LOTS OF PREMIER LEAGUE

Livertool

@psrquack, If the teams are kicked out of their respective national leagues (UEFA really have to do this, to end the sickening money decease in Spanish, English, Italian and French football), the Bundesliga will relatively to the other national leagues be of more interest/higher level. That is if Bayern and Dortmund don't go full retard and join as well.

Perfect summary of my thoughts here: https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1384019428375924737. Also disgusting that a club as terrible as Arsenal should be part of this. Such a sad day for football, but I hope it'll have serious ramifications and we can have an end to this shitshow.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

New Champions League doesnt sound better than super league. On other hand the only super league coach fired will be Jose Mourinho, true Special One :classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 2
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

I posted (I think last year) that there are regular breakaway attempts which never seem to happen. I would have said the same again (honest) but couldn't due to updates. Seems like commonsense has prevailed again. :classic_blink:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

2 hours ago, GR1ZZL3R said:

I posted (I think last year) that there are regular breakaway attempts which never seem to happen. I would have said the same again (honest) but couldn't due to updates. Seems like commonsense has prevailed again. :classic_blink:

There's a big difference between never-ending talks and then announcing a new league with teams already committed. I think everyone had their serious doubts, but this is still the closest - by far- that we've ever been to it becoming reality. If it wasn't for the backlash - beyond me how people at the top can be so disconnected from the fans and sport in general - I don't doubt that this league would have happened: from a purely financial perspective, it's a no-brainer for these clubs of course.

This was only done to see the world reaction. Super league is happening in 5 years time but i think with no guaranteed places but they will qualify there from the league. Lets say 3 first from UK first 3 from Spain 2 from France first 2 from Germany and first 2 from italy and play this like a league or two groups of 6 teams with some playoffs with 2 best of each one etc... I think this will be the target that the best teams will play only with themselves not with D.Zagreb or Legia Warsaw or other CSKA Sofia.

Little similar things really need to happen in national qualis. Its beyond ridiculous that my team have in same group San Marino And Andora.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Guys, what did I tell you? It's a huge game of chicken!

After this fiasco, I assume all the SuperLeague talks are now off for the next 10 years or so. 

Having said that, a UCL reform is absolutely needed, however I believe that such a reform has to center around spending and a salary cap. However this is not gonna happen in Europe.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1 minute ago, jerry said:

Just read that Barcelona and Real still didnt back off. El classico every wednesday? :classic_biggrin:

If you read/watched the Perez interview on Monday, I think it's save to assume that the Spanish teams are dead broke and need money now in order to avoid going belly up. 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Real and specially Barca badly need money, literally for surviving. 😁 Ceferin paid the big 6 from the UK to step back, cash as a great fire extinguisher - at least for now. 

I think a proper ESL is doable. Get 16 teams, four groups of 4 with two advancing to the spring knockout stage. Perez, nobody needs like 15 groupstage matches! And have normal relegation and promotion, no fixed teams. Teams can get to Canaan from CL and EL (winners, finalists whatever.) But the greed 😡

Now I'm sure ESL will happen sooner or later. After reading all the announcements it seems only the minority of the PL clubs said sorry to fans. This means time is not the best, but if there will be an option, they will join again. What ESL founders should do is replacing teams like Arsenal to Everton. Why? Because they have asian owners too, who are ready to invest to new things like ESL and they have English First Division history aswell.

German clubs are in key positions aswell, if I would a founder of the ESL then I would "buy" Schalke as RB did it and pumping money till S04 would reach around UCL places. After that I would invite them and RB to ESL. They won't be the first class names on the market, but with a massive media campaign and Asian/American tours/buying some players from the previously mentioned continents their reputation would incredibly raise.

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

Guys, what did I tell you? It's a huge game of chicken!

After this fiasco, I assume all the SuperLeague talks are now off for the next 10 years or so. 

Having said that, a UCL reform is absolutely needed, however I believe that such a reform has to center around spending and a salary cap. However this is not gonna happen in Europe.

Agree 100% on this. Only way forward should be a transfer fee and salary cap for all clubs associated with UEFA. 

58 minutes ago, psrquack said:

"buy" Schalke as RB

Schalke isn't an English club. You can't just buy the majority like that - especially not when it's Schalke. Didn't you see what the fans just did to their own players? Imagine some Chinese dude attempting to buy the club.... 🧨💣

2 hours ago, WuDu said:

If you read/watched the Perez interview on Monday, I think it's save to assume that the Spanish teams are dead broke and need money now in order to avoid going belly up. 

And yes, quite obvious that Real are completely f*****. Every interview and comment from Perez makes want to cry and laugh at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Schalke isn't an English club. You can't just buy the majority like that - especially not when it's Schalke. Didn't you see what the fans just did to their own players? Imagine some Chinese dude attempting to buy the club.... 🧨💣

I was wrote "buy" instead of buy, this was a remittance what Red Bull did with SSV Markranstädt. Team name is RasenBallsport, but everyone knows it means Red Bull. So they would be the main sponsor, the asian/american owner would say my firm is the owner, not me etc. This method is currently good for the silver in the Bundesliga.

Fans: S04 is now in crisis. If someone would say, I will lead your back to BuLi, I will win the BuLi with you guys, I don't want to leave the BuLi (like ESL teams also wanted to stay), but I will lift Schalke to enormous glory joining to the top of the top clubs. Will you join me?

Other option is BuLi2 and laughing BVB fans for years.

I bet 95% of supporters would select option1, especially after this session.

Just now, psrquack said:

Fans: S04 is now in crisis. If someone would say, I will lead your back to BuLi, I will win the BuLi with you guys, I don't want to leave the BuLi (like ESL teams also wanted to stay), but I will lift Schalke to enormous glory joining to the top of the top clubs. Will you join me?

Of course not 🙂 again, you approach it as if Schalke was an English, Spanish or Italian team. I for one know the club, fans, city and culture. 

Majority of Schalke fans - including myself - would rather see them play in the 2. Buli than sell the club and values for a Bundesliga title #notinamillionyears 🙂

@psrquack

Did you just compare some 5th division club from Saxony nobody has ever heard of to the Smurfs? I think what Red Bull did was to buy the licence of that club, so they didn't have to start in the Kreisliga at the bottom of the football pyramid. Like @Stubbe-Unibet said, taking over a club like S04 is impossible for a foreign investor, you'd have massive, and I mean MASSIVE action against it by the fans.

By the way, I think it wouldn't even be legally possible to do that with Schalke...

Champions League for me went down hill when it became not just Champions in it. I miss the old days when clubs from less glamorous Leagues could compete to win it all like Red Star and Ajax. 

Salary Caps would be good but saying the ESL destroyed football and was greed by the Premier League is at her rich when they did the very same thing in 1992 breaking away from the FA / Football League to form the Premier League or as it was called then the Premiership as they wanted more of the money and not to have it so equally shared. I think for the regular fan it's been terrible. A few clubs got richer and dominate, the rest pick up the scraps, cost of tickets, merchandise has rocketed and TV coverage is all pay TV, no games on free to air TV anymore. As for the clubs themselves it's not been great either as a buisness model as all the extra TV money and income from tickets and merchandise has mainly gone to agents and inflated players wages. Only really have the top division players done well out of this over the last 20 years with there wages going up and up and up. How this was allowed to happen I don't get but can only be thru clubs spending silly amounts to buy success, rich owners with more money than sense or state backers wanting prestige at any price. 

I still like football but it has no soul. Even international competitions for me are no longer pure with ever diluted qualification requirements, players changing allegiance where by big nations give citizenship to young lads who come over and prove to be good. How many African players end up representing for France that way. Then there's the finals instead of a open draw in a World Cup or Euros it's weighted so the organisers can almost guarantee the bigger nations won't meet to the quarter finals onwards all for TV most likely but to me spoils it. Means an underdog can almost never hope to win. I'd much prefer every team that qualifies be placed in a draw for the groups that is not ranked. It could throw up groups of death but also give the smaller nations real hope to go far if ended up in a group of similar strength nations as after such it's knock out. I like it when small underdogs upset the status quo - like when Greece won the Euros once. 

• Like 1

Yeah, at this point i think he is past it. Roma is a big challenge [now 6th, 7th club in Italy, by place, finances], maybe with new US owners they will make some big signings but judging from ManU where he had unlimited funds he didnt recruit too good. 

Still, Spurs made gigantic mistake firing him before cup final with City. Maybe they would not won it either but with him it was much much bigger chance than with janitor that was at his place.

If he blew this job next thing will be Portugal then MLS.

30 minutes ago, jerry said:

Yeah, at this point i think he is past it. Roma is a big challenge [now 6th, 7th club in Italy, by place, finances], maybe with new US owners they will make some big signings but judging from ManU where he had unlimited funds he didnt recruit too good. 

Still, Spurs made gigantic mistake firing him before cup final with City. Maybe they would not won it either but with him it was much much bigger chance than with janitor that was at his place.

If he blew this job next thing will be Portugal then MLS.

I doubt MLS, he is too ambitious for it and managers don't have same sex appeal than players to bring in audience. Maybe Portugal national team could be in his interest at some point...