[BetUp] Tennis Edition

Magicadil

Betup is a fun and interactive game, but currently only offers Football. Wouldn't it be great if tennis matches from major events were added?

The questions could include:

What will happen first? Fault, Ace, Server wins point, Returner wins point

What will happen during games 2 & 3? Player A wins both, Player B wins both, Equal

And so on. Thoughts?

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

We like the idea and it is already in our product roadmap for BetUP :)

Tennis is a popular sport and is also great fit for the BetUP game format.

This has been requested also by other community members in other BetUP related discussions, so we took note.

We will update here once we have more concrete dates for having our first BetUP-Tennis game.

More information here - Betting / Other Betting / BetUP

Wow, would be a great thing. I think this BetUp is a good idea. Its gamble only, but can win good money with it. I liked the Euro 2016 final`s BetUp game with the nice prizepool.

About tennis: Next point, next ace, how many points they play in the next game, there will be deuce, the correct result of game or set, so many options. 

Of course first with free trials :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the insights and suggestions for Tennis! 

BetUP is not pure gamble - after analysing the Euro 2016 data it is clear that, on average, players that played more BetUP game did better and won more than less experienced BetUP players.

So, we managed to prove that there is an element of skill when you play BetUP, and it's quite significant. Keep playing :)

@BetUP-Master wrote:

BetUP is not pure gamble - after analysing the Euro 2016 data it is clear that, on average, players that played more BetUP game did better and won more than less experienced BetUP players.

So, we managed to prove that there is an element of skill when you play BetUP, and it's quite significant. Keep playing :)

The reason I love BetUP is the anticipation that builds up after you select an answer. Adding tennis would make it more exciting because the sport is more universally recognized. If you compare a popular football team like Man Utd to a popular tennis player like Andy Murray, many people would have heard of both, but more know specifics about Murray including which Country he was born in/World Ranking, etc. Majority of people wouldn't even be able to name 1 player on Man Utd. Therefore, while football is extremely popular, it's still very niche based on which teams are playing (Countries of teams), while Tennis is global. Hope that makes sense.

I debate

@Magicadil wrote:

@BetUP-Master wrote:

The reason I love BetUP is the anticipation that builds up after you select an answer. Adding tennis would make it more exciting because the sport is more universally recognized. If you compare a popular football team like Man Utd to a popular tennis player like Andy Murray, many people would have heard of both, but more know specifics about Murray including which Country he was born in/World Ranking, etc. Majority of people wouldn't even be able to name 1 player on Man Utd. Therefore, while football is extremely popular, it's still very niche based on which teams are playing (Countries of teams), while Tennis is global. Hope that makes sense.

I don't agree with that, tennis ,at least where i live, is still a very marginal sport compared to football and if you asked here the roles would probably be reversed. I dont know if the situation is different where you live, but football is to my knowledge, the largest sport in the world.

@xizted wrote:

@Magicadil wrote:

@BetUP-Master wrote:

I don't agree with that, tennis ,at least where i live, is still a very marginal sport compared to football and if you asked here the roles would probably be reversed. I dont know if the situation is different where you live, but football is to my knowledge, the largest sport in the world.

Football is definitely the largest sport in the world, but here in North America most people only know names of teams, nothing more. A lot more know about tennis since two Canadian Stars (Eugenie Bouchard & Milos Raonic) are talked about a lot. Also, football has a lot of leagues. So while it is the largest sport, a person from Europe might be a massive fan & know nothing about the 'Campeonato Brasileiro' (Brazilian league). The point is, since there's lots of leagues in Football, the fanbase is divided.

I debate

I understand what you are saying, but north America is an exception to the whole story. Everywhere else, maybe excluding Asia football is way more mainstream.

@Magicadil wrote:

@xizted wrote:

@Magicadil wrote:

@BetUP-Master wrote:

Football is definitely the largest sport in the world, but here in North America most people only know names of teams, nothing more. A lot more know about tennis since two Canadian Stars (Eugenie Bouchard & Milos Raonic) are talked about a lot. Also, football has a lot of leagues. So while it is the largest sport, a person from Europe might be a massive fan & know nothing about the 'Campeonato Brasileiro' (Brazilian league). The point is, since there's lots of leagues in Football, the fanbase is divided.

Yes, I worded my initial statement a little incorrectly, I apologize.

I debate

• 4 weeks later...

Archived