€200 to €10k, last shot!

televerket

Hi all,

This is gonna be my poker journal for my last attempt to make some money in this beautiful bot oh so horrible game. Actually started this challenge for about 3 weeks ago but after going from 250 to 400 and then down to 200 I felt like I needed somewhere to discuss some plays and get my tilt off. So my goals is to slowly work up to 10k, and because of school and side work Its gonna take as long as it gonna.

I have 3 different side goals:

• €200 -> €800 (withdraw €150 and move up to nl25)
  • €650 -> €1.5k (withdraw  €250, and move up to nl50)
  • €900 ->  €3k (withdraw  €500, and move up to nl100)

So yeah, hope this will pick up and we get some good discussions.

U have side job,still going in school so you not depend from poker like me for example so dont withdraw anything till u catch your goal...believe me u are in unique situation and tbh i am little bit envy cause i cant do like that...DO NOT WITHDRAW!

Gl to your goals. Btw it would be great knowing a little bit more aobut your plans. Will you play Holdem or Omaha? How many tables will you open at once? I think you will start at NL10, is that correct? Races, missions, giveaways, community league are the part of the challenge or not?

Yeah you are right, nl10 to start with, only holdem. I was a breakeven multi-tabling reg at nl10 on PS with HUD and all that so I'm trying to stick with only 6-tables for a more opponent focused play. But sometimes I loose focus with to few tables so we will see. Everything on the side like missions and races will go in to the challenge. 

One thing I was thinking about is how do people spend there points? I bought a bunch of €5 bonuses to always have something to clear, but I'm not sure if that is the best way to do it. Someone that has some thought on that?

And regarding withdrawal, I might reconsider that after TarotPowers post. Maybe I will just go trough the challenge and then make a withdrawal. 

@psrquack wrote:

I think buying the bonus is a best choice, btw trying the water at higher level with a cash game ticket (using as 2 buyins) is also great.

Great tip, will maybe save up to a nl25 ticket. 

Played a late night session with 1.5 BI down after I tilted away like a maniac. I also decided to only play 4 tables to work on my post flop game for a while, the transition between playing with hud and without has been harder then I expected. Need more focus on villain because I think I did to many light calldowns that was just clearly wrong. (Tilting are also not good for focus) 

Are someone keeping notes on opponents on the side or something? Any tip how to make the transit from PS to unibet less painful. Don't get me wrong, I love Unibets philosophy on poker, but I want to keep some edge over my opponents. 

Session #1: -€15.08

Bankroll: €184.92

Do you play SNGs? If so, you could use your bonus points to buy SNG tickets instead of cash boni to clear. If you have a positive ROI playing SNGs, you'd get your money much faster than clearing a bonus if that's important to you.

You can keep notes on paper, however the value of doing so is pretty diminished, you might be better off watching the action at the tables.

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@TarotPower you are my hero!

@WuDu wrote:

Do you play SNGs? If so, you could use your bonus points to buy SNG tickets instead of cash boni to clear. If you have a positive ROI playing SNGs, you'd get your money much faster than clearing a bonus if that's important to you.

You can keep notes on paper, however the value of doing so is pretty diminished, you might be better off watching the action at the tables.

No, no regular SNG player but for missions and then I have felt a bit edge in the lower buy-ins. Can be worth checking that in, though I have not any big experience with SNGs. 

So just finished with this night session and it went good, almost 2 BI plus. Went down to 4 tables and focused much more on each table and opponent. And even tough I had two pretty big badbeat with AA i kept my calm and did not tilt away. Maybe will post some hands here tomorrow for discussion if that is something people are interested in.  Good night!

Session #2: €17.2

Bankroll: €202.02

@televerket of course i am your hero like many others cause i am one and only the greatest ever god dam superhero! If u ever i mean ever feel signs of tilt i mean even slightest one just close all poker tables,you have all time of the world to fullfill this goal. Some sessions will be bad and defeat is standard part of poker like life in general but thats not reason you should spend hours and hours thinking how u lost something if u played correct,if u made mistakes its good to analise it and try to repair that leak but do not aloud poker overtake your every minut of free time!

@televerket idk man if this is your last shot i think 20buy-ins its a little aggro :) i'd start another way, start at 4NL and 2 table till u reach 400 then add 2 more tables and play till u reach 600 add 2 more tables and play till u reach 1000, cash out 500 and start the same proces at 10NL :) maybe i'm too strict idk, better safe than sorry!

Have fun and good luck on your journey!

Session #3: €12.57

Bankroll: €214.59

Short mid-day session for me and 4 tables are working out really good. More focus on each tables and I can handle bad beats better. 

Should also ad that every Session result includes the bonus payouts right now but maybe it is a better idea to separate them to have statistic on my "rakeback"?

@FreedoM wrote:
@televerket idk man if this is your last shot i think 20buy-ins its a little aggro :) i'd start another way, start at 4NL and 2 table till u reach 400 then add 2 more tables and play till u reach 600 add 2 more tables and play till u reach 1000, cash out 500 and start the same proces at 10NL :) maybe i'm too strict idk, better safe than sorry!

Have fun and good luck on your journey!

@FreedoM My completly sincere answer is that if Im going to do this, Im gonna go out pretty aggro. I have played some nl4/nl5 before but never had any sucess. Made more money on nl10 for some wierd reason. So I will stick with my aggro plan. I have about 6-7 years of poker experience so I am no beginner. Never did any seroius plans before though, maybe the "last shot" was a bit dramatic, but if I don't make any serious gains I feel that I have done mine with poker and go all in on netsec studies which is also a big passion for me. 

Archived