Good Golly Miss Trolly

Cindy_Essex

Hi all,

Why do people have aggressive/trolly names? Do any of you have them?

I just noticed how much it annoys me! I've played a guy called CRUSHyouPUNK a couple of times and I've realised that it affects my game because I think he's a ❤️♥️❤️. THEN I thought maybe it's not a silly little boy pretending to be a big strong man; maybe he (let's face it, it's a 'he') is really clever and realises that a name like that can affect people's game.

Is this a legit strat or am I over-thinking it?

@Cindy_Essex wrote:

Hi all,

I just noticed how much it annoys me! I've played a guy called CRUSHyouPUNK a couple of times and I've realised that it affects my game because I think he's a ❤️♥️❤️. THEN I thought maybe it's not a silly little boy pretending to be a big strong man; maybe he (let's face it, it's a 'he') is really clever and realises that a name like that can affect people's game.

Then he did well to choose alias if it annoys you and you don´play so well :D

But i think it is about beating/crushing you in poker, not in sence that he is big strong man about to kick everyones behind.

I think it can work if the player has an annoying playing style @Cindy_Essex. If it is a freeroll it can influence my playing but not if I'm seriously try to get to the final table.

And in cash games I very picky with the company, I switch tables until I feel ok.

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

@Cindy_Essex wrote:

Hi all,

Not just his name that's annoying. Already lucked out a number of times against me this morning...

Archived