Seniors Events

Karl

Hi everyone

Has Unibet ever thought of having a Seniors Tournament as a side event at a Unibet Open or UK Tour ? 

Having seen twitch streams of the UO, there seems to be a lot of Over 50s, and I would think they would jump at the chance to play in a Seniors event, myself included.

Pokerstars did have some back in 2014, and there were alot of runners in those events, but since then no more Seniors events.

How about it Unibet ?

Sure, why not? Maybe you can get kukident or corega tabs as sponsors as well...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

This is so annoying, whenever there's an idea/request that doesn't include / immediately benefit them they start trolling it. Slightly funny trolling so it shouldn't be taken so seriously but still ... every time. 

From a marketing point of view a seniors event can get people to the event that maybe just don't enjoy live events as much as they used to, to be worth making the trip, but once they're there, they might join other games as well. So a benefit for everyone, the seniors, the company, the players that get increased prizepools / action at the cash tables from people that might have not been there otherwise.

So yeah, an over 60 Seniors event might be a good idea. But obviously the company would have better data of how effective these events are in certain regions and will probably decide based on that.

Not sure how it could be translated into poker, but in the horse world we have senior novice events.

Now that I'd like, I'd love to play live poker but I'm not going to put myself up against these young whippersnappers that can play the backside off me :-D

But seriously, doesn't being older and wiser just make you better in poker terms, not like in sports where you get overtaken by younger players?

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Has this tread come to an end ? 

Am wondering if any of the Unibet Team has any input into this Seniors Event idea, is it a good idea or not ?

I think it's a good idea, because there are a lot of older generation around and we are all living longer, and I know of a lot of people who are afraid of poker because of the media visions that poker is a hard game to play with all these young players.

If we can give an enviroment for the oldies to play poker, then these people will become main stream later when they become comfortable with their game.

How about it Unibet Poker ?

From the single UK tour stop i've been to the player pool wasn't particularly young and didn't have many of the hoodie/sunglasses/headphones combo that older players may have an issue with so I don't think it's required at that level. For a UO though I could see it working.
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived