which stage of tournament you find more difficult and why?ex early bubble or last tables/final table

papakias

I find final tables very difficult.

Can go in with the biggest stack and yet end up first out. Badly need to improve that part of my game.
Of course that meand having to reach a higher proportion of final tables first!

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

@JillianP wrote:

Can go in with the biggest stack and yet end up first out. Badly need to improve that part of my game.

Same here, I can play really smart up until I get to the final table and then end up getting distracted and make some silly mistake once I get there. Which is pretty much what happened in the Community freeroll a couple of weeks back. (Still smacking my forehead about that.)

The bad beats or bad plays is a big story but at least we MUST learn from that..today in the wellcome tournament last 13 player i had JTs big bling last 9BB and call 2 players all in am not saying my call was wrong but i knew that i was behind before i call there.

@JillianP wrote:

You just need to think of the final table as a SnG and reset how you play :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I have trouble often in the first few levels due to playing too many hands and speculating off 20% of my starting stack.  Then when the blinds go to level 3-5 I sometimes panic.  Where most people panic is in satellites at the end stage.  The same can't be said for a regular MTT as players at the F/T are all getting some pay and the incentive to move up the ladder isn't nearly as scary as sitting with 7 people left in a satellite and 5 are getting a seat and the last 2 get zilch.  In this scenario it's all about fear and how to deal with it and use peoples fear against them.  All players are scared and they should be.

Early stage in a tournament dont try too much because the blinds are small comparing to your stack.Blinds is the secret to win good pots.Make a standar play with standar hands so no stress and if you lose with a good hand at least you know that you play it right.When i start playing poker i was playing a single tournament to be more focus but thats wrong 3 tournaments at least to avoid the mistakes when you try so hard in the single tournament.Study is the key in poker i prefer to watch videos and twitch (is a good school)!!!!

For me it is not about the stage. But when i have nothing at all for long time, and the ante and BB eats my stack, and finally i got a goodlooking pair, or Ax, than i bet with my 5BB and somebody w big stack calls and beat me w 28, i can go crazy. 

So i just have to avoid being shortstacked, the level doesnt matter. 

Btw less people are in, you have to be more aggressive, and you will have no problem at FT. 

Late stages near the money, Especially if there are a lot of short stacks. You have to be selective which hands to open otherwise you will be torching chips, folding to a shove
I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Archived