Videocheck in soccer

Livertool

The idea of a video assistant ref is great, but it's not been without challenges this season. In the beginning it was a bit of a mess, but the last 4-6 games I've watched, it has worked really well.

Of course it sucks when it hurts your team like today, but Embolo was offside, and the video ref made the right call. 

I've seen too many horrible mistakes from the refs to not be a fan of a solution that'll help the ref make the correct call. 

@testuser1wrote:

The idea of a video assistant ref is great, but it's not been without challenges this season. In the beginning it was a bit of a mess, but the last 4-6 games I've watched, it has worked really well.

Of course it sucks when it hurts your team like today, but Embolo was offside, and the video ref made the right call. 

I've seen too many horrible mistakes from the refs to not be a fan of a solution that'll help the ref make the correct call. 

How they implemented the video ref in the Bundesliga was absolutely horrible. I was watching BVB-Köln two weeks ago and only realized they took away Batsuahyi's second goal after I came back from taking a halftime break.

Also stuff like having a goal in the 20th minute, game goes on, in the 23rd minute the video ref takes it back because of a wrong throw-in on the other side of the pitch or so in the 17th minute is absolutely insane.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

It just delays the game more, and part of soccer is speculation and wrong calls, something to talk about and managers to rage about :D We wouldn´t have hand of god and other legends if there were always video checks. And in many cases you can run that video back and forth for two weeks and still couldn´t make tha absolut right call, matter of opinion in many cases.

I have to agree with @testuser1 , I really don't want to see thisImpishInformalFly-size_restricted

or this:rijkaard-vs-voller-o

However, I agree with @Livertool as well, the flow of the game is completely messed up now in the Bundesliga when it comes to those crucial decisions. But hey, with our German refs, I'm happy that they're at least not banging themselves anymore and airing their dirty laundry in the media or stopped manipulating games for plasma TVs.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Archived