checked, great value .   

Dont underestimate Iran. Some good players there now. They had much worse squad 4 years ago and Argentina won only in last minute thanks to Messi. Now they had some good people there. Best player from Holland league, Jahanbakhsh could go for 25mln pounds to Brighton. They are disciplined, hard to beat. I see at least one goal in them against Marocco (Estonia made one so why not Iran). Though 2.32 is a bit too high, there is some value here, but i would not go with it with some big money. 

First matches have really clear favourites and we all know that in this kind of competition there are always(!) upsets. Hard to say where though. I see potential in Marocco - Iran :)

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Marocco definitely got my vote too. Not many losses either of them but when you look at the countys, well, not the top of the line teams. One thing Iran seems to be good is defending but also lacking to make goals. Like said Marocco got better players and shall win :)

Archived