Rebuy/Add-on mix up & suggestions

Betzcom

Consider the 2 following statements:

A) At the beginning of the ADD-ON break, you will be offered an ADD-ON;

B) At the beginning of the ADD-ON break, you will be offered a REBUY.

Statement A is the most logical, and the one adopted by most poker rooms, I understand. However, Unibet adopts the position of Statement B, and as a result, I unintentionally bought a Rebuy in yesterday evening's €10 Supernova Sat. I was quite annoyed! This was compounded by being eliminated on my next good hand, so I feel as though I was done out of an extra €10.

Notwithstanding the slight bitterness, I think Unibet is a good poker room, and has the potential to be one of the best, and would like to offer some constructive suggestions. 

I think Unibet's Rebuy/Add-on tourneys could be improved in the following ways: 

1) Offer Add-on, not Rebuy (these should only be offered if you lose all your chips), at beginning of Add-on break (to avoid customers feeling like they are being tricked; if this had happened to me when I had just signed up, I'm not sure if I would still be a customer);

2) Have an auto Add-on option;

3) Have Add-on break immediately after late registration ends;

4) Have option for tickets for the particular satellite stream to be used first (e.g. Supernova/UK/Sputnik etc.) rather than generic MTT tickets. The box is a bit fiddly and it can be a bit unstable when scrolling through lots of MTT tickets to get to the Sat ticket you want.

5) If a Sat ticket is won, offer the option to take the prize in smaller denominations allowing entry into the Sat tourney you just played (or do ticket swaps faster, but nothing is faster than instantaneous!). So, if you win a €10 Supernova R/A where the prize is a SN100 ticket, then the prize could be 10 x SN10 tickets instead.

I offer these suggestions as a gesture of mutual goodwill, because I recognise that the Unibet Community goes beyond what most other companies' customer services do.

I would like something good to come out of my bad experience last night. Implementing just ONE of the above suggestions would make me feel better about my extra €10 "loss"!

You are only offered a rebuy if you are below the starting stack when the add-on period starts. I agree it's terribly designed as you ahve to cancel the rebuy request before you can click the option to add-on.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@Betzcom I agree with most of what you say. As @MoreTBC says its very badly designed.

The feeling of being tricked when you accidently rebuy at ad on break should be a big concern. I was angry and frustrated the first time it happened to me. Unfortunately its happened more than once,lol. Old hands like myself move on but how do new players react ? You should never create a scenario where the customer feels they are being ripped off.

Point, 4. Nearly all my mtt tickets get used up is supernova/milky way etc. When multi tabling and sometimes late regging , you dont have the time to check each individual ticket. In the last month ive used up well over 10x10mtt for supernova when im holding over 1k in supernova tix. Yesterday i had a 10mtt. I checked when joining supernova and i got option of supernova. When i had add on i purchased without checking and used up mtt. The argument of using those that expir first is utter nonsense. If thats the case why not offer 10 uk tour tix when its about to expire. The mtt tix had 20 days to expire. If you cant cross systems then same should apply to mtt as in effect differeny systems. @Leo-Unibet please have a look at this. Its costing you as those mtt would have been used to play different tournaments ie cosmic.

Also think how confusing for new customers. 

@Betzcom

Agree with most what you suggested but point 3 is a big no no. They actually changed this for the good because in the past (when the addon period started immediatly after the ending of late registration) you would register a tournament in the last seconds and get caught up at not being seated/not being able to addon because there were difficulties with seating you and offering an addon at the same time.

So you were actually waiting for 3 entire minutes and never could you add on at any point. Not being able to addon is waaay worse than having accidentally bought an extra rebuy (which also sucks obv). But reversing the addon period so it kicks in immediatly after ending late registration would be a step back imo.

I'd like to see the rebuy period end at, for example, the end of level 10 and the addon period start at the end of level 11. This acts as a deterrent for people registering last second as they'll still have to play a full level and allows for seperate rebuy and addon popups.

The popup regarding you getting the rebuy option because you're below starting stack needs to be much clearer.

Even better than both of those options would be to convert all Rebuy/Add-ons to Re-Entry/Addons but that's a dream that'll never happen :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBCwrote:

I'd like to see the rebuy period end at, for example, the end of level 10 and the addon period start at the end of level 11. This acts as a deterrent for people registering last second as they'll still have to play a full level and allows for seperate rebuy and addon popups.

@MoreTBC im a little confused.I thought add on was 1 level after late reg ended. Is it different for different tournies.

@MoreTBC Think about what happens if the rebuy period stops 1 or 2 levels before a double addon. Every short stack gets masively punished for playing any hand during those levels because busting before being able to addon is so bad. That would only play into the game plan of the players that only play AA and KK (would make their playstyle a bit less bad), but you don't seem to be that type of player so idk why would you suggest something like this. 

As for the rebuy pop-up when the addon period starts, yeah that should be removed, I'm used to it, but it's such a bad experience for anyone not accustomed to unibet, reg but most of all rec. And the whole not being able to addon if you reg during the late reg ... well the current solution of stopping reg a bit early works, but if unibet wants to have a top ranking among poker sites it should fix all these silly bugs at some point. 

• 1 month later...

Archived