Tri's MTT adventures!

triceraatopp

haha, yeah. I remember that dino on the pic 😃 No problem! I wish I could support you else more. I enjoyed following your progress at the tables and reading your walls of text 😀. Please keep doing this from time to time.
Don't know how it came to this, that we have really nice microclimate in the community. UB is the best. I'm pretty sure we could be friends with most of the reg-guys in real life.

Wish you the best New Year @triceraatopp and all success in 2019th. 👍

giphy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week and a half into the new year I feel happy with how I approached my game. I have studied really good and although I still havent got a UO package to Sinaia, despite 5 tryes, I did bink a UK pack and a 1.5k package to Mpnp in Tallin so I cant complain :) I really really want to go to Sinaia though, it sounds absolutely amaysing and I really look forward to meet everybody again so I hope I can step it up and ship one in this few last satelites.

Screenshot_81.png.34385e97ec5238fe3ab294544ecfb065.png

The Mtt graph is looking good so far, I shiped a bunch of smaller tournaments for good money so It more then make up for the bricks in the highs :) Im very exided for the community leaderboards and hope they will start soon, Im not sure how big disadvantage it will be to play with my own alias but I think it should be fine in the lower buy in tournaments anyway where there is alot of players that dont pay attention. Well it will show :) Now focus is to channel all the rungood to sunday and the Sinaia final! I want to go skiing!!!

Screenshot_82.png.b984447c7c543285d14739b617942590.pngScreenshot_83.png.fed15108693ef109228269e6cc50dc80.png

• Like 6

I really hope you get to Sinai @triceraatopp keep it going, a terrific start to the year.👍

I won't be playing masses of mtt's but am looking forward to the DIRT series, should be fun, and am still determined to do the UK circuit.😃

You helped me with excel sheets so can I ask where and how you get your graphs, really good looking (upward helps obviously ), you're presentations always look very professional. 👍

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Thanks @GR1ZZL3R :D You done very well yourself, unlucky you busted your fun challenge but its a tough one so well played to get so far! 

Wish us both a massive satelite run good

I have updated my excell sheets a lot since I send it to you, let me know if u want the new verision :) For the graphs I use excell aswell, Its very simple amd Im sure there is way better ways to do them then my way but I can post a little toutorial with print screens to show you :)

• Like 1

So I hope this is easy to follow @GR1ZZL3R :) If I have all the data in one place its very easy to do a diagram in excell, we simply mark the data we want to show in a diagram and click the "insert" tab and "line diagram" (shown in next picture).

The mistake I think most people do when they try & that make them give up is that they mark the whole column of data and get a result looking something like thisScreenshot_99.thumb.png.d7135297c03bbe6c0a73f5e4400c12c5.png

We only want to mark the data that will go in the diagram, so instead of clicking the "T" column tab we just drag down to the bottom. Then follow the steps below :)

Screenshot_87.png.90ab0149d7c2bb9779a548cd1cc3acf8.pngScreenshot_88.thumb.png.0200589c0b6ef7b39d8a0a805aa26404.pngScreenshot_89.thumb.png.91ed463ec661afdb9a55a9858d90e87a.pngScreenshot_90.thumb.png.52063fa3a5d0a29d70a49f80167ac440.pngScreenshot_91.png.6d43f67812979137003ad2beb880a9b0.pngScreenshot_92.png.bf5bee53b7b574c4b1771b23be5fc8e3.png

When we keep playing we dont need to make the whole process over again, we can keep the diagram on the side of our spread sheet and when we want to update the graph we right click on it and choose "mark data" or whatever the tab is called in non swedish excell.  

IScreenshot_93.png.174a4e5d3674598a5fefb19a8deeba3f.png

That will make this window pop up and here we see on top something called Diagramdataintervall where the last 3 numbers, in my example 170, is the same as the amount of values I had when i made the diagram. If I now have 200 values I simply replayse 170 with 200 and press ok. It will now include all the new and old data. 

Screenshot_94.thumb.png.a612ceaabc1f7b97de9e6c045fafb6df.png

If you have several data in one sheet and want to have a graph of only part of them we have to extract that part. This is probably possible to do in easier ways but this is the only way I figured out so hope its fine :) 

First we need to extract the data we want to graph. I choosed here to go with the UK qualifiers. I go to the tab "Data" and "Filter"

Screenshot_95.png.651c9964bef7cf0a39c8b90f03a3da26.png

That allows me to see a little arrow on top of my columns and I click that and unmark everything but the "Uk qual".

Screenshot_96.png.770aa71517a1fac89d3827369ab130f9.png

When extracted it would be great if the bankroll column recalculated for the shown values but its not as you can se and I have not been able to figure out how to make it do so so instead of fighting another loosing battle with Excell I simply copy the values from "Total Buy in" and "result" and paste them in to an empty page.

Screenshot_97.thumb.png.622cbf3100182b63bf7f83d027bb664b.pngWhen pasted in the empty page I just redo the very simple bankroll calculation formula.

Screenshot_100.png.d86100c8a61b078a73243c25ba064a0e.pngScreenshot_101.png.c117de5612d203b6f6ed2712cd472eee.pngScreenshot_102.png.6f470a55015e5bd5421c6b493ba66947.png

When all done I mark the data from the newly calculated  "Bankroll" and again go to Insert and choose my diagram :) This I have to redo every time but its quick when you know how to :)

Screenshot_103.thumb.png.47fc7966054507a010f80b51b9c03564.png

• Like 5

@psrquack wrote:

Congrats to the results. What are your impressions, since the ticket's exchange is over are the UO satties especially the €50's softer?

Thank @psrquack :) I would say yes they are softer but the variance is much higher. It is ofc very very good to have alot of weak players in the field but when you are unable to steal blinds bcs for example your shoving range change from 50% to 10% with 2 maniac callers in the blinds you get more dependent on getting good hands then on accualy knowing icm.. to have a maniac or to on the table is fine but when there is 7 of them you balance on a very thin line between blinding down and busting bcs they call about 400% looser then they should.. (not exadurating).

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Before the new year i promised myself that this year was gonna be all about improving, studying and keeping the right focus. January had its ups and downs but in general I manage to keep my promise and I feel amaysing being back in that zone of positivity that is learning :D

Im primarly studying with RYE Tournament Masterclass and using pkrcruncher (same as equlab ish) and HRC. 

Now in February Im super excided about the Podium Hunters promotion, its so much fun "playing together" with other community members, sharing the results, racing each other :D AND the added value with a UO Malta packge on top makes it all that more interesting !

Januarys Unibet results: 

Screenshot_131.png.7c07b1fa660bebb5b5c59c5cdac8c0ec.png

I played a total of 302 regular Mtts, not including satelites or live qualifiers. The Avg bi is skewed since it includes rebuy and addons. 

Ive been running like a bag of potatoes for the last 4 months and my mindset where really put to the test in the middle of the month when I bubbled everything and then some for about 1,5 weeks but with some help from smarter people on how to controll your own emotions I managed to turn it around and even the poker gods must have noticed the change in spirit bcs now Im running hotter then I've ever done :D

Screenshot_129.png.bbe49e0205a667a876d7140a23f903dd.pngAnd the brazs!

Screenshot_130.png.d91c09df7940c74b1d3399cd7bf8f936.png

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys :D

In my last blog I wrote about how exided I was for the Podium Hunter promotion and I was one off the grinders who went hard on it the first couple of weeks! I have now since some days drop out of the race and will make a little rewiew of my experience :)

Micro grind

It started out being very fun, grinding together with other community members, posting in the thread, making a leaderboard, but the way the points are given out (1p for any 1-24,99Eur mtt with 40 or more entrys and 2p for 25Eur+ with 30 or more entrys) it soon turned into a grind where I was forced to play a ton of 1 & 2eur games to keep up with the volume of podium places.

This took focus away from my normal games and even though my total ROI stayed the same my avg buy in droped from 17.24Eur to 13.89Eur meaning I made 20% less profit in accual money then the previous month. Ofc this is not statisticly significant with such a tiny sample but a trend can be noticed and we all know that adding more tables will decrease ones win rate no matter what stake the added tables are. 

+ Its great that the promotion is affordeble for everybody! Anyone with enough time and a 200eur bankroll can easily play all the games needed to win the leaderboard.

+ Easy to count the points with simple criteria and only 2 levels.

- It becomes another micro challenge where you cant win if you dont play the micro stakes. And as mentioned above, adding the micro games is often -Ev for people playing higher. 

Screenshot_6.png.98409af81640908aed42254a1124bd42.pngScreenshot_4.png.e71d718cc0cd1d28c76d1453bd628f29.png

Volume

Volume wise I managed to play more in the first 16 days as in the whole of january. I only had 3 days off so it counts up to an averedge of 29,69 mtts / day. Not all of them would count toward the podium hunters since some had to few players and I played some under a different alias. But in total I ended up with about 340 games that counted towards the Podium Hunters promotion which is equvalent to 21,25 Mtts per day. When I stoped I had managed to collect 37 points which at the time was the same as a 2nd place in the leaderboard.

+ Hard work gets rewarded.

- One might have to play more tables then comferteble with and a 1 eur crazy moon á 1 hour gives as many points as a 10eur rebuy/add exoplanet á 7 hours which makes things weird in lack of a better expression. 

All and all I think its a great promotion that rewards hard work and continuety but as with most new things there is room for improvment and here I think the point system needs to be looked at again. Its amaysing that one can win a UO package playing 1 eur mtts but it should also be possible to win it if you play 5-10eur+. 

Im sure there will be some adjustments made when the community guys have evaluated everything fom this run and I will definatly give it a go again next time!

For now, Good luck everybody still in the race! :atisfied:

• Like 9

Totally agree with your post  @triceraatopp . The ideas for improvements in the point system should be discussed in the Podium thread after the competition is over.

I would add that  giving the 1st x 3points, 2nd x 2 points and 3rd 1 point seem more ideal in terms of competiton, as now the €1 and €2 freezeouts are like qualifiers at the FT :laugh: It would be harder the results to be tracked though ( @JeppeL  we need an update when you're back) .

There could be more multipliers depending on the buy-in than just 1-10 and 25-100, as you mentioned. It really seems unfair to some extent. Of course everyone is free not to use the alias. I did so in few important higher buy-in ones and think it was +EV personally.

And finally, just like you I don't like too turn the poker days into restless grind - multitabling 9 tables and playing like a robot. Not that I did not played some days non-stop trying too hard to compensate for the ones I couldn't play (esp. because of the Bounty promo) .The results were disastrous.. So I may retire as well, because of the downswing, lack of motivation and too much poker lately.

On the contrary in January I thought I'll take a break, but when I was bored one day regged few MTTs and played almost all month, but when I felt like it. And how could I rest when the run-good made it my best month with 90% ROI ( brag time :happyshy: )

01_2019.thumb.png.aa88461a4bb0fb70bb5b02e4b84a19a5.png

• Like 3

I already recommended that.Think that 1.3 (1.9),1.2 (1.6) and 1.1 (1.3) points distribution would make a race more interesting.
Or some similar point distributions,but ones that give more credits to those who finish higher.

Overall I like this stucture.I dont think the higher buy-ins deserves more credits over lower ones.Games are thougher,I agree,but lower ones are more trickier than higher and players pool is bigger...
First time that I played that much of MTTs.It was "a real grind" for 2 weeks.
Manage to finish in a top10 in a lower leaderboard,therefore all invested time and money was not in vain.

I also gave up of chasing Malta.ZuDwa made a good start and is going strong every day,though to beat that.Other prizes are not worth to fighting for as currently I am far behind.

What I would like for a next time/s is,when you are making this kind of promotions,biggest ones (biggest prize/s), make them scrictly for a members that somehow contributed to the community. @JeppeL@RayL
Dont wanna take anything from ZuDwa or any other player,but think that this "behaviour" (jumping in) is not acceptable and encourage new users doing that.Think that this,or any other promotion/s,needs to encourage new or/and current users into conversations,ideas exchanges,etc.Not just in a value hunt!

We saw this behaviours on other promotions too.
When AndreiBN made his tennis promo. with 10 questions and a A-B game,we saw a problem.Only a few members answered on a 10 questions,but A-B game had a numerous posts.Same with Cristmas promo...Thread with a tickets giveaway for those who "likes" the post had over 100likes,but a one where you need to invest 1€ had barley 30 likes.
And soo on...

Sorry @triceraatopp for spaming your thread,but needed to write that. 👼

You know that I admire your results! ❤️

• Like 6

First of all, big congratz on thoose january result @GothMoth, very impressive :)

And feel free to spam @XY I like to discuss this things :)

I dont agree with the idea you both had about giving different amount of points for 1, 2 and 3rd place. I think there is a value in having it as just a podium challenge and not a regular leaderboard. 

XY, its not only about how tough the games are, its that to now be able to have a chance one must play all the 1 eur and 2 eur tournaments which I dont think was the purpose. Accually they often have less runners and several times I have ended up sitting there in a  2 eur fireball with 38 runners when late reg closes. 

I am ready to go for the grind and really love this kind of promos but I should be able to compete with 6 tabeling 5-50eur mtts and getting a podium about 1/10 times. But the current point system makes it mandatory to also get a couple of extra podiums a day from the micro stakes which is unfortunate. I think everybody would benefit from a more balanced point system, the micro players would have much easier collecting points when the higher stakes players dont join their games and the higher stakes players dont have to sacrifice their normal grind.

But Im biased from my own point of view ofc and there might be downsides with my idea that i dont see. No matter its really good that we get all opinions out there so Jeppe and the guys have  all the information from us players when they evaluate :) We can always copy this discussions to the thread after this month is done :)

• Like 1

Hey, good points made about the Podium Hunters and I get what you're saying. But I think you're interpreting your results wrong and they're actually proving the opposite of what you're going for.

@triceraatopp wrote:

This took focus away from my normal games and even though my total ROI stayed the same my avg buy in droped from 17.24Eur to 13.89Eur meaning I made 20% less profit in accual money then the previous month. Ofc this is not statisticly significant with such a tiny sample but a trend can be noticed and we all know that adding more tables will decrease ones win rate no matter what stake the added tables are. 

In terms of profit, you made 2.5k€ in 16 days of February versus 2.3k€ in 31 days of January. Unless you're playing on other sites that are not counted in these results, it looks like you're making more actual money when you're competing in Podium Hunters.

@triceraatopp wrote:

- It becomes another micro challenge where you cant win if you dont play the micro stakes. And as mentioned above, adding the micro games is often -Ev for people playing higher. 

Your results show that adding micros was +EV for you. Even though your ABI dropped you were able to put 5.3k€ in buy ins in February versus 5.1k€ in January. And when this doesn't hurt your ROI, then more volume = more EV.

But I get that the work you had to put in February to get those profits was a lot more than in January. So in terms of €EV/h, yours probably went down because of the competition.

Anyway, even though your short term results don't really agree with your arguments, I do agree, and the reasons why you're dropping out from the competition are pretty much the same why I didn't go for it in the first place.

@triceraatopp wrote:

- One might have to play more tables then comferteble with and a 1 eur crazy moon á 1 hour gives as many points as a 10eur rebuy/add exoplanet á 7 hours which makes things weird in lack of a better expression. 

Yep, I don't like this. I'm afraid you have to put an unhealthy amount of volume to win this competition no matter how the points are calculated. I would suggest we do this like Unibet's MTT Leagues were before UOS. Pick 4-10 tournaments from the daily/weekly schedule and only those (+ Community games) would count for the podiums. Volume would be capped and no one would have to sacrifice their regular grind or life for this.

Btw, great blog and what an awesome journey you've already had with poker and Unibet! GL tonight in the Community games, never happy to see you at the tables. :atisfied:

• Like 1

Thank you alot for your comments @whereisrivaldo , im very pleaced you like the blog :) and I never get board discussing data interpretations :p

I see how you think but I think you missed the amount of tournaments played. In the february sheet you can see that I played 87 more mtts then the previous month so that I had a slightly higher profit dont mean I did better.

I had to drop some of the very profiteble 5-25eur mtts where I likely would have made more money, to make room for more secure podiums (but with less profit). Profitebility must be measured in ROI and/or hourly profit and what is a good ROI is completly dependent on the buy in.

Whit that we see that if my avg buy in is 17,24 and I have an ROI of 46% I will make 7.93 eur/mtt.

If my avg buy in is 13.89 I will only make 6.39 eur /mtt. 

This doesnt tell us how long time every mtt lasts but in general the micros lasts as long & often longer then higher buy ins .

I also do play on other site(s), which are not stated here & I did have to drop thoose games to make room for more of the micros. This was ofc purely my choice and I really wanna state that im not whining about it even if it might sound like that, I also dont aim to suggest changes that are suiteble just for players like me, I just wanna share my experience and provide the data I have that can be off use when deciding on improvements:)

I think its a good idea you have to choose a smaller number of mtts to give out points, I do think it has to be quite many mtts still to make it a good competition but something like 10/day sounds like a really good idea!

Thank you again, I really have had a great start to my poker journey and Im fully enjoying both the studying and the grind :atisfied: Hopefully I can step it up a notch this year :D

Im definatly in tonight :D See you there!❤️

• Like 3

Haha, I think it's you who's missing the amount of tournaments played. :happy:

Or at least somewhat disregarding its effect on your EV in this case and putting too much emphasis on profit/tournament. When we are talking about a month-long competition and its effect on your profitability, wouldn't it be better to have profit/month as a meter instead of profit/tournament?

Your this month's EV as a tournament grinder would be:

number of tournaments    x     ABI      x     expected ROI

Your results showed that while your ABI dropped and ROI remained same, competing in Podium Hunters "forced" you to increase the number of tournaments so much that it actually made your EV higher this month.

If you would have miraculously finished February with the pace you started, you would have played 675 tournaments and by only making 6.39€/mtt you would profit +4313€. Would you still say February was less profitable than January? I would say February was more profitable, so I'm not sure if I'm just using this terminology differently (or incorrectly)?

Either way I can never agree with "I made 20% less profit in actual money than the previous month"  when your result sheet has a 6% higher number in the 'Profit/Loss' column. :Laugh:

Lastly, it didn't sound like you were whining at all. I just really thought you were wrong and no had said anything. And from my experience, putting more emphasis on profitability instead of volume leads to more enjoyable poker career and happier life. So please just carry on and don't start adding volume just because you might agree on my EV calculations. :Angel: