Youtube new changes

nekoneko

Anyone here has a youtube channel that generates small money ?

Seems they just sent a mail announcing even worse changes.

Youtube really hits on small channels lately. Guess they only want huge channels now lol. RIP Youtube !

youtube.JPG.d580578bb207d1781993f0224488f743.JPG

It was fun to see in these last months the channel growing on it's own, (even if i started poker on Unibet .. so slacking in putting vids up:P ) and starting to recieve some mails from Networks or people wanting to sell stuff, even if my channel is mostly just a compilation one. Wanted to make another fitness one with myself working out too, but guess no point now. It takes one year to get to 1000 subs even but the 4000 hours is impossible.

Thinking i might just delete it on 20 february.

If anyone wanna check it out before it dies https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfTQWaVXXKSi67xHQfrDO1Q

Also show us your small channel, if you have one.

Well @FreedoM :) It took an incredible long time to even get it this far. And that with making a facebook page for it, a twitter for it, google plus collection and group joining for it etc. 

When you are a small channel you don't make many views right a start when you post a new video and as a result you're not listed on the first page in searches so you need alternate places.

That 4000 hours in a year is just insane. It means probably like over 20 mil views.

Yea but that good content comes when good money :)All those people that try make it with vlogs, fitness channels etc invest hundreds or thousands in equipment, software etc.

Beside a few people that want fame, most of the new creators try make a little living. It's incredible hard to make the views when you're new. That 4 k hours will kill the income for over 99 % of youtube creators. As a new guy you get an average of 0,5 -1 dollar for  1 k views, so those 20 mil views would mean only people that make over 20 k per year are left lol.

To transform that 4 k demanded hours in a hypotetical situation, it would be like we'd get a mail from Unibet this month  saying that all cashouts are suspended and unless we have 20 k euro in acounts and play 5 h per day at nl 400 by 20 february all the money is taken away, but ofc you can remain a loyal player and play with playmoney :D

The only way to make 20 -30 mil views as a new channel, that doesn't appear in searches and has no other social media backup, is catching an alien mothership landing in the backround while you were filming Yeti, Chupacabra and Trump having a romantic dinner on top of the white house.

And even then, by the time your monetisation is approved, you'd have lost the majority of possible money gain, so you'd need a new shocking video.

@nekoneko wrote:

That 4000 hours in a year is just insane. It means probably like over 20 mil views.

@nekoneko What's this thing with 20 mil views? Where did you get that number? For me it doesn't make any sense. And to get 4.000 hours view in a year on a YouTube chanel is not such an impossible think as you keep saying.

If I upload a 20 minute video & 12,000 people watched all 20 minutes of it, that’s 4,000 hours of watch time.12,000 People x 20 minutes = 240,000 minutes watched / 60 minutes in an hour = 4,000 hours watched

YouTube isn’t measuring how fast you watch that video but rather how much of that video you watched. So if you watch the first 5 minutes, skip the next 5 minutes & watch the last 10 that’s 15 minutes of watch time. It’s about the stretch of content being consumed not how quickly (or slowly) it’s being consumed.

The option to view content at a faster/slower rate is just a convenience feature/toggle like the fullscreen button or the quality filter. YouTube does keep track of how often people interact use these things but they aren’t counted for/against you.

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

Well statistics say that for most topics the 3-5 minutes clips are the most watched. If your clip is too long, unless it's something extremely interesting, they will just skip most of it. Not many people watch 20 min stuff. It's just how it is.

And even on those 3 -5 minutes ones there will be people that just click and watch a tiny bit and leave so the average is 2 min view.

I see you have this channel on youtube for posting the raffle results. Do you have another one were you tried get regular views ?

I'll post my view statistics in the pic below. so you see why i say the at least 20 mil views. :) I'm not the only one saying it. There's complains allover the net about the new change from channels far more bigger than mine, saying they have over 5 k subs and 16 mil views last year and still given that notice.

1387622454_youtubestats.thumb.JPG.f48f1daffd08d86331cc2dfb7354e49e.JPG

@nekoneko 

I have this chanel just for this competitions. I'm not into YouTube'ing and my point was just about those 4 k hours of view.

Of course it must be really hard , even if you have many subs to make some money out of YouTube, especially in Romania, that's why im not in creating content at the moment. But never say never :P

Anyways, wish you good luck and let s hope you will not have to shut down yours ! :P

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

And here is the TubeBuddy statistics of a channel far far far bigger than mine :d

647952640_youtubestats2.JPG.0283981d4ceef281b8f5351c3e6aa7dd.JPG

As you see he has a total of 883 k subs , and 232 million total views,  and this clip has 232 k views yet his average view is only 1,43 mins.

Actualy surprisingly the money per 1 k views doesn't go down as much when we're from Romania, as long as the content is in english. Most of my ads were US ads, then UK and Aussie ads. While the best paying ever add was from Netherlands.

And there is no future unless they give up on that 4 k h change :D but ty hehe.

OMG I just had a WTF moment hahahha @AndreiBN. Just  realised my 191, 304 is 191 k minutes views.. not 191 hours  >.> which is 3183 hours.

So i'm still under that 4k.. but not by that much. Still gonna get the hammer though unless i make it this month.

I feel like hiding under a rock now LOL, for all the flawed math above.

Archived