Poker release notes 24/01/2018 - v2.14.0

Chris-Unibet

We have a release today on desktop web, download and on Android. iOS will follow in the upcoming days.

Promotions integrated in the client (pages not ready yet):

• February Mission
  • Queen of Flips
    Quite similar than our previous King of Flips promotion. Main differences are that it's easier to collect tokens in Cash Game and you can collect them playing Sit & Gos as well. Also, bronze, silver and gold tokens compete for the same top prizes. However you start closer to the top prizes with a gold token compered to a silver and with a silver compared to a bronze.
  • Valentine's day promotion (14th and 15th February). 

Bug fixes:

• Stability improvements to prevent crashes
  • Fix issue causing opponents avatars to sometimes not be visible at the tables

For anyone experiencing either crashes or issues with avatars with the previous version, could you please let us know how it goes with the new one?

Thanks!

Hey @Chris-Unibet: is it possible in the next update

removing the tv icons from the tourneys in which we can't watch via stream(I mean the staff only tourneys in the first line but it was also regulars too)

syncronise the freeroll's registration open start period (currently we have the 30 and 15 mins before the tourney starts gap).

Thank you.

Hi @psrquack,

It seems that one of our ambassador asked for the TV icon because he was planning to play and stream these tournaments but I guess it didn't happen or something. I'll talk to the relevant people. Just le me know if you notice it again in the future. 

Regarding the freerolls, it's indeed quite inconsistent between 15 min and 30 min before starting time for most of them. We'll make them consistent asap (probably 30 minutes before start). 

None of these changes require a release so that should be changed fairly quickly. 

@Chris-Unibet wrote:

Regarding the freerolls, it's indeed quite inconsistent between 15 min and 30 min before starting time for most of them. We'll make them consistent asap (probably 30 minutes before start). 

None of these changes require a release so that should be changed fairly quickly. 

The 30 minutes before the start was the original starting time. It changed to 15 minutes in the prime time freerolls because the field was full within 3 seconds-5 minutes. So it's not necessary to bring back the original 30 minutes but the consistent time near the starting time would be great.

I did have an issue when it updated it said "This program is not compatible with this version of windows" and shut Unibet. I have windows 10 64bit. I did a fresh download and install of the program and it fixed the issue for me.

So just posting so it might be helpful to someone else.

-_-

The bug release list gets more and more depressing each month as it gets shorter.

So many unresolved bugs not even being acknowledged never mind being fixed:-

Late reg closing early in nearly all UO sats
Paying the BB two hands in a row.(went from 1st to 7th because of this bug early last week)
Playing HU when joining game as tenth player or nineteenth.

new favourite someone rebuying after rebuy period.

etc etc

The Unibet poker team are doing a great job but relax gaming need to get their act together and fix these old bugs, its a shame to put all this effort in to get new customers here and then have them leave because of lots of silly bugs that never get fixed.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

Hi @jonny2192,

Late reg closing early in nearly all UO sats: Am I correct assuming it's not a bug but how it's configured? 

Playing the BB two hands in a row. I assume you're talking about tournaments when we balance the tables and players are moved? 

Playing HU when joining tournament as tenth player or nineteenth. @Unibet-Cédrick, can you have a look? 

Someone rebuying after rebuy period. Can you give me more details? 

I don't have time to go through the forum so anything you could give me directly would help. 

Thanks

@Chris-Unibet wrote:

Hi @jonny2192,

Late reg closing early in nearly all UO sats: Am I correct assuming it's not a bug but how it's configured? 

Playing the BB two hands in a row. I assume you're talking about tournaments when we balance the tables and players are moved? 

Playing HU when joining tournament as tenth player or nineteenth. @Unibet-Cédrick, can you have a look? 

I don't have time to go through the forum so anything you could give me directly would help. 

Thanks

If  a player is out in 4th in a 2 tix guarantee, reg will close on 3 prizes even though the game can be 5 from the bubble. Its caused by the knocked out player not being renumbered as new players are joining.

bug report here https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Bug-Reports/old-mtt-late-reg-bug-back/idi-p/111993

Yes when rebalancing, being put in the BB twice can really bugger you up when the whole table has 4/5BBs, have actually been put in the BB 3 times in a row on one occasion. Seems the logic needs to calculate more fairly on which player should hit the BB on rebalance.

This happens when you join most commonly as the 10th player, it will make you play HU and then add one new player per orbit from the BB of the fuller table.

Late regging this can be horrible and you can play 10 hands HU before another player arrives. Should really rebalance to 2x5 tables as 10th player joins.

This happened yesterday in one of the SN 5 tix games, one player went bust the hand after the rebuy/addon period and then rebought. I think this player then knocked out @pirahn he may have already reported to CS.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@Chris-Unibet I spoke to live chat regarding losing chips to a player who had been knocked out after rebuy/add on period ended.Provided game id and both hand details and id. I requested full refund of buy in and add on.

The 3 issues raised by @jonny2192 and many others over the years are very serious for the reason that you lose customers. If you imagine a new customer joining unibet, whether new to poker or a regular poker player seeking a new site, they will be completely put off by the table balancing. When you join a 9 seater table, you dont expect to be playing hu for 5 mins. This is particularly difficult as now there are r/a games. People join late, run down clock to add on. This can be crippling at hu. Again when moving tables and double bb will just cripple you. You have to remember not everone goes to support or community, the vast majority will just move to a different. I wonder how many people have left because of this. I have personally introduced people to the site and know a few who just left for reasons stated.

Also @Chris-Unibet uk laws class poker as a game of equal chance. It could be argued that the scenario explained and it no longer is a game of equal chance.

I am getting this weird lag ever since the UO London slots was implemented. I can play just fine for 1-2 hours, then all my tables start moving really slowly at times, when typing in bet sizes it lags etc. It does not seem to matter how many tables I am playing. My CPU and memory use never go above 25%. All the other sites I am playing at the same time work just fine with no lag at the same time. I have tried playing no other sites at the same time but result is the same, the lagging starts after 1 to 2 hours. 

Hi @jonny2192, hi @pirahn,

I'll follow up on each problem you've raised once I have more to share but I'll start with the ones I've investigated this morning.

My first feeling on the "reg closing early" is that it could be related to the fix we've had when it was sometimes possible to jump into a tournament and be in the money directly. I'll check if that's the case and if there are ways around it. It could also have something to do with how our payouts are calculated in qualifiers as well but I'll come to that later. 

Regarding the rebuy after rebuy period, we've digged into it today. 
When the break starts, the communication between the tournament controller and the table controller gets delayed by less than a second which sometimes causes the blind levels to go one extra hand. Devs are working on it. Taking the case you've reported pirahn, the player was able to rebuy because the first hand after the break was still at blind level 10. I believe your case was investigated by CS as well. Did you get a satisfaying reply yet? 

Overall, it also looks like introducing qualifiers where there's a big gap between buy-in and prize amount (e.g. €5 buy-in for €100 supernova ticket) doesn't work well with how our payouts work in qualifiers. So we're looking into that as well. This is because the rule is currently to recreate as many top prize as possible (as you would expect with a satelite) but then recreate as many ticket for the tournament itself as possible with the uneven money. That tends to create a lot of variance on how many players would be paid and how early the money would be reached which makes it harder to configure these tournaments correctly. 

I'm sorry if you feel there isn't enough progress made and we're small teams indeed (on both Unibet but also on the provider side). Multi-table tournaments are fairly complex and as you've probably noticed in the past, fixing one problem or changing some configurations tend to create new issues or reveal some that were there but were just not triggered before.  

I'll update this thread as soon as I have a bit more to share.

Hi @henrymorgan,

Would you be able to send me:

1. Your dxdiag (search for dxdiag on windows search and take a screenshot of System and Display 1)
2. Your log file (serch for Poker_log.txt in your Documents folder)

Ideally if you can identify the day/time when it happened, this way we can have a look at the log file to see if there's anything specific that could trigger it. 

Also, do you remember it starting exactly when the UO slot promotion started? Our previous release was on 20th December. Do you feel like it started on 1st January (UO Slot promotion) or rather on 20th December?

@Chris-Unibet Thanks for the reply, more than what weve received in around 3 years.

I was given a €10 goodwill gesture, not sure if it was for this issue. I had several ongoing issues.I requested they take it back, investigate matter fully as im requesting full refund.This problem of regging after add on period should be resolved asap for reasons stated previously. Im having difficulty understanding your explanation as there is a long break for the add on.

You will have lost considerable fees over extended period of time of reg closing early and more importantly players.

Having several prize monies which are less than buy in plus add on is a source of frustration.

Again many thanks for a response. 

thanks a lot for that error issue! will help a lot do not drop value when we are multi-tabling, most of time just reset positions of the tables and that makes lot of stress!

Archived