Are females equal with males...in poker i mean?

Crriss

My opinion is that female players are more important for Unibet as male players. Weekly freeroll for ladies  but no freerolls for gentlemen. Promo for ladies around the international women's day but no promo for men around the international men's day.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeebers. Sexism alive and well and inhabiting Unibet.

My opinion - more men play poker than women, ergo a higher proportion of good players are men. Similarly, a higher proportion of clueless players are also men. The sex of the individual has no intrinsic bearing on how good they will be at poker. However, since you're not playing in a vaccuum, the attitude and behaviour of other players will influence your success or otherwise. So, being a woman playing poker OR online, being a man pretending to be a woman, can have a bearing on the game.

eg. On the now defunct PKR site with avatar design and animation I (male by the way) designed a gorgeous blonde avatar and played as a woman. I was regularly chatted up by men who, it seemed, didn't want to call me when I raised against them. It was a licence to print money. I just had to call male players "hun" and "darling" and they gave me their money. Weird but it payed for holidays. Or to put it another way, some men are as dumb as tapeworms.

Archived