Who are you ? Regular/Casual/Hardcore players ?

elclement

Any of you play poker for living?  This job of my dreaming and in the future I would like to quit my job and start playing poker full time but in Poland, the government wants to introduce restrictions on poker and this ruining my plans :(

hi kami,

I play full time at lower end stakes make about minimum wage,I have played higher but don't like variance and don't like risking having to get a job I only keep 100 euro bankroll.the only real problem I have is putting the hours in as it is so easy to just watch tv and get lazy.i wish I could have more discipline to play more and to treat it like a job and keep regular hours.its not the dream job I don't think anyway because there's no structure to your life and night and day doesn't mean anything anymore and I don't know when to sleep.

@kami wrote:

Any of you play poker for living?  This job of my dreaming and in the future I would like to quit my job and start playing poker full time but in Poland, the government wants to introduce restrictions on poker and this ruining my plans :(

at first i was thinking as well , but is a huge variance in life ( personal and professional ) if you take poker as a job.

i have 5 years since i play poker for living and thats only because in my hometown , where in this moment i live i cant find any job in the field i finished my studies and my profesional expirience. 

i have a 5 years gap between my last work place and imagine when i am going to an interview what kind of lie i have to say and not mention poker as a primary source of income . and i am not good at lying!

i can whait the day when i will find a job fit for me and given up at poker for at least a period and after that being a part time job.you ll never find a more stressfull job as poker player.

so take it as a partt time job cause if you are good at it you ll never find any other part time job paying better than poker but not a primary job. this is my thought about taking poker serious .and more than that poker is antisocial , stressfull has a lot of negative things 

About a decade ago I guess I would have counted as a regular, I supplemented my income during studies by playing small stakes NLHE and taking advantage of any deposit bonus i could find :smileyembarrassed: After graduating I managed to hit a real life one-outer by getting a decent job straight out of university, so getting money from poker became unnecessary. Also I was pretty much sick of the tracker/HUD fuelled predatory nature of online poker by then anyway.

These days I'm purely a casual player, I stick to the lowest stakes available and only play for fun, instead of Netflix and chill I Netflix and 3bet. :smileywink:

@kami wrote:

For me it's a second income i make like "$150-$300" a month, i feel you kami, here in romania the same :cathappy: ❤️ :cathappy: with poker, i hope it will be still alive by the end of the year.

And yeah i have the same dream as you but i need more discipline, till i get good enough i will stay at my regular job that pays like $300/month.

I will suggest if you are good enough at poker, just move to another country.

9bf8bf16515011.562ad1994a4dd

For those aiming to make a living from poker I would stress that you will definitely need self discipline.

I don't make play poker for a living, but I do have an online business and it is wayyy too easy to get sucked into I'll do that tomorrow.

Not just for yourself but friends and relatives think that because you are at home you are available to them anytime.
Getting a few hours a day to focus, and sticking to it can be very hard.

That said I would love to swap poker for work, and the best of luck to those brave enough to do it :womanvery-happy:

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

Archived