Challenges - Suggestions & Feedback

Chris-Unibet

I still think it would be better if challenges overall had less variance. As for the fun factor, I actually more enjoy the feeling of completion (and reward) than having "fun" trying to complete the challenge, I just play as I always do and wait for it complete anyway.

So in other words I vote for more easier challenges which complete faster and have more steps, even if they will award less points that way.

I'd just remove all majors that have 5 steps or less and minors with 10 steps or less and replace them with some that have more steps and seem easy, like "have suited HC" x100  or "have a pocket pair" x20  etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

^lol same here, really don't like this one. probably because it's avoiding me like the plague.

another one i dislike is 20x "have a full house on the river that includes the river card". advocates for some really strange and non-action-friendly play with sets for a pretty long time imo. I've always discarded that one straight away.

As with the aforementioned challenge, I find the purpose of all challenges that reduce action hard to understand (such as challenges that advocate folding a hand preflop, e.g. 4 cards of the same suit). The ones that push players to do out-of-the-box stuff to increase action, are easily the most fun, to all parts involved imo.

@finamala wrote:

I still think it would be better if challenges overall had less variance. As for the fun factor, I actually more enjoy the feeling of completion (and reward) than having "fun" trying to complete the challenge, I just play as I always do and wait for it complete anyway.

So in other words I vote for more easier challenges which complete faster and have more steps, even if they will award less points that way.

I'd just remove all majors that have 5 steps or less and minors with 10 steps or less and replace them with some that have more steps and seem easy, like "have suited HC" x100  or "have a pocket pair" x20  etc.

I very much agree with this. The challenges that have more steps provide much more incentive to keep on playing imo, when you know that you will almost certainly hit a couple of more steps if you keep on playing a little bit longer. I'd especially like to see high frequency, action-increasing challenges (such as "play a double-suited hand"), that change players' behaviour towards being more loose. Kinda like how a live hold'em table might agree to play the deuce-seven game (win a hand with 27 and receive whatever extra amount has been agreed upon by the table from all the players). Makes for a more interesting and fun game. 

The high variance,  one-step challenges start feeling like a burden, and you're less inclined to play (I feel I'm slowly starting to lose the motivation of chasing a challenge, more so than when I've had majors that include more steps, and I can "see the horizon") after missing over and over again (Yours sincerely, cleared 13 minors so far trying to flop that A-high straight that includes A in the hole. The quest goes on. :D) Well, at least this challenge has made me looser, as I was calling for the challenges to do. Definitely played (and lost) more AJTx- type hands than I normally would have. But it's a sort of desperate looseness, where you keep playing and missing hand after hand since the odds are so slim, whereas I feel that challenges like "play a double-suited hand" are more of a positive element, where even if you lose a hand that you normally wouldn't have played, you can still get that little bit of feelgood from seeing one more step cleared.

@LCW wrote:

I'd especially like to see high frequency, action-increasing challenges (such as "play a double-suited hand"), that change players' behaviour towards being more loose. Kinda like how a live hold'em table might agree to play the deuce-seven game (win a hand with 27 and receive whatever extra amount has been agreed upon by the table from all the players). Makes for a more interesting and fun game. 

We don't have many of this kind of Challenge because I think it'll harm weak players too much.  They're already making mistakes, and now they'll make more.  Someone who plays normally and just waits for the points to come will also end up making more money.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

• 2 months later...

When you are sitting in the dealer position (with the white D disc in front of your avatar and to the direct right of the small blind) either call a bet from another player, re-raise another player or make the first action of the hand and raise.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

How many challenges there is for each game every quarter? Is there a chance for example I play one month, I complete all challenges and 2/3 of quarter I have to play without getting points from challenges? Strange nowhere is description for that, and nowhere i can check all challenges. If I calculate my goal, i need to know also circumstances how realistic it is to reach my goall.

Also would like to know how you know amount of bonus points rewards, when you reach some level with you points? Now it says just "bonuspoints" and i have to guess is it worth to play there or not...

@GiorgiosGula, I think you go all over the challenges if you managed to finish all of them. So you finish with the first challenge again after completing the last one. But I´m not 100% sure. 

Refering the bonuspoints, I think it is a mistake that the number of points you get isn´t shown yet. They will probably fix that sooner or later.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Am I only one whos points havent updated last hour or so? My challenge page has always been up to date, and all game points have came immediately. But now there is huge delay, at least I hope it's a delay. In worse case points doesnt come at all.

Does size of game affect on challenge reward points, is there kind of multiplier etc? Yesterday when I played different limits I noticed some "sailing" up and down with amount of reward, I was so worried that i get points decrease if I play lower stakes, so I started play only higher stakes :D

Does size of game affect on challenge reward points, is there kind of multiplier etc? Yesterday when I played different limits I noticed some "sailing" up and down with amount of reward, I was so worried that i get points decrease if I play lower stakes, so I started play only higher stakes :D

@GiorgiosGula, the higher the stakes the more challenge points you earn.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Those new challenges for SNGs suck! I mean, why on earth are there only points awarded during the first 6 minutes for 5 players SNGs?

Yesterday I received a MINOR challenge to eliminate a player (2 times total) during the first 6 minutes ,because that happens so often at 15/30 and 20/40...😞

I have to check the results long term but sadly I believe this new system reduces value for us SNG players.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

They want us to gamble 🤣

I strongly agree with you, some of the challenges are very tilting.

Why would you make a challenge containing of losing an all in with a pocket pair preflop all in? Shouldn´t a challenge be something you WANT to achieve?

Besides, do we still get the normal point for the rake paid? 1€ = 100 points still active? Or are the challenges the only way to earn points now?

I think there should be some kind of communication. The users have to guess about everything, there are no statements about the bonus shop, no statements about the crashings and freezings. 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

They want us to gamble 🤣

I strongly agree with you, some of the challenges are very tilting.

Why would you make a challenge containing of losing an all in with a pocket pair preflop all in? Shouldn´t a challenge be something you WANT to achieve?

Besides, do we still get the normal point for the rake paid? 1€ = 100 points still active? Or are the challenges the only way to earn points now?

I think there should be some kind of communication. The users have to guess about everything, there are no statements about the bonus shop, no statements about the crashings and freezings. 

No, 1 Euro= 100 points is only valid for MTTs now. In the past it was very easy to see how many SNGs you played since 1000 points= 20* 10 Euro SNGs. There's a challenge where you have to lose an all-in with PP within the first 6 minutes? 🤣

My major challenge right now is "See a flop with only 2,3,4,5". All within 15/30 and 20/40 of course. Happened once a day for me so far...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I must agree everything with you. New Year and I was full of energy and plans to play lot of SNG's. All was good. Then suddenly SNG challenge came, first i thought there is points from games and from challenge. But then reality hit my face, SNG is now like 4-5 times worse than it was with 1€ rake=100points (and even that rake/point ratio wasn't competitive to other poker sites). Now i just play when i wait action in other site. My plan was to rake like 5k€/month with rake/point ratio, but because challenges are so bad i have better plans and Unibet is not my main site anymore.

Also agree that all terms and changes here are like in wild west. Changes come changes happen and nowhere is statement. I should read twoplustwo to know what things happen. IMO official place should be Unibet own web pages, where should be details and everything should be complained.

Completing challenges in SNG's is insane. I should play 70-80 hours weeks whole quarter to get bonus which is same as standard RB with 40hour weeks elsewhere. CHALLENGES DONT WORK IN SNG's, put 1€ rake=100 points with it or alone and you get volume...Holla if you dislike challenges in SNG's! Maybe we get it back where it was.

What happens if i push "discard this challenge" button, do I get to next challenge or lose even that "worthless" challenge? What happens if I push it like 5555 times, am i back with 1€rake=100points? :D That kind of things should be explained so users doesnt need to guess "i cant push this because i dont know what happens".

I like Unibet a lot, trackers, huds and other programs doesnt work here. But really this SNG challenge change forces me take many back steps and watch other skins for my main volume.

+1 @GiorgiosGula

Wish everything that happened in december to a bad experience and return to how things were before.It's been more than a month since i can't play on the App,tried all the possible solutions and no result at all.Even more , in my attempt to "fix" something that should work by default, "managed" to delete my Windows and had to wait for a new one.Surprise,surprise,still can't play only on web browser.I'm really tired of waiting for solutions from develeopers and trying to become an IT expert for an App to work.I mean,seriously????

And this new challenges system is just  really bad,especially in SNG's.Before,we knew exactely whatt we have to do to earn points and everything was kept easy and simply.Now,it's not enough that you really killed any joy on playing poker on Unibet,for me and many others,but you've also changed something that was working really fine.Why? Why? Why? Why do you keep making changes to things that work really fine and turn them into such a fiasco?

Why should i go on 2+2 forum to read about how things work on UNIBET? When UNUBET has ,surprise-surprise, a COMMUNITY,and a WEBSITE.Is it so much trouble at least to copy/paste and post where they should be posted ?Don't wanna get into the "freeze" problems and the other milions of bugs of this new "wonderful" update,but come on,you really keep on making thins worst day by day.

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

I agree with you @AndreiBN, in most points at least. 

But you have to admit that things get better every time a new update is released.

In the beginning there were as many disconnects/freezes/crashes as Jesse Pinkman says "Bitch" in Breaking Bad.

Its getting better - at least the client and the playing experience.

But the changes regarding SNGs, Banzai wasn´t communicated at all. Maybe players was planning to play a lot of SNGs with the old rake system in mind.

In theory it is very good for Unibet, because there will be many casual players who don´t complete a challenge and they will get 0 challenge points, although they paid rake. And if they manage to complete a challenge it ll probably be a minor one.

What I want Unibet to do:

-> big announcement about all the changes

-> all the changes explained

-> all the challenges explained 

-> discussions about negative reinforcement in the challenges (lose an all in preflop, what the ..... is that) 

-> information about challenges, how many different ones are there per quarter, what happens if I discard one, what happens if I get through all of them)

There is still hope, that this client will rock. And I hope there will be hell of a promotion for us players. Since WE are risking OUR money despite the fact that the client could crash or freeze or something similar all the time. And we still pay rake and the buyin and might not even be able to play .

Just my 0.02$ 🆒

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

@GotWhatItTakes wrote:

I agree with you @AndreiBN, in most points at least. 

But you have to admit that things get better every time a new update is released.

@GotWhatItTakes For me,at the moment,they can make 100 updates and make things better as i am not able to play at all except for the web browser version 🤣

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"

Archived