Banned(?) Word

psrquack

Hey guys,

I just tried to write the word v** down here and figured out that this word got banned. I really don't know why because the english wikipedia  (link to wikipedia but banned too) contains that word too. I think it's time reconsider our banning policy. Cheers

That was my original post. After trying to send it I faced with the following message:

The message body contains e+n, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post. We don't allow posts in other languages than English, and swearing is not allowed either.

@Apoxxy91 wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

Hey guys,

english wikipedia

in community we dont have only English filter, maybe this "word v** " got some other language filter :manwink:

No, the word is v0n, the german name prefix. I'm very curios how can that word offend someone. Yes community doesn't like the link with e+n.wikipedia.something. I tried to post my question with the link and it wasn't allowed.

@psrquack wrote:

@MarcoV wrote:

@psrquack Thanks for letting us know about this.

As @Apoxxy91 and @MoreTBC mentioned, it was in the German language filter - I've removed the word von from the filter :smileyhappy:

Thank you but what about the e+n?

The forum is designed to only allow you to post in English. If a word appears in a language dictonary other than the English one it'll give you the warning you received because it things you're trying to post in a different language. It's just going to take a while to find words that are classed as foreign but are used in English as well. Does 'e+n' not work? [Get's error message].. Appears not :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MarcoV wrote:

@psrquack Sorry I missed that one before. Should be fixed now

C'mon guys, check your language filter again. It's so annoying. I can't d-i-g a hole.

The message body contains d-i-g, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post. We don't allow posts in other languages than English, and swearing is not allowed either.

We've got about 10 different ones and we've been through them for words that could be used in English, but we've missed a few :( Thanks a lot for making us aware of it though, I hope you dig it :)

Former Community Manager

@JeppeL wrote:

We've got about 10 different ones and we've been through them for words that could be used in English, but we've missed a few :( Thanks a lot for making us aware of it though, I hope you dig it :)

Well I think it's time to hire the community to find those words. For some reward we are ready to do it.:smileyvery-happy:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived