Moving On Up - What Bankroll?

Portknockie

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are for bankroll management relating specifically to Unibet cash games.

i.e. How much before you move on up to NL10, 25 etc and should you buy in with minimum

until you get the hang of the larger stakes or go right in there with max buy in?

This depends highly on your winrate imo 

Here's a good read about it: http://www.nsdpoker.com/2011/03/nlhe_6m_pros/

Also bare in mind the rake on unibet increasing as you move up in stakes as opposed to many other sites (or the past):

https://www.unibet.eu/help/products/poker/poker-rake-and-fees

Obviously you (usually) can't simply convert your winrate to the higher stakes as the games become somewhat tougher. Let's say you go from a pre-rake 10BB/100 winner on NL4, to being a 4BB/100 winner on NL10 you're actually gonna make less money. So it'll only make sense if your winrate isn't decreasing too much as you move up in stakes. I would recommend calculating your winrate over a decent samplesize and then think for yourself how much risk your willing to take considering standard deviation and your willingness to move back down in stakes if it goes wrong, because otherwise disaster is bound to happen.

GL mate! 

I think bankroll management applies only to winning players, in the old days the standard was 25 buy-ins, nowadays it's between that 25 and 50, but the answer is not that simple, always buy full a stack, i'd suggest to start at 4NL with €100 and 1 tabling till u get to €200 and then if you feel confident add more tables, don't play other games SNGs/MTTs it will confuse you, just focus on cash.

My opinion is not to move up at least till u can 6-table 4NL and beat it, by then you'll have a good idea how much buy-ins u need to move up, and when u move up to a new limit start 2-tabling till u get the hang of it. Then do the same till u get to be a CASH-BEAST !!! # cheers #glhf

Archived