Challenges - Suggestions & Feedback

Chris-Unibet

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your answer and your efforts, @JeppeL!

I hope I didn´t sound too harsh while moaning about some difficulties with the client. I really appreciate all of your work and I think you do a great job - way better than every single competitor of Unibet. What I totally forgot to take into account was that it was Christmas + New Year just a few days ago and most of the Unibet staff are probably just having vacation or a few days off.

It must have been stressful days for all of you. Holding the Unibet Open in Bucharest while presenting a new client, plus the problems with the client and so forth. 

I hope in a few weeks - when everything has settled - we can all laugh about the problems and enjoy a smoothly running client. I m very positive that it´ll be a great year for Unibet in 2017! :inlove:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Fresh from 2+2 posted by Andrew regarding the bonuspoints/challenges:-

"The webpage isn't updated and I don't know why. I've asked that it be done as soon as possible.

The client not showing it is a big problem, and new to me. I've told the developers and said that it's very high priority that it be fixed.

Unfortunately, it's probably a client-side problem, which means it'll stay that way until the next update at the end of the month.

So, I'll post the payouts here:

• 50 awards 10 Bonus Points
  • 100 awards 10 Bonus Points
  • 250 awards 30 Bonus Points
  • 500 awards 50 Bonus Points
  • 750 awards Unlock avatar alien_4
  • 1,000 awards €1 MTT ticket
  • 1,500 awards 100 Bonus Points
  • 2,000 awards Unlock avatar alien_2
  • 3,000 awards 5x €1 SNG tickets
  • 4,000 awards Unlock avatar alien_1
  • 5,000 awards €3 NL1 Banzai tickets
  • 6,000 awards Unlock background alien
  • 7,500 awards 500 Bonus Points
  • 10,000 awards 500 Bonus Points
  • 12,500 awards €5
  • 15,000 awards €5
  • 20,000 awards 500 Bonus Points
  • 25,000 awards €5
  • 30,000 awards 600 Bonus Points
  • 40,000 awards 800 Bonus Points
  • 50,000 awards €8
  • 60,000 awards €8
  • 70,000 awards €10 20% Playthrough
  • 85,000 awards 1,200 Bonus Points
  • 100,000 awards Unibet Open Package Freeroll ticket
  • 125,000 awards €20 20% Playthrough
  • 150,000 awards €25
  • 175,000 awards 4,000 Bonus Points
  • 200,000 awards €35
  • 250,000 awards 10,000 Bonus Points
  • 300,000 awards €50
  • 350,000 awards €50
  • 400,000 awards 15,000 Bonus Points
  • 450,000 awards €50
  • 500,000 awards €50
  • 600,000 awards €100
  • 700,000 awards 25,000 Bonus Points
  • 800,000 awards €200
  • 900,000 awards €250
  • 1,000,000 awards €450
  • 1,250,000 awards Unibet Open Package
  • 1,500,000 awards 150,000 Bonus Points
  • 1,750,000 awards €1,000
  • 2,000,000 awards €1,000
  • 2,500,000 awards 350,000 Bonus Points
  • 3,000,000 awards €2,250
  • 3,500,000 awards €2,250
  • 4,000,000 awards €2,250
  • 5,000,000 awards 650,000 Bonus Points
  • 6,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 7,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 8,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 9,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 10,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 11,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 12,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 13,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 14,000,000 awards €5,000
  • 15,000,000 awards €5,000"
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

I'm playing Banzai and my Minor is "Call or Raise preflop when another player is all-in".

I'm in the BB and the SB has 10 total at the start of the hand. It folds to him and he calls off his remaining 5. I'm automatically all-in cos of the blind.

Should I get the point for this? Dont mind either way, just not sure what the procedure would be for this (admittedly rare) situation.

@PlasmaDasher Personally I don't believe it should count towards the challenge, as you technically didn't call but was instead already all in automatically because of the blind. I'm curious though, do you know whether you got the point or not?

Former Community Manager

It would probably be good if there was a pinned thread in here with all the challenges for every game type and frequency to complete. It gets asked all the time here and in 2+2 so it would make sense to have a go-to thread for it.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Just been looking at the minor and major challenges lists and whilst some seem pretty tough and others seem pretty easy but all seem based on sound logic and any losses incured by players could be attributed to the natural variance within the game. There is one however that sticks out to me as promoting poor desicion making and bad practice.

The challenge in question is this one from the Major Challenge for NHLE:

Win a hand post flop when you have any hand worse than one pair                      35

At first glance it seems that the site is basically encouraging players to enter pots with hands that have statistically low chances of winning and are thereby losing propositions. A bit like saying Bet on Accrington Stanley to beat Liverpool 35 times. Sure you might get to the 35 wins eventual but you've the potential to lose quite a lot in getting to the end of the mission.

I would like to add that as a seasoned poker player of many years I understand the thought process behind this mission and I have indeed won many a hand with nothing but air. What I feel is important here is that a lot of players new to the game (or any regulatory body) may not understand the nuances of when such a play would be appropriate and would deem it as per my opening concern.

(It also explains a few mental moves I've seen and the nice additions to my own bank roll hehe)

• 1 month later...

Guys, it would be nice if a discarded challenge would not show up again 6 days after I discarded it!

"During the first two levels, knock out 1 player" I received this challenge now for the 4th time this year. This is stupid.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Chris-Unibet@Andrew

Are you kidding me? I discard the challenge I mentioned above and I'm getting exactly the same challenge as my very next one? If you want me to force to play a certain challenge then it would only be fair to give me back my option to discard. 

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Hi @WuDu,

I've enquired because I'm not sure how it's currently working. Maybe we can make some changes indeed so that the challenge is removed for the entire month or something. 

I can see that you've received and discarded "During the first two levels, knock out at least one player" on 1st March and received it again on 8th March after compelting 5 other challenges. I can't see that you've had it twice in a row though - was that really the case? As it sounds like a bug. 

We currently only have 15 different Minor 5 Seat SNG ones which doesn't help (and 16 from 1st April). 

For your information, we'll replace 17 challenges accross all games in April. All the ones with only 1 step plus the most discarded challenges too. 

@Chris-Unibet wrote:

Hi @WuDu,

I've enquired because I'm not sure how it's currently working. Maybe we can make some changes indeed so that the challenge is removed for the entire month or something. 

I can see that you've received and discarded "During the first two levels, knock out at least one player" on 1st March and received it again on 8th March after compelting 5 other challenges. I can't see that you've had it twice in a row though - was that really the case? As it sounds like a bug. 

We currently only have 15 different Minor 5 Seat SNG ones which doesn't help (and 16 from 1st April). 

For your information, we'll replace 17 challenges accross all games in April. All the ones with only 1 step plus the most discarded challenges too. 

Hello @Chris-Unibet

I received that challenge on March1st and discarded it. I then received it again on March 7th with 1 discard left. I discarded it on March 8th again and the very next challenge was this one again. So I received this challenge 3 times within 1 week and had to burn two discards.Honestly, that's stupid.

One of you Unibet guys then manually changed my minor challenge on March 8th from "eliminate 2 players" to "Have AA on the flop with one A being one of your hole cards" sometime on Wednesday evening, maybe that's causing the confusion.

Is there a posibility to get to old system for those that dont like these challenges? Like, you have an option to either to the challenges or be old fashioned 1€=100 points kinda guy? Just one tiny opt out button?

I think indeed that the sng challenges aren't that fair. I rake 10x more than I earn with the challenges, so I loved the system from the past more here

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Hi @mgermo,
The old system was just there because we didn't get the chance to implement challenges in SNGs and Cash Games before.
I can't have a look for every single forum member but just so you know, you've received over 20% more points that what you would have with the old system. 

Hi @VikingsAF,
Sit & Go Challenges frequencies were calculated based on data prior we've introduced Challenges. What it means is that, if anything, it currently favours most players because now, they can change their behaviour according to challenges, at least for for some of them (e.g. During the first two levels, be dealt a suited connector and see a flop). 
Now, of course, there's a lot of variance and it depends on how you play as well.

One question though: Is that frustrating to have most of the SNG Challenges working only during the first two levels? We need to do that so that it doesn't favour good players over the rest but I'm wondering if we should add 1 level. It's too late for Q2 though as it needs a lot of work to get new frequencies. In Q2, we'll replace some of the most discarded ones and also, all the one step challenges. 

@Chris-Unibet an addition of one or even 2 levels would surely make it a lot more interesting. 

Because in 2 levels you maybe see only 12 hands, which is not a lot. 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Never played on a site that had this sort of reward scheme and have to say I'm finding it really fun. I can be an mttt grinder on occasion but don't play a lot of cash or SNG's at all. But because of challenges I've found myself dipping in those games a lot more than usual which is good for the site and hopefully good for my all round game (if not good for my bankroll!).

Agree that adding an extra level or 2 would be nice but keep up the good work either way.

@Chris-Unibet wrote:

One question though: Is that frustrating to have most of the SNG Challenges working only during the first two levels? We need to do that so that it doesn't favour good players over the rest but I'm wondering if we should add 1 level. It's too late for Q2 though as it needs a lot of work to get new frequencies. In Q2, we'll replace some of the most discarded ones and also, all the one step challenges. 

I think you're making a mistake assuming that only bad players get eliminated within the first 6 minutes. From my experience playing here, it's mostly situations like AA vs KK or flush vs trips that gets players kicked out within the first 2 levels. That has nothing to do with skills but is mostly a case of bad luck. What about the bad players here making it through the first two levels and still don't reach the money on a regular basis? Those guys get totally screwed with such a system.

Hi, guys :happyshy:
Lol, I hope its a some kind of joke loose.thumb.jpg.bcfcc286c3d724c8553be41b878d9968.jpg

So you asking me to loose? Maybe it will be bettter task to win/loose with some kind of awefull combination (72o or else)? Couse i am sure that noone wanna be beaten FIVE TIMES (Mostly with overpair).

Archived