Player feedback

DavidP_Unibet

@DaVitsche wrote:

@StartlingGrope wrote:

One more thing. Being able to have balance shown as £ rather than € would be rather lovely.

In before "I lost £3 overnight on my account, where did it go?"

Unibet lobby is how I keep track of how the £ moves against the € at the minute. It's generally been on a downward trajectory for about a year now. I can't imagine why.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Thanks to all of you for the feedback, it helped to shape our discussions this week. We've redefined our product vision (a fluffy term but it's actually very useful at times like this). When we started out three years ago the aim was to create a level playing field and an environment where new players were encouraged to stick with the game. I feel that we've achieved that and had a positive effect on the wider industry, for which we should all be proud (including the players who have helped us build this along the way). Now we need to reach for the next level, which is to establish ourselves as one of the larger poker operators. As such, the new vision is to grow the game of poker, with our players, by providing a fair and fun playing experience while staying true to the game. It's a step up in ambition and helps to lay out the road ahead of us.

I can't share exactly what's on the roadmap at this stage but I'll address each piece of feedback below. Have to split this into two posts because somehow I've exceeded 20,00 characters :o

@MoreTBC

Allow users to pick background for replayer - I'd like us to keep one easily recognisable background for the replayer (not necessarily the one we use right now) for reasons relating to the next piece of feedback.

An online hand replayer - This is something we're aiming for and when it comes it's important that players who see it on social media can easily recognise it.

The MTT lobby - There are going to be improvements here, hopefully in time for an MTT schedule overhaul in October.

I'd like to see the MTT thread resurrected on 2+2 or one started here with regards to ongoing schedule changes/ideas - Agreed, it's something we'll work on. @Robin-Unibet has done a great job with the MTT schedule but we'll hopefully create a new role just to deal with MTTs as Robin has a lot else on his plate in his day to day job.

Some sort of organised activity for a Sunday at UK tour stops - Agreed and I'm slightly ashamed that I had planned to do this and didn't fully implement it. We'll do better in this department and I love the idea of name badges for everyone.

@Onemorebeerpls

5-Card Omaha - Big O was one of the possible new gametypes discussed this week and I'd personally see it as a positive addition. However, we need to make sure that we don't add empty new games to the lobby and as such need to undertake some real research and plan so that any new additions are popular from the start.

Introduce a promotion "discount of the month" and offer a particular Bonus Shop item for a reduced price each month - This is a bigger piece of development work than it sounds but is something we'd all like to add. Consider it a future addition but not necessarily an immediate one.

Improve the web client in a way that you can open tables in separate windows for better multitabling - Mobile improvements are going to be given a higher priority than the web client in the short term but this is something we'll investigate with the devs. It may be that it's not a huge piece of work and as such could be added in a future release alongside bigger changes.

Increase general ticket duration - The problem with longer ticket duration is mainly a matter of how it's reported by Finance. We're looking at some solutions to handle ticket duration and admin around exchange but the bigger issue at the moment is bonus point duration. Bonus points have a 90 day rolling expiry and as such cause Finance a real headache as it looks like we've spent a huge amount at the point when tickets are credited (bonus points only really have a cost at the point they are used, not when credited by us).

@Sect7G

MTT schedule/lobby needs some work - Agreed, this will be the first major change on the roadmap. The aim is for a new MTT schedule and lobby improvements in October.

The stress of a SNG is much higher than a cash table - I've condensed your SNG feedback into one line as I think it sums it up quite well. 6 players games are not on the horizon and the main reason is mobile poker. It's becoming an ever-increasing factor in online poker and the lifeblood of the future growth of the game in general. SNGs are our most popular game on mobile and slowing the format ultimately leads to a worse experience for mobile players. However, the SNG experience in general is not ideal and is being looked at.

The UO 50euro/250euro structures are absolutely perfect - There are no plans to change these structures so that's good to hear.

I wouldn't even think about adding any new gametypes atm - That's also the general consensus here for the reasons stated in my reply to the feedback above. We're not big enough to add a new gametype atm and we'll only do it when we anticipate growth in traffic.

Rake and rakeback levels for all gametypes should be constantly monitored - We're actively looking into rake and rewards at certain stake levels as I believe we are actually impeding players moving up at certain levels (see next comment).

Tbh, I'd increase rake at 4nl to 2% - I can categorically rule out an increase at NL4 but NL25 and NL50 are actually the levels I'm most concerned about and I foresee us making changes there, depending on what comes out of the investigation we're currently undertaking.

I'd put the Double Trouble/Super DT to Saturday for maximum participation (or add one on Saturday) - Rewarding players who have a losing week/month is high on the agenda. Adding another DT is one solution but a number of others are being looked at.

@TboneMok

Option to "show the bluff" - We're going to be making a number of changes to add excitement to the game in general. I'm undecided on this particular suggestion as perceived trolling is a tricky one but there will be a number of positive additions over the next 6 months. That project will be ongoing as it's something we can aim to add to with each release.

@ChapInAChair

I'd like to see tourney schedules better spread by stake - I think there's general agreement that the MTT schedule needs an overhaul.  As mentioned in my other replies, it's coming :)

I'd also like to see more live satties available - The DSO qualifiers have been really popular and kudos again to @Robin-Unibet for reacting quickly to demand for those. The Belgian Championship is tricky because of country limitations but in general this will be an area of focus. Qualifying for live events is a nice thing to aim for and it's something we should encourage.

Being able to have balance shown as £ rather than € would be rather lovely - This is probably not going to happen just because the way the Unibet wallet works. Some players may find it strange that their balance in the poker client doesn't correspond to the currency (€) games are played in.

Finally, cake for everybody

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@MathrimC

Ability to buy packages to live tournaments with bonus points - It might be a tricky one as players currently receive a UO package through Challenges and could negatively impact qualifier traffic. However, it's something we'll discuss further as it's a good idea in principle.

Ability to buy a Unibet chipset and cards with bonus points - This has always been a difficult one because of the logistics involved. However, it's also something I think is important in principle so we'll keep working on a solution.

The ability to break up a sattelite ticket in the client - Again a tricky one (damn you MathrimC!) because it can negatively impact traffic in qualifier tournaments. It's something we discussed at length and still can't agree on so it's on the shelf for now I'm afraid.

The ability to link a Unibet account to a twitch account - Twitch integration is a really important one for me and something we're going to be working on. You're unlikely to see an immediate improvement here but in the long term it's high on the priority list as we investigate the best and most fun ways to do it.

Table merging for cashgames - Ok you really are making life difficult for me now :) It's definitely an issue and something else we discussed at length, we're looking at a number of solutions but it might not be an immediate improvement.

A personalized volume, stakes or challenge points mission - This is the future and something we'll be working on. I like all of your suggestions but they're things you're more likely to see in the longer term.

@comanimal

I want me some of that speed poker, my good sir - I need to be careful what I say as I don't want to give away too much info in a public area (competitors may visit here) but you touch on an important subject. The experience in cash games in general needs to be improved and is high on the priority list.

@WuDu

Add more step-it-ups - The MTT schedule will definitely be overhauled in October but the details are still be decided. Your suggestion is logical though and I think an overhaul will give us a chance to make the general timings and placings of each MTT make more sense.

Add more qualifiers for the Saturday Stack - We may add some more qualifiers in the short term to improve this but again, with the changes in October it might become irrelevant.

Add a UO online series - Agreed, we are sorely missing an online series. The overhaul of the MTT schedule is going to be a really fun project to work on in general because we can go back to a blank canvas and aim to do some things which haven't been done before and we'll be looking to involve players as much as possible in the creation of that.

@Rushbie

Hotkeys/speedkeys - The original thinking behind this omission was down to the ecology and of course that argument still holds huge weight. On the other side of the argument is prevention of things like carpal tunnel which is also very vaild, plus the fact that some players really like this feature. It's something which is going to be discussed further so I can't really promise anything either way.

@Check_Norris

Speed poker - As mentioned above, cash games in general are missing something and speed poker will be part of that wider discussion.

Option run it twice - The same reply as I gave for speed poker really. I'm not a huge fan of 'run it twice' because we don't want to add more complexity to the client but we do want to add more excitement and fun to some of the games and a hybrid of a number of features may be the end result. At this point it's too early to say.

Double or nothing - I can probably rule these out categorically. They were never good for the ecology on sites which ran them and led to collusion issues. However, when trying to improve a gametype or dream up a new one, ideas like this can end up featuring in some sort of hybrid form.

Unibet clothes in the bonus shop - A popular demand and as mentioned in a previous reply, something that we need to work out logistically but which I would like us to add at some point.

To make the points challenge on 1 month and not on 3 - Challenges in general are going to be looked at. It was a great loyalty system when we set out on this project but it may be that we need to make some adjustments now.

Change background by clicking on the table - We're looking into how much of a difficult change this is for the developers but it's something we agree on here too. If you look at Twitch then you often see the default background and that's probably a symptom of us making it so difficult to change background in the first place. We have a really nice looking client so we shoudl try to show it off more!

@PaziHalinka

I think the challange system for SNGs should be changed - Agreed and we're also lacking in promotion here as you mentioned. This is something which is on the roadmap.

@MetalWolf

A shop that I can exchange bonus points in - As mentioned above, we're going to try to find a way to make this work.

Omaha hi lo tournaments - Implementing a gametype we don't currently offer is a bigger piece of work than it sounds and this one in particular probably isn't going to happen for a while. I personally like playing hi/lo but even if you look at bigger sites it's a game which isn't exactly thriving. In a couple of years when we're huge maybe we can find a way to promote this game more.

Avatar facial expressions or emoticon gestures - This was on the original roadmap before the site launched but had to be scrapped because of dev time considerations. I'm personally a big advocate but it'll probably be a while before we see development in this area to that degree (some small additions in the short/medium term would be nice though).

@Chesas

Would be great to see something new on sng side - As mentioned above, the reward system for SNGs is going to be looked at and improvements to the format in general are high on the list for us because of the popularity on mobile.

@polarbear

The sng section is good as it is but needs to be changed the challenge system - as above, it's a high priority for us.

Please act with this as soon as possible. Dismiss all the promotion team or whoever had the idea with no deposit bonus - Although this isn't the thread for it, thanks for the report and I've passed it on to fraud team. Issues like this are a huge threat to the future of online poker in general and something we're going to put more resources into. I've also asked for that entire team to be fired, however it means that there'll be no new player acquisition for the foreseeable future.

@psrquack

A button which shows if an ambassador is streaming - Twitch integration in general is high on the list but might be a longer term project with small improvements over time.

A railing opportunity of the Unibet ambassadors - Can you go into more detail for exactly what you'd like to see here?

Unlimited monthly missions opportunity - The monthly missions often cost more than the rake they provide (hint, everyone shoudl complete the missions) so we can't make them unlimited in their current form. However, a longer form of mission which encourages play over the entire month is certainly a good idea and something on the agenda.

If the reward is 200 points you can choose a €2 SNG/MTT/Banzai ticket instead of the points - Definitely a good idea in principle and something we'll explore over time. It's important that something like this doesn't add more complexity to the client - one of our priorities is keeping things simple and not accidentally ending up with a cluttered client.

More sng challenges - As mentioned above, we might have been guilty of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with SNG Challenges. It's something we're looking at.

Add a special endurance challenge reward for those who finish all the missions for a year - An interesting idea and a principle I agree with. Currently longer term rewards come from building up bonus points over time but a site should also reward players players who are loyal over a long period but don't have the means to generate large amounts of bonus points.

Bars with Double Trouble/Super Double Trouble standings - This is something we've discussed at length in the past and which we've never found a good solution for. We're looking at other ways to compensate players who go through losing runs so it may be that Double Trouble doesn't see this addition but that a new reward mechanism achieves this particular goal.

Bars with the personalised challenge standings - A way to see personal progression and to set challenges for yourself is something I feel strongly about and which we'll be improving.

Add Friends opportunity - This is a feature which has been abused in the past but which we could perhaps find workarounds for. Adding friends mutually on the community site who you can then follow/join in tournaments might be one workaround but is something we'll have to investigate further.

Add an "I don't know what to play" options in where customer type an amount and the system randomly register him - I'm not a fan of this in general but we certainly can do a better job of educating players who are new to the client and who might not be familiar with each game and where to find them.

Add a stop loss function - I like the idea in principle and it's something we'll discuss a bit more. An automatic stop loss can't be put into practice because a player should pre-determine what they are happy to spend - what seems like a large amount of money to me might be peanuts to someone else.

Add the 'I want to distribute my rebuy' option - I don't quite understand this suggestion fully. Currently a player can choose in real time whether or not to add chips in any given situation, this sounds like it would add mroe complexity for not much benefit.

Add duels or mini leagues options in where a friends can challenge each other - I like the idea and things like this will be worked on (most likely in the longer term). The community leagues are great and we've built a nice community here but we'll aim to give you more options to challenge and compete against each other.

@FreedoM

I'd like some zoom, snap, rush, etc - As mentioned above, there'll be a wider project to add more excitement to cash games but I can't say for say what part fast poker will play.

@Boby

Change the challange points - As mentioned above, the loyalty program is being looked at with a view to some changes.

@startelver

More deepstack tournaments is what I'm looking for - Again as mentioned above, MTT schedule overhaul is in the works.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@BundleFjoy wrote:

I would realy like the mtt lobby to show more lines when i expand the size of the window.

Now when i do that it just expands the size of the info also, instead of showing more info lines.

Are you talking about the quick lobby of the full schedule lobby? There will be some interface improvements to the full schedule lobby in order to make it easier to navigate and the quick lobby is something which might require a larger overhaul.

― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

Thank you for the answer.

"A railing opportunity of the Unibet ambassadors - Can you go into more detail for exactly what you'd like to see here?"

A little banner with all the ambassafor names and a little green button if she/he is online and a specification what she/he is currently playing/registered to and a quick link if you want to join to the sng/mtt.

"Add the 'I want to distribute my rebuy' option - I don't quite understand this suggestion fully. Currently a player can choose in real time whether or not to add chips in any given situation, this sounds like it would add mroe complexity for not much benefit."

I want a little gamble nothing more. If a player decides that he would like to use the rebuy option then let him allow using them not only in regular situation but in some memorable moments. For example player feels that he always lost with KK then let him allow a rebuy if he wins one of that situations.

@DavidP_Unibet

I want to thank you for taking the time and replying to each and every suggestion, so every player here knows that his opinion at least has been heard and recognized. That's one of the reasons I play here.

If you decide to move on from your niche-strategy and want to become more mainstream, I hope you don't forget to not ditch the features that make this poker room so fun to play at: Multiple aliases, new avatars/backgrounds, no table selection, player friendly satellite systems for the different main events, and so on...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

At the freerolls there are lots of players who only register and not play. I think so, if anybody not play more times (3-5 times) in row should block his/her account for a short time.

I know this would rather be a remote-future project and prolly hard to realise, but it would be an innovation imho and i would just love it:

To kick up the popularity/awareness of the ambassador/twitch merchandise branch: 

- A monthly MTT called sth like ''The Ambassador Arena'' 

-ticket for the MTT would come from completing challenge/s (maybe instead of these shiddy freerolls :P )

- a turboish format where players compete for a spot at a final table where they meet up with the ambassdors: e.g. 6 players reach the FT where they meet up with 3 ambassadors and play a 9-handed table. Stacks are 'transported' to the FT where the blinds are lowered opposed to the end stage of the qualification-MTT (so its not just PoF but room to maneuver). Ambassadors start with the avg. stack. 

-the final table is streamed cards-up with a delay and regularly switches from the entire table overview to sequences from the ambassdors POV (with individual commentary).

- to keep railbirds happy there could be votings (does twitch have this feature?) towards the end to award things like: Best Bluff / Most Bad Luck / Best fold, where they can win tickets if they take part & follow the channel + the most voted player in each subject gets an extra prize

- to add some twist: All FT players get an extra prize if ANY qualifiers wins  = Ambassadors where beaten 

or is this to fancy? :laugh:

I certainly agree with Mtt schedule needing  worked on.Also more Sunday higher buy in tourneys and some 10 and 20 euro ones as serious lack of on the day most people have poker time .How about allowing players to use other tickets excluding uk tour as seperate prize pool to get into the sunday entitled instead of making it sunday reg fest tourney which it is at moment .Say i have 40 euros worth of sitn go tickets or cash tickets or whatever and put them together to swap in bonus shop for sunday entitled ticket  direct ? Also like mathrims idea about ticket split being in bonus shop to .thanks

I was talking about  the full schedule lobby.

So it is nice to hear that you already want to make changes.

I noticed today that on my tablet the full schedule lobby seems to contain more info lines

which is what i would like to see in the pc client.

Ultimately my wish would be to be able to pull the window fullscreen en have like 30-40 lines of 

tournaments available.

If I'm not mistaken this is a visual bug, because he busted in 7'th it shows him as if he won 7'th place money, but once the real 7'th place busts the prizes rearange themselves properly. But it is quite misleading and all could be solved if only the place of the people busted would always increment by one if someone else registers after they bust.

I've had this bug a few days ago and got paid in the weird position that appears to not be paid in the screenshot.

Archived