NBA Offseason

Adam

Lot of guys getting massive contracts because of the increased salary cap, but the most important news is that Durant joins Golden State. This means they can say goodbye to Harrison Barnes who couldnt deliver in important situation.

Durants contract is 1+1 year he can opt out after one year and sign elsewhere or stay. Its an understandable decision every player wants to win championships, on the other side for the random fans it ruins the competition of the NBA.

So many weapons on one team it will be hard to stop them barring any injuries.

What are your thoughts?

Warriors acquired Zaza Pachulia who could be a perfect fit even better than Bogut imho. He is great in giving picks and creating space to his teammates, good defender also. They probably need to slow the tempo when he is on the court but still he will be a very important piece.

In other news looks like Tim Duncan retires and the Spurs acquire Pau Gasol to fill the void.

Crushes my spirit that the Warriors who were so cocky, got what they deserved and didn't win the title.  But all that pain they shouldve felt has gone away now that they have Kevin Durant and are definitely the best team in the league, possibly ever.  Only injuries can stop this team now sigh...

@Adam wrote:

Lot of guys getting massive contracts because of the increased salary cap, but the most important news is that Durant joins Golden State. This means they can say goodbye to Harrison Barnes who couldnt deliver in important situation.

Durants contract is 1+1 year he can opt out after one year and sign elsewhere or stay. Its an understandable decision every player wants to win championships, on the other side for the random fans it ruins the competition of the NBA.

So many weapons on one team it will be hard to stop them barring any injuries.

What are your thoughts?

The success of the NBA causing the huge increase in the salary cap has really changed the dynamic of the summer and made some unique scenarios possible. Durant joined Golden State without them having to give up too much. Bogut will surely be missed but Zaza is a good replacement for only 2.9mill a year, should they get to a game 7 again you can bet he'll be ready :)

Albeit it'll probably only be for one season, Mike Conley is now the leagues highest paid player and joins, I believe, Jordan and Kobe to be the only players so far who's made more than 30mill in a season - loyalty really does pay!

As for my Lakers, it seems the future is finally looking bright. There's a great core of young players and Luke Walton is finally home and again has is dream job as the Lakers head coach. The signing of Mozgov has turned the heads of many, but I have no doubt that Walton has a Bogut like role for him with quite a bit of small ball when subbed. Deng will take get a Draymond Green like role as a stretch PF - something he did really well last year in Miami - along with Randle and Nance Jr.

I caught 1st half of last nights summer league game, Russel looked pretty good and Ingram certainly is the real deal. Overall it will be a year of developing for the young guys, I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs but simply just to get better and grow with each other!

Former Community Manager

Archived