Anyone else on a downswing?

yoloswag7000

Meeh... December has been a big tragedy. I started studying more seriously this month and im using about 2-3 hours each day on Pokersnowie working on my game and after 45 hours on Unibet im down 16.2 BI, im starting to think this is no longer a downswing and that im making too many mistakes, although at the same stakes i was a up 17 BI the previous month... Not sure what i want out of this but it just feels bad, anyone else having a rough month?

I'm not sure what pokersnowie does, but i'll assume it teaches you to play GTO, the only problem with that is that nobody plays GTO. You know the Bruce Lee Quote: “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” In short you should know what strategy to use vs every player of the table after you observe the first 10 hands. This is only my opinion based on the little info you put in here. Hope u rungood my friend.

Hey i wouldn't worry about 16 buys over 45 hours i can lose and win that  + more in 1 session :haha: not very fun but i promise i have done it a few times in the past my record was 20 buys down finished 1 up :puking: 16 hours of torture, obviously depends how many tables hands your playing stakes etc dropping 20 buys in today's games is nothing  happens quite a lot, what stakes are you playing ?

@FreedoM i like it  🆒

To answer your original question - anyone else on downswing? Yes, always 🤣

Christmas is coming, have a little break, anyway if you still play, maybe you cant concentrate enough at the tables, too much food, family members, hangover :laugh: Than have a better, luckier New Year. 👍

Im playing NL25 currently with a goal of reacing NL50 before 31.December, but thats kinda lost now. Probably 31. January. Also have a long term goal of playing poker and traveling the world next year (Autumn 2018 - Spring 2019) for fun. I dont play poker for money primarly, im lucky enough to be well off economicly (Not rich but decent saving for a student) and i can take a break from my studies for a year without problems and jump back in the next year. 

I stayed up last night figuring what would be the best approach to get a positive outcome of this downswing and i made a couple of notes:

-Take a break every two hours to take a mental state check, will i continue to play good poker or should take a break.

- Before i start the daily Pokersnowie study, i will go through yesterdays notes and see what i did wrong from that day

- Before i play a session live or online i will go through todays Pokersnowie session

-Playerpool at Unibet bluffs less and calls lighter which means we have to adjust our play in those areas specially

- Go down from playing 8-6 tables to 4 tables to regain 100% focus and play our A-game. Easier to take note on hands we want to run through solver, study etc. When we play 6-8 tables we wont have the time.

The downswing will happen, its up to yourself how you approach it!

sometimes you must also regonize that your variance is just too high..that could pretty muh cancel out everything!
when it does happen , theres only one move! fold and leave lol cu later

so far i am on a 2 months downswing in poker...idk i could have done better overall , maybe in couple spot close to a FT i dont play conservative enough when i should be aiming to min cash !  ...well in the end i been there done that...ist a choice i make each an everytime ...is just happen that i got unlucky like 12 outta 12 times lol 

Yay – I’m on a downswing too now. Got dealt 15+ consecutive setup hands against me where I could never hit one of my outs to come ahead. Also got dealt 5 setups in my favour – lost every single one because the opponents had no problems at all hitting 2, 3, 4 outs every single time. Also got dealt hands where I couldn’t fold my top 2 combos vs. 2 possible better combos on the opponent’s side. It just feels super rigged at the moment and it’s insanely discouraging when you have a downswing like that and there is nothing to learn from it. Makes it feel like a game of chance rather than a game of skill.

@Leo-Unibet wrote:

May the goddess of fortune be with you for the 30 years to come, we beleive in justice don't we?

Happy new year!!

In Hinduism as in greek mythology the gods of fortune are women, and yet having a goddess in our life is the primary reason for wealth depletion. Such irony, oh how the gods must laugh at us deluded mortals.

Archived