The UNOFFICIAL UOS feedback and suggestion thread

MoreTBC

Remk_95's feedback as he can't post because he's a crimina.. I mean Dutch.

Hi David/Leo,

As the first edition of the Unibet Online Series is coming to an end, I think it is time for some feedback. I really enjoyed the first Unibet Online Series (although I busted with KK 4 of the money in the 100 euro main event, which still is a bit painful), but of course there are also some things that possibly could improve. I will go with SleazyP84/moreTBC's way of giving feedback in this thread http://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Ge...ad/td-p/139457

I will skip the good part of the series, since I think moreTBC points them out very well already.

Bad points from current series:
- The worst point for me was the broken lobby almost all the evenings. The only thing that showed the right info was the small info box on the table, but when you went to the lobby of a tournament, it was more often than not showing wrong or long delayed info. Probably a server issue (too much traffic?), but it needs to be fixed really soon!
- I focused on the Low and Nano leaderboard, and something that stand out for me was the huge difference in buyin for tournaments in the low leaderboard. I think the difference between a 2 euro freezout and a 10 euro R/A is to big. I would suggest having the highest buyin in the low leaderboard being a 10 euro freezout, and then make the Low main event a 10 euro R/A, instead of a 25 euro R/A. I think this would be more balanced and better for the players.
- I would really like the late reg to last less levels in the R/A tournaments. I think buyin in for 8bb or keep having to rebuy is not that good of a thing. Especially considering the big difference in buyin as described above, players will end up paying a relatively really big amount of money for some tournaments compared to other tournaments in the same leaderboard.
- On the first sunday of the series I played a Nano event that lasted till 5am CET. I couldn't play it out, although I was huge chipleader on the final table, because I had to go to work next day. Very frustrating, but probably a consequence of the great success the series was and it got way more entrants than expected?

Suggestions for next series:
- Make the first sunday of the series also 2-day events. I think it is really cool to have a 2-day event and it stops tournaments from running till early morning, while still having a good structure. (Maybe having a regular 2-day event in the normal tournament schedule is a good idea as well?)
- Somewhere (possibly on the community) release some kind of tool where you could easily calculate the points you will get with finishing on place x in a tournament with x entrants and x buyin. The formula on the promo page is really complicated. I am still in the rebuy low for tonight, but have no idea which place will get me what amount of points. A simple tool could do the trick, as I already know amount of entrants and buyin.
- As said before, maybe some kind of winners freeroll for all event winners ( I think preferably on the next sunday after the series end)
- Leave the promo page on the general promotions page a bit longer. It is already removed now (although the page still existing) while the tournaments still have to be played out.
- Close late reg earlier in R/A events. It also seems that there were only freezout or R/A tournaments, is there any reason to not have re-entry tournaments, without an addon? Also some more differentiation in formats would be cool.
- I have said this as well before, but I think these kind of events could/should be streamed on the UnibetPoker twitch channel as well. This is the biggest channel (don't know if it has the most active users though), but I think it is cool to have some other content on there outside Unibet Opens as well. I think it is important to keep growing that channel as well. What if an amabssador stops working for Unibet and you hire a new one? Than he/she has to start growing a twitch channel from 0 again. The UnibetPoker twitch channel is the only channel that you know you can keep growing over time, because you own it.

@SleazyP84/MoreTBC sorry for copying some of your suggestions, but I think you mentioned some fairly good ones!

If someone wants to pass this on to Leo or copy/paste it in the feedback thread, it would be appreciated.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBCwrote:

Might be good to have extra resources for ticket exchanges during future series, especially during the last few days. Seems like some players could not play events because they couldn't get their exchanges done in time.

I also suggested this in the ticket exchange thread.

@Janekwrote:

I personally think that Main Event structure isn't the best.

You start w 5000 chips, rebuy period ends w blinds 300/600 + 70 antes, it's only 8,33 big blinds!!

Very shallow structure for Main Event.  

MAXIMUM LATE REGISTRATION WITH A REBUY & ADD-ON: TOTAL 20000chips = OVER 30_BIG_BLINDS

theMachine_HAS_NEVER_BEEN_SO_DEEPSTACKED_AFTER_180minutes_OF_PLAY

@theMachinewrote:

@Janekwrote:

I personally think that Main Event structure isn't the best.

You start w 5000 chips, rebuy period ends w blinds 300/600 + 70 antes, it's only 8,33 big blinds!!

Very shallow structure for Main Event.  

MAXIMUM LATE REGISTRATION WITH A REBUY & ADD-ON: TOTAL 20000chips = OVER 30_BIG_BLINDS

theMachine_HAS_NEVER_BEEN_SO_DEEPSTACKED_AFTER_180minutes_OF_PLAY

BLIND_LEVEL AFTER ADD-ON : 350/700

theMachine_NEEDS_TO_RECALIBRATE_HIS_CALCULATIONS

Was not home for most of the series so did not play much. I really liked the main being a two-day event, much better than one-tabling till 4 AM and busting the FT bubble. 

Things I did not like so much:

The total leaderboard thing, just have one high, one low and one nano. It is incredibly unappealing for anybody playing the high tournaments to have to play the low and nanos for a shot at the total. Same thing for people playing the nanos, they wont be able to compete for the total since they cant play the highs. Just take the money from the total leaderboard and put it into the others.

The Main being a rebuy and addon. This sucks for the people who qualified as they really need at least to tickets to cover the buyin and addon. Also its pretty likely to have to rebuy 2-3 times if not more, not reaching the addon really screws a player over from an EV perspective. This will just punish the recs and the lowstakes grinders, while the higher stakes players will just rebuy as much as neccesary. I can not see how this goes along with the overall Unibet philosophy. So Main being a 200 or even a 500 would be much better i think. 

Also adding some higher tournaments would be great if you think you can get the traffic.

Thanks for a nice series!

I disagree, this series already had heaps of turbos and hypers, a lot of them rebuys, so more of them would probably also be of the rebuy format. A balance between hyper, turbo, normal and slow is nice, unless the plan is to make a turbo series like a certain site, but idk, maybe that should be outside of the UOS 😏

Loved it. Thought leaderboard was great and annoys me that ‘highrollers’ Complain about playing ‘beneath themselves’, or for money that doesn’t matter just to win the overall. If you are going for a leaderboard then be professional about it and take on all obstacles in your path. Nano has all sorts of challenges that high does not. David Lappin took the challenge on and won it and deservedly so. I am not a nano player but won the nano leaderboard and am really proud of it. Suppose if the nano players would prefer not to have a more skilful field involved that’s a different argument.

Apart from the amount of 25 rebuys which I didn’t like, the Only criticism I really have is the time bank. In the nano final lots of players were letting time bank run out every hand. We’re playing about 5 hands a level. Should be a accrued amount of time that only replenishes every hour or so in my opinion. 

Great job overall and lots of data collected to make it even better next time. 

@MoreTBCwrote:

Might be good to have extra resources for ticket exchanges during future series, especially during the last few days. Seems like some players could not play events because they couldn't get their exchanges done in time.

WELL THANX thats what i wanted to ask , so i like your advice 500 procent , missed a lot of games 

• 4 weeks later...
  • I'd like to see variety in the formats. Changing the Bounty payouts, Re-entry as well as R/A, not having the same format twice in one night (Monday had all R/A, Thursday will be all FO) as well as some hopefully not too development heavy things like a timed MTT or even a NLHE/PLO mix.
camacenitor

Archived