Bounty MTT payouts

MoreTBC

With the impending bounty promo next month it's got me thinking..

I loves me a bounty MTT, I really do :), but I've been having a scan over the weekly schedule and every single one is 50% bounty/50% prize pool with the buy-in and pays out 75% of someones bounty in cash. Would it possible to get some variation in the structure?

For example, I'd love to see one of the deepstack be 25% bounty/75% prize pool so that there is a little more to play for at the final table after x hours of play.

A tourney where the bounty payout 25% or 50% cash would be good as well so that the bounty element is more prominent later in the MTT. Knowing there is a juicy €10+ bounty on the line and you have a marginal decision to make is what bounty MTTs are all about :)

I also found this while I was looking at bounty stuff

https://www.unibet.co.uk/poker/guides/the-basics-of-poker-bounty-tournaments-1.698080

The first paragraph doesn't really make any sense. Later in a bounty MTT you could be winning 100+% of your buyin when knocking a player out and as a minimum you'd win 37.5%?(questionable maths) with your first knockout.

The Squid Spectacular is still in the schedule Robin posted, does it still run without him? I don't remember seeing it when I've played on a Wednesday.

Edit: I expect the current structure exists in order to give as many players as possible some money back from the MTT given the Unibet mantra but surely it can't harm to change one or two of them? :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Thanks for your feedback about the bounty tournaments.

In the past we ran some regular bounty tournaments and we’ve used some variations in the progressive structure during a MTT series some time ago.

We found that the type of progressive bounty tournament we use at the moment is more popular than the regular one and it makes all bounty tournament consistent to use one variant.

However I agree it could be nice as variation to have the suggested variant, in which the progressive part starts with a lower portion of the buy-in. We will look into that and thanks for suggesting!

https://www.unibet.co.uk/poker/guides/the-basics-of-poker-bounty-tournaments-1.698080

This article was written to explain the “Poker Bounty tournaments basics” and didn’t take into account the progressive bounty format. Most likely the part “ranging between 20 to 50% of their buy-in” has to do with regular bounty tournaments, in which players win that amount directly. I will make sure someone will improve the content on the page.

Well noticed that Sam is still on the Wednesday in the schedule. He will be moved back to the Wednesday soon at some point, therefore I didn’t change it in the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the reply Robin.

When I wrote the original post I never even thought about standard bounty MTTs, I just assumed all of them are progressive anyway. I agree that the PKO version is better than the standard bounty version because it gives players the opportunity to minimum cash without actually making the final x players. I wasn't really suggesting to change that, just edit the %s for the odd one and make them 'special'. The 'MoreTBC invitational' would be a fine name for example ;)

Off topic but is Sam doing the whole of the GPL?

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Archived