Zlatan to Man Utd! A dream come true.

Angellike

It's not official, yet - but if it happens the exetremly overused word of 'epic' would be very applicable. As a life time Man Utd fan and also a fan of Zlatan it's something I haven't really considered as a possibilty; even if some highstanding Man Utd people have expressed that he would be great for the club (e.g. Schmeichel). I'll be sleeping outside of "insert sports shop here" to get my Ibrahimovic shirt asap. Or will it be Zlatan?

Not sure if Man United should strive to become a "graveyard" for older superstars. 

If they want to compete with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, they need to have the Zlatans of this world when they're in their prime or at least closer to it. 

Fairly certain the player would score goals in this league. I just really don't think he's what United need. Do you leave out Rashford? Do you keep playing Martial out of position. There are some difficult decisions to be made in that team up-front without adding Zlatan. Mourinho his so hard to judge though - that's why he's the special one. Maybe he buys a lot of players. It's too hard to judge with him in such an early stage of management. We don't even know if he will change his style of play. 

But at a risk of looking stupid - I think he will play all the youth and go for a much more daring style. That's really the only way to win a United fan over 100%. This means no Zlatan.

I don't think Zlatan really qualifies as an elephant. More like if we'd buy Klose, Defoe etc. If Zlatan was on a downward spiral I would agree, but he seems to be on the top of his game. He would also provide a much needed boost of confidence and correct mindset to play for a club of Man Utd stature. 

What I think United need is a mindset change, something Zlatan can provide. I hope Mou does what you say; but he's got a habit of buying in class instead of going for the youths; however Uniteds current youths seem special. Having said that, having a couple of toptop players could only help imo. Zlatan is toptop, even if he doesn't really fit into the daring style of play. But he would fit the Cantona/Ruud(/Hughes) mould of a big, strong and incredibly technical man up front.

1.08 are great odds, lets hope all the rumours of AC Milan, Tottenham and others are just that, rumours :)

I still don't know what to take from his failings at Chelsea. Was this a burnt out Mourinho - bored of beating teams with defending. Was he sick of sitting on that dull Chelsea bench with a billionare staring at him - with almost a neccesity of winning something, to please his spoilt-child-like (got everything) mind. Or... was this simply Mourinho failing. I don't know, but I do believe a change is what he needed, and a change of style to keep himself happy.

I think United is the perfect place to get back that love for managing, and changing his style. He's long been a fan of the club and he knows fully what a fan expects there - do you think he'd take the job knowing he will never really be fully accepted? Then again, I'm sure he'd win over enough of the supporters to please the owners, and keep his job if he changed nothing about his style.

In my opinion, this is a different Mourinho. I honestly don't think he will be in for Zlatan. A guy that has maybe one season left in him. The risk is not worth the loss. An unhappy Rashford/Martial? Both Rashford and Martial have so many more quality seasons in them. It's surely not worth angering either - which could well happen. Not all players are willing to sit and wait - check Pogba. We really don't want a repeat of that.

Anyways, no Zlatan is 99% in my mind.

I really think Zlatan is a bit overrated. I don't really think MAN U should get him, because there are better options on the market. I really think someone like Lacazette, if he is available would be a better option.

For me its a great chance that it would be a disaster stint and Zlatan will be at MLS in the next year. ManU takes a big risk here.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Well, he is in physical great shape and did amazing last season. For what I understand, the contract is only 1 year with a possibility to extend it 1 year depending on shape and numbers of goals made at the end of the season.

Archived