Moving to another country

DepchZ

I am moving to Poland next week from Finland. Is there anything I need to do to my account or can I just play from Poland with my account created in Finland? Can I change my currency if I wanted to change EUR to PLN?

AFAIK Unibet is allowed in Poland, so not running in to the problem I had in another thread of Unibet and Spain. :-)

When you move to Poland, you should create a new account on www.unibet.com and use that. Once you've done this, let us know either here on the community or at customer service and we'll close your Unibet.fi account until you're back home again.

We would like to offer an easier way of doing this - like changing the currency on your account - but due to each market being regulated under different rules, there simply is no way around having to make a new account once you get there. 

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

We'll have to get in touch with our Player Safety department and see what can be done ,. I wish I had a definitive answer right now, but it has to do with the licenses in the different countries and we have to be sure, but I promise we'll try our best to find a suitable solution.

Former Community Manager

This does seem like a lot of work, but is understandable. At least if you try to look for the positives, you are eligble for the welcome bonus again as you can create a new account with permit, so all good. :-)

Great news ! The Finish and the Polish market works under the same license, so you won't have to create a new account and we can update the address instead.

In order to change the address when you've moved, our Player Safety department would need you to kindly send us the following:

1. A copy or picture of a valid ID.
  2. A proof of your new Polish addresse - for this we'll need an official letter, obviously sent to you in Poland and not more than 3 months old.

/Jeppe

Former Community Manager

@JeppeL wrote:

Great news @DepchZ! The Finish and the Polish market works under the same license, so you won't have to create a new account and we can update the address instead.

In order to change the address when you've moved, our Player Safety department would need you to kindly send us the following:

1. A copy or picture of a valid ID.
  2. A proof of your new Polish addresse - for this we'll need an official letter, obviously sent to you in Poland and not more than 3 months old.

/Jeppe

Will this take care of the EUR to PLN as well? 

I've got it cleared up and the choice will be your own, you can either have the address changed on your current account and it will remain in €, or you can create a new account from Poland on Unibet.com and have it in Polish zloty :)

Former Community Manager

Thank you for this information. I think the right to choose in such situation is great. In this case I must explain why i will choose to create a new polish account. The unstability in EUR is why i would do this, the euro zone is in risk to fall apart even more than brexit and se will not know even the full meaning of that to emu countries. I take gamble rather on invidual currencies than have fluctuations on EUR to PLN on which I will be getting my payroll and be spending with. So it is a farsighted gamble and security for your purchasing power locally.

Archived