LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

1 hour ago, cris1285 said:

You can't win three matchups by luck

What three matchups? Some old matches against Bayern? Never said Real has sucked every match that they have played nor Pep matches are always good but last year Real lucked out and this year they ran out of luck. And same against Liverpool too recently, Real has sucked big time but unlike Pep Klopp didn't manage to break Real tactics. So credit must be given were it should go.

Obviously, can't be inconsistent with 16-18 quality players.

No? Lots of examples of that happening. Just look at what Chelsea has been doing for years already. Everyone they get turns to bad in there, including quality players from City like Sterling.

And how much quality players they are before they play under Pep? I think Wudu's post says a lot: 😂

On 4/11/2023 at 11:03 PM, WuDu said:

4 former BVB players rostered for Shitty today. How Manuel "Swiss Cheese" Akanji is a clear starter for them is still beyond me...:classic_biggrin: 

2 hours ago, Livertool said:

What three matchups? Some old matches against Bayern? Never said Real has sucked every match that they have played nor Pep matches are always good but last year Real lucked out and this year they ran out of luck. And same against Liverpool too recently, Real has sucked big time but unlike Pep Klopp didn't manage to break Real tactics. So credit must be given were it should go.

No? Lots of examples of that happening. Just look at what Chelsea has been doing for years already. Everyone they get turns to bad in there, including quality players from City like Sterling.

And how much quality players they are before they play under Pep? I think Wudu's post says a lot: 😂

The three matchups Real won the exact same way on the title run last year. I talked about those together, because that's the proof it was not about a lucky few minutes. Mentality. Sucked big time? Okay. 

Chelsea is a different animal, they buy plenty of players at every possible transfer window, and change coaches every month. That's surreal even for Soccer Manager. I hope you see the difference. Also, I don't see many really good players there, Havertz, Enzo, James, Mount, Koulibaly, and here I should look up the squad for more... Most of their key players got old and injury prone. I honestly don't see here "16-18 absolute world-class who would be in the starting eleven anywhere else". Sterling was on a heavy decline, he is far from a quality player. I don't know about Akanji, just because WuDu doesn't like him, he could very well be a world-class player. Even Pep can't make him that only in a few months, impossible. However, he is a good mentor for players, I have always admitted that here. 

On a side note, Chelsea won a couple of Premier League, and also two Champions League trophies since Pep won his last (until this May). Sounds like an own goal to me. 

6 hours ago, cris1285 said:

I don't know about Akanji, just because WuDu doesn't like him, he could very well be a world-class player.

You have to be kidding me.

• Haha 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

19 hours ago, cris1285 said:

that's the proof it was not about a lucky few minutes. Mentality. Sucked big time? Okay. 

Few examples from that "amazing" title run last year:

PSG - Real

Goal attempts: 22 - 3

Shots on target: 8 -

Real - PSG 

0-1 down until 61th minute and then later magical 2 minutes again where they scored 2 goals.

Liverpool - Real final

Goal attempts: 23 - 3

Shots on goal 9 - 1

In between they barely managed to win Chelsea on extra time, team that yourself admit sucks big time.

I understand that Real fans accept those wins and title, i would but other than that you got to be braindamaged to claim they won with playing good and entertaining football.

19 hours ago, cris1285 said:

Even Pep can't make him that only in a few months, impossible

Agree. Even mediocre player can look like quality player when they get to play in good team 😉

Edited by Livertool

1 hour ago, Livertool said:

Few examples from that "amazing" title run last year:

PSG - Real

Goal attempts: 22 - 3

Shots on target: 8 -

Real - PSG 

0-1 down until 61th minute and then later magical 2 minutes again where they scored 2 goals.

Liverpool - Real final

Goal attempts: 23 - 3

Shots on goal 9 - 1

In between they barely managed to win Chelsea on extra time, team that yourself admit sucks big time.

I understand that Real fans accept those wins and title, i would but other than that you got to be braindamaged to claim they won with playing good and entertaining football.

Agree. Even mediocre player can look like quality player when they get to play in good team 😉

I think you have lost the plot.

Even as a neutral fan, the title run (and not the football) was dramatic and that's why we can call it entertaining. Of course, not for PSG, Chelsea, Manchester City, and Loserpool fans. 

Ancelotti had a nearly perfect game plan for the first game. I didn't say (!) it was entertaining at all, you asked (tried to bully) "@cris1285 still thinks better and more entertaining team lost?" If you ask it that way, yep, Real was the better and more entertaining team on that given day. But I wouldn't say the football they play in general is amazing and the best, never said that. Much more enjoyable than City though.

I get you are still bitter as a Pool fan and upset about Real for those 2 lost CL finals. Accept that, all I can say. Need players with bigger balls and bigger hearts to change that next time. If there will be next time...

This was a good exchange of views, and pretty enjoyable with stats, facts, and opinions. However, when you call others "braindamaged" you surely lose it. 

Edited by cris1285
edit

However, when you call others "braindamaged"

Just a figure of speech, no need to be upset.

I get you are still bitter as a Pool fan and upset about Real for those 2 lost CL finals

Sure i am. One team entered the field to play and other to defend. And not only as pool fan but football fan overall. These teams spend hundreds of millions and suppose to be best teams in Europe so i expect better than bus parked in front of goal for 85 minutes.

20 minutes to go, you are 0-1 down and need to win the match in order to have any hopes to play cl next season. Would you bring in Milner to save the day? Fcking Klopp, don't know what has happened to him 🤯

Yeah it was Milner's last chance to play Anfield but so what, i guess individuals and their feelings are more important than tream success.

I have the habit to make acca bets for goals in the last rounds of leagues, but this season it was a catastrophe (like the whole season, and not talking about betting). Finally, at least the Premier League thanked the fans and entertained people around the globe - too bad I was busy and didn't bet on PL 😁 

Btw, regarding entertainment, the only match where nobody cared to have fun was the Brentford - Man City. They said City is entertaining, if I wanna watch goals and chances, I should watch it... 

On a serious note, if you are the manager of City, you are one goal down, you have young players on your bench who didn't make a debut in the Premier League yet, an attacking midfielder and a striker. What do you do? You don't sub at all, right? Must be a Catalan humor I don't understand... 

• 2 weeks later...

He is kinda....overrated if you ask me. In Argentina Enzo made him look good and in mighty Brighton that still finished far below top 4 there is this 100mln guy Caicedo that i hear is even better and only price is why Liverpool picked whiter one. Not too athlethic, bit slow but a workhorse so Kloppo will love him. He is serviceable midfielder but dont expect he will command the game {Caicedo is more this kind of player] or score >10 points in assists/goals and Liverpool need this kind of presence there.

Good price though :classic_tongue: For 35 i think he is good squad depth for any top team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

20 hours ago, jerry said:

overrated if you ask me

I'll ask again after next season. Prepare to eat your words 😊

I don't think it wasn't between Caicedo and MacAllister, different kind of players and latter is one Pool needed more. We got Fabinho to fill DM position and needed someone that can create something forwards too. Sure he ain't young Messi but can create space, pass ball between lines to Mo & fellas and score too when he gets the chance. I don't expect him to make lots of goals (i think most of his goals has been penalties this season) but i see him as Hendo 2.0, does the same things but way better. Brighton also played similar football this season as Liverpool at its best under Klopp so he should fit right in to team and therefore is right what doctor ordered

I almost feel sorry for Brighton for the steal but as defence and midfield still need strengthening every saved euro helps. We'll see what summer brings.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 4:52 PM, Livertool said:

Sugardaddy 2.0

No need to buy foreign clubs anymore when players are so fixated on money that they are willing to dance like monkeys if price is right. Sad, just sad.

Ronaldo, Benzema, Kante.... apparently Lukaku too. WTF is going on 🤣

On 6/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, GR1ZZL3R said:

image.png.3bde689439ed211e169bda8f8d125d15.png

Worst shitty i remember ever seeing but that seems to be the trend in cl finals that worse team wins. They really tried to give goal to Inter with giving ball way multiple times but Inter was really bad inside last 20 meters. How in the world can Martinez can make so many goals when every time i see him play he is totally shit??? Beats me.

On 5/10/2023 at 2:52 PM, Livertool said:

No need to buy foreign clubs anymore when players are so fixated on money that they are willing to dance like monkeys if price is right. Sad, just sad.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2023/05/08/lionel-messi-and-busquets-will-join-al-hilal-in-saudi-arabia-this-summer-requested-660-million-reports/?sh=681c19424e91

6 hours ago, Livertool said:

Ronaldo, Benzema, Kante.... apparently Lukaku too. WTF is going on 🤣

Absolutely outrageous that a footballer would want to play for the highest bidder, you wouldn't catch members of any other profession doing that... would you? 😁

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

GR1ZZL3R = City

WuDu          = Dortmund

Livertool     = Liverpool

Stubbe        = Shalke

cris1285     = Unatached.

A recent survey of regular contributors to these football threads found that 20% do actually care about City's amazing achievements, actually 25% of those actually following a club. As always the sample size is a touch small but 450 million across the world is also small, but some evidence that some people do care.

At least cris1285 seems to recognise that a supporter is a supporter and does just that, support, through good times and bad. When you're starved of success for many years then things turn around massively you're first thought is not really going to be "Where does the money come from?." It's all very well doing the moral posing bit, that would be fine if you'd been offered untold riches and a huge rise in success and then turned it down, but you haven't so your views  necessarily come from different point. Cityzens have for many years been in the shadow of that other team and finally we have broken into the sunshine. Some here and many elsewhere want to put a dampener on the celebrations in any way possible but at least for now I and many others will simply ignore them. I've always been on the sporting ethos side of things and congratulated others on their successes (even United in 99) but these days that seems sadly lacking, and I've better things to do than try to convert the unconvertable and argue back and forth against a wall of non believers.  

And just in case anyone missed it...

image.png.7f38c8ec43f8fb95649c2a537b9cb4de.png

Seven City players in the Champions League team of the season, Erling wins the Golden boot with 12 and Kevin has most assists with 7, truly the team of the season. 😁

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Yeah, that ManU treble was fantastic, (of course, had to congratulate them because) that was something else. Most of the key players came from the reverse team growing up together, an incomparable and unique achievement. Some of them were legendary players. A likeable team really. Good old days. 

On 6/13/2023 at 11:33 PM, GR1ZZL3R said:

Absolutely outrageous that a footballer would want to play for the highest bidder, you wouldn't catch members of any other profession doing that... would you? 😁

That is just it, nothing to do with football anymore but just whoring for money from sugardaddies. Do you think their ambition is, or ever was, to win Saudi league? I can somewhat understand that Ronaldo took the bait since no team wanted him anymore but to see players go that still can play at highest level with already high wages is mindblowing. On the other hand, if money is main motivation to play then maybe Saudis is best place for them.

And comparing other professions/workers is quite different to football millionaires that are already finacially covered for life, or lives, don't you think? Often when people make enough dough they start to do what they actually want, not start stealing candy from kids for higher wages.

8 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

Some here and many elsewhere want to put a dampener on the celebrations in any way possible but at least for now I and many others will simply ignore them. I've always been on the sporting ethos side of things and congratulated others on their successes (even United in 99) but these days that seems sadly lacking, and I've better things to do than try to convert the unconvertable and argue back and forth against a wall of non believers.  

I had to read that twice! At first I read that you suggested, that City could be lacking sporting ethos, however I now realized that you're accusing us of not showing sporting ethos by not properly congratulating Shitty.

Usa Network Reaction GIF by Suits

So for you guys not informed, here's the article by "Der Spiegel" that got the EPL investigation rolling:

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/sponsorship-money-paid-for-by-the-state-a-2ad5b586-1d82-4a21-8065-f3c081cd91a4

Funny, that this was not coming out of Great Britain...Well, well, well, cannot spell cuck without UK.

image.png.02409f166a5e40ea818efd5af221a690.png

image.png.ebd38ce59ca9e1ba42dd000facb55beb.png

image.png.618b2e6a8b0210e27d6d47a6e8c1cf63.png

Dealing with doping: Sports world can learn from Canada and Ben Johnson  legacy | CBC News

Wie ein Rockstar im Podcast: Lance Armstrong wird 50

Photos: The Inauguration of President Joseph R. Biden Jr. - The Atlantic

Pep Guardiola puffs cigar as Man City celebrate title parade - Daily Star

Jimmy Savile: Kindesmissbrauch in über 500 Fällen

• Haha 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 hour ago, WuDu said:

I had to read that twice!

Why, are you that slow?

And then pictures of an athletic drugs user, a cycling drug user, an elderly politician who may have a degenerative brain disease or simply getting too old to do his job, and an infamous sexual predator. I really don't understand your train of thought. as this was a discussion on footballing finances and merits but you've already had one thread closed down due to bad taste and inappropriate comments. I'm not going to get dragged into a tit for tat back and forth so will go and enjoy another drink and relive my fond memories of City becoming winners... three times winners this season just for anyone that missed it.

image.png.72ac626a6848bfd752423ee66e35b990.png

image.png.3ec3c0c638249c478b9db01608621590.png

Screenshot(4547).png.cb3c480cad95f1cae5ad255a2c87674d.png