Blog 2017 fun with poker

SkilfulPoker

Hey all!

Hope you're well.. a year and a bit later, and I'm back. Break did me good! 

Had first game on Unibet in a little over a year... went ok. Still completely ignoring bankroll management.  😀

Nice to see Jeppe still about! Saw Marco's last post was 4 months ago? Is Marco on holiday?!

Look forward to catching up with you all in your blogs and seeing where everyone is at. 

First session +18 euros profit... just about! Almost went busto ;)

https://youtu.be/upxctneo2ic

• 4 weeks later...

Going to have a go at building a bankroll on Unibet, playing each day for a few hours or so.
Just subscribed to Uhlen's stream so I can watch the past videos, going to have a 400nl video playing in background to help with focus.
I withdrew my money from Unibet recently so just deposited £120 (5 stacks for 25nl) and am going to 4 table.
Will deposit some more if go busto, I think I'm going to focus on cash game play for now, apart from community events, as I want to play some live in the future also, and cash games live are easier to get in and out of I think...

balance.png.3efa08dd784fb8ff9fdf6d757e75ff22.png

25nl didn't go great... Got tilted and decided to chase my 25 euro loss at sports betting

Was 200 up at one point on unibet and another site, but as usual ended up losing (lost £100)...

So with poker as always with me main issue is mental game. 

So I decided to go right back to basics,and play lowest limit on the site until I fix my mental game leaks (waterfalls). 

So I deposited £10 and am going to play 1 euro sngs.

When I have 30 buyins for next limit I'm going to move up, and if I get to 20 buyins for limit below I'm going to move down. 

Main point of this challenge is to develop a decent mental game. 

I fully expect to fail many times, and end up playing out of limit.. But with 1 euro games and a starting bankroll of 10 euros this isn't end of world, until I move up naturally due to winning at current limits, I won't play anything higher as part of plan, and I'm not going to deposit anything more than happy to buyins for 1 euro games :) 

Screenshot_20190114-222919.png.849132641b3b1229f2e187f295d12bb1.png

Went ok today. 

I played 34 husngs at 1 euro buy in level, and mental game on the whole was ok which is what I'm focussing on. 

Was out tonight, got back about an hour ago, two tabled for 10 games, but I notice my mental game deterioates when I two table, and so do my results. 

Focus of challenge is mental game, I just want to work on developing a decent mental game over the next number of months so I can eventually move up with a solid mental game. So I decided to quit for the day even though I only played 34 games today. 

Day 1: 

Mental Game Report:

Mental game was good. I noticed myself tilting a little bit but managed to control it. Tried a bit of cognitive behavioural therapy which was useful. 
Main mental game leaks: 

1) Getting annoyed when facing aggression and having to fold repeatedly. 
Thought leak: if I'm folding to aggression other player is getting upper hand. I'm being beaten when I'm folding. 
Thought correction: if you have a winning strategy you will win. You can only lose if you deviate from it. Folding is a key weapon in any poker player's arsenal. 

2) Losing a game / or a lot of chips during a game. 
Thought leak: I'm losing now. I'm getting beaten. He's beating me. 
Thought correction: Only the long term matters, individual games are meaningless. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Results

Today: 

P/L: + 6.95 euros. 
HUSNG's played: 34

This Step (step1 - 1 euro)

HUSNG's played: 34

Overall Challenge:

1 euro HUSNG's played: 34

balance.png.198451019f456ee787358aec36621a97.png

Hi guys, 

Today was hardly no volume, but a victory for mental game. 

Was tired so only played a few games, recorded a short game here:

https://youtu.be/VdJvHwkaBt8

Played another 6 sngs today but that's all, and 3 were on mobile. Looking to try to get 100 games in tomorrow. 

Gotta try to catch up on some work tomorrow too so will see how that goes... 

Mental game I'm trying to think of each game as an arcade game, and remove the ego/personal aspect from it. Helped a bit.

Screenshot_20190116-230301.png.6c1e439c38c5dc8caec22815b18ced2e.png

On mobile so will update stats properly tomorrow :) 

Gl all

Mental game challenge end day 3

Hey all, played about 50 sng's today. Lost 10 euros, so bankroll was ~ 10 euros.
It was a real struggle mentally but I managed to stay in control of play. I realised I wasn't enjoying losing (who does !)
But I haven't really been present enough in my games to figure this out when I was losing before.e

If you're a winning player at your stakes in the whole, you're getting it in good and winning (which feels 'ok' but personally I feel entitled to win if I have the best hand, although statistically this isn't how you should think), or you're gettign it in good and losing (which I find feels really horrible). Then you just repeat this process over hundreds of hours... who in their right mind would want to do this?! :)

It's dawned on me... that I don't enjoy poker grinding. I enjoy playing poker, but not trying to grind online bankrolls...
I just don't find it a very enjoyable experience!

So I'm ending this challenge now. In future I'm just going to play games that appeal to me now and again recreationally (so just deposit from surpless cash I have from my earnings, and play now and again) - and give up on the idea of building a bankroll online.

I'd rather just earn cash in more enjoyable ways, away from the table, and buy into games that take my fancy now and again.

So that's kind of the direction my blog is going to go in from now.

On balance I think the mental game challenge was a success, although the result is I realised I don't really enjoy grinding online poker xD

Join the club @SkilfulPoker, I've always found it hard grinding, long lonely hours of what quite frankly can be pretty boring sessions, so I tend to zip in and out of games as and when I feel like it. I may never grow a huge bankroll but hopefully I'll never get bored or burnt out with poker, I'm just here to enjoy it as much as I can. I can win or lose 20e in 3 minutes but either way I don't feel I have to play for 4-5 hours to make more or win it back, no pressure makes it so much more fun, no tilt issues and no neck ache. 🤣

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Archived