Feedback on new Community League

BonusPater

Hey everyone

We're going to promote the next community league a bit more, and we'll also add more value to it. There'll be a banner in the client, and we might add a promotion page on the site as well.

Well, the next league will have two leaderboards; the usual monthly one and one for July-September. There'll be the usual 2k in added value, and we might increase the GTD's a little, as we expect more players. In addition to this, we'll also add a Unibet Open package for Bucharest. The package will go to the winner of the July-September leaderboard. We haven't decided on the points structure or tournament formats, so we'd like your feedback on this! I don't think we're going to change that much, and the points structure will probably stay the exact same (for the July-September leaderboard I think we'll look at the 9 best results for all three months).

A few examples of things we'd like your feedback on:

1. What buyins would you like? Is it fine with just the € 4 ones or do you like the added € 10 ones? Should we even consider a lower or higher buyin?
  2. What do you think of the current mix of NLHE, PLO and NLHE turbo?
  3. What days do you think are best for the tournaments, and how many should there be each week/month?
  4. Do you like the one week break we have each month?
  5. How can we make the league more exciting/better? :)

Looking forward to read your feedback :)

I haven´t played because usually can´t play that times, some of the tournaments could start couple hours earlier. Also i think 5 would be enough to get in to prices in leaderboard, 20€ for the tenth place doesn´t give me the inspiration.

1. IMO € 4 and € 10; also I wouldn't want higher buyins...
  2. Even tho some members complained that many are playing "bingo" at PLO, for me it was really fun to play the PLO tournaments and I like the mix of NLHE and NLHE turbo too 
  3. I would like 3 tournaments/ week on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
  4. The break at the beginning of the month is ok but I would prefer to play if possible...
  5. I liked the CL we had those couple of months and the format is ok, so I wouldn't look for many improvements... keep up the great work guys 👍
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

Also meant say  that you have these daily freerolls so you could replace some of the prices there to CL tickets if you are looking to increase participants. And maybe they will get excited enough to get in to community too :)

@Livertool wrote:

Also meant say  that you have these daily freerolls so you could replace some of the prices there to CL tickets if you are looking to increase participants. And maybe they will get excited enough to get in to community too :)

This feedbak  i liked

I criticize what I don't like"!!!

What % of the field are actually community members? 

The thing that annoys me most about the league is sitting at a table with people I don't recognise or looking through the player list and just seeing a whole load of randoms. I'm assuming you don't need to be registered to read the league post so basically anyone can play in the tournament by looking at it. If either you could only allow registration to community members (can't imagine the forum and client are linked in that way) or make the password only readable if you sign up for community and make a post/24 hour wait period then it would make it more community and less league.

I hear you dutchies, I hear you! If you're in the community you should have no trouble finding someone to send you the password :)

What buyins would you like? Is it fine with just the € 4 ones or do you like the added € 10 ones? Should we even consider a lower or higher buyin?

€4 seems like a good price point to allow as many players as possible play. You could argue for 2 or 1 for better inclusion as the individual prize pools are not really the goal, it's the end of league prizes that are.€10 just seems to price out too many people.

What do you think of the current mix of NLHE, PLO and NLHE turbo?

I've only actually played a few but they all tend to feel pretty turbo. I'd like to see bigger starting stacks but I'm old and a purist :)

What days do you think are best for the tournaments, and how many should there be each week/month?

Anything other than Fri/Sat. Partially because I'm biased and thats the days I miss the most and partially because it's when people are more likely to be doing things. 2 a week seems fine IMO.

Do you like the one week break we have each month?

Didn't even know there was one :) Don't really see a point in it other than to make sure the leagues start in the first week of the month. Nobody needs a week off button clicking :)

How can we make the league more exciting/better?

Flashlights and explosions. 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC wrote:

What % of the field are actually community members?  

Between 90% and 96% in the last many tournaments - has improved a lot the last two months. This month the highest number of non-members in a tournament has been 4. Not everyone is posting though, which explains why you won't recognize all the names :)

1. What buyins would you like? Is it fine with just the € 4 ones or do you like the added € 10 ones? Should we even consider a lower or higher buyin?
  2. What do you think of the current mix of NLHE, PLO and NLHE turbo?
  3. What days do you think are best for the tournaments, and how many should there be each week/month?
  4. Do you like the one week break we have each month?
  5. How can we make the league more exciting/better?

1. 4euro with only one re-entry, 

2. I repeat, I don't like the turbos , it's more bingo  and for that I will go play bingo. I accept this, but I really want a week with deepstack( 7000chips 12 minutes blind ).All the tournaments are almost turbos and omaha is bingo forever.

3. 3 per week is fine, 

4. NO break for me

5. tournaments for everyone, means, of course, real deepstack , and some bounty tournaments

@MoreTBC wrote:

I should have said active members and not hit and run registrants :)

But if you look at the leaderboard, don't you recoqnize most? :)

DS242, CAPONEMO, NMPfan, ragequitnow, Remk_95 (Twitch), f1v3h34d, DK32, Noud79 (Twitch), peterson39, startelver, Psycho79, Iceman, Michaelco, Ja-z-Polszy, KrustyTheClown, Rotmo, KostenBerg, nightshopper, Nielu, AlexandraIoana, GamesDean, HAI_ROMANIA, coconuts, Predyshor, I_love_to_win, DeGuigs, BSPS, whereisrivaldo, jel, chester110, tableNOpopZZ, DelProc, Le_Ena, HeroNakamura, Markopolo, gagarin142, ryf1981, Tillus, striker, HensiePensie (Twitch), girarra, AndreiBN, MetalWolf, aalwer, reluni, d-Bergie, BillyR23, Rickzaah, kalinichxxl, PlayNwitD, skinnyhappy, AlexandruDobrin, BundleFjoy, MS13ZEN, Greg, minhka, BroederTuck, AbsOfSeal, Pinchuksson, RushB, S_Hal, SMG, vaisto, WoodyWoodpecker, ZeniRoe

By promoting the league more, and adding more value, this certainly won't be better, but consider it as an investment in the future of the community :) I think it's impossible to have a league where you only play against familiar faces, unless we set a likes requirement or something similar, and that's not going to happen, even though it's of course a lot more fun :) the weekly rewards freerolls are great for this

Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to usernames :) I recognize 25 out of the top 50 and 3 of them are the Twitch guys. I agree it's a tough balance between a free for all and a home game, just think it could be made slightly harder for people to play the tournaments if they're not contributing to the community that's all :)

@MoreTBC wrote:

Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to usernames :) I recognize 25 out of the top 50 and 3 of them are the Twitch guys. I agree it's a tough balance between a free for all and a home game, just think it could be made slightly harder for people to play the tournaments if they're not contributing to the community that's all :)

Maybe give 5 points for a "hello" post in the league thread per game.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

although I havent managed to play yet I really like the idea of a community leauge. I think 10 euro turbo reentries are fun, maybe even a once a month 'high stakes game' at either 25 and 50 euros. Since only your top 3 points are included this wont exclude lower stakes players. You can run the higher stakes game at the same time as a 4 euro event perhaps so everyone can play something.

1. €4 is just fine – that way everyone interested can participate. However, I don’t mind having some €10 ones or even one €25 but that’s just me.
2. I like NLHE the most but I’m okay with having different variants. I would like to have real deepstack events though so you can actually reach the ante without shallow stacks. Playing with ante is really interesting but with shallow stacks only it’s mainly push/fold or raise/fold. You could also chance the structure for some of the events in a way that we start with an ante right away.
3. I don’t care what day it is but you should probably go for some mix like Monday/Wednesday one week, then Tuesday/Thursday the next one. Additionally, it’s probably smart to have some community events on Sunday and obviously as many as possible.
4. I didn’t notice until now because I skip some weeks anyway if I don’t feel like playing tournaments.
5. I have to think about this one. 😏

can I make a couple of three suggestions.

1. Should be a league game every night at a certain time - say 8pm mon-fri and 6pm Sat and Sun - No need for a weeks break.  I work most evening but could get in 2 a week that way - very hard to get to any league games at the moment must be others in same boat.

2.- a weekly theme say NL 6 max/PLO Deep + Steep/NL Deep Stacked/NL Triple Chance/PLO rebuy/Big Ante/Turbo   

3.  £4 entry mon-thurs  Fri-sat - £10  and "final high roller"on Sunday evenings  for £25  which could create some mini leagues within the league...

I would prefer a mix between €2 and €4 buy-ins so players with lower bankrolls can join the league.   And then finish it with a final €10 buy-in.   Especially if you want to keep the re-entry format , a lower buy-in can make us rebuy more times I guess. 

@pirahn, will send you the link, as soon as we've posted more info about the new league - should be early next week :)

@xeeleeqax, by having a league game every day, I believe we exclude too many members, as that many games would also mean we'd need to look at the best 6-12 results each month, and not all members can play this many tournaments a month. We could limit the number of tournaments you can play a month, but then we'll end up with fewer players in each tournament = smaller GTD's.

One thing I'm considering adding is a freeroll with a GTD equal to the total number of entries throughout the 3 months (should be at least € 1000). Everyone playing one or more tournaments would be invited to this one. Not sure about this though, as there's already so much added value, and this little extra thing probably won't make much of a difference.

Keep the feedback coming! Will sit down with Jeppe early next week to discuss the league.

1. €4 buy in is fine for me. But I think it's cool to add a few €10 ones.

For me personally a lower buy in than €4 is not interesting, because the prizepool would be so low.

2. I like both NL and PLO but in PLO the variance is way bigger especially in mtt's where stacks get pretty shallow quickly. I'd like to have like 70/30 % mix NL/PLO.

Not a big fan of turbo events, but it's not a major concern to me.

3. I think 2 events/week is just fine. I think 8pm CET is best time to start.

Have a slight preference for weekdays. Monday and Wednesday would be ideal for me.

4. No real opinion about the one week break. I don't mind it, but I also don't really need it...

5. Maybe it would be fun to see some more participation in the league from the ambassadors.

I know DaVitsche played a few events, but I don't think the others have?

Offcourse having a bounty on their heads would make it even more interesting.

Bottomline is I already like the CL as it is now! :)

The addition of the 3 month ranking with the UO package for first is obviously also a great prize!

Keep it up 👍

what about if you just scored the points on results and not volume of entries. So a player who enters 5 a week but only cashes twice in a month doesnt end up scoring more than someone who enters 4 in a month but also cashes twice.  True a player could come in fluke a win and never play again but if points are updated weekly and accumalitve then  the flukes will filter down and the dedicated grinders of league with good average results should be at the top.  There must be a way of having that on a table so results add up automatically, maybe even a application within poker software or app written for it. I dunno i assume these things are easy but im a chef by trade lol 

Monday is a good day for league games i think most people can do Mondays at 8 - i still reckon you should run every night but a change for at least one game to monday is better for me at least. Love the freeroll idea - hope its scheduled for a night off but if not i will catch it next time. Think i have only played 1 league game so far - maybe next week.... More Omaha pls....

First of all i would like to say i really like the Community Leaugue.

I find myselve unable to participate often. Which is a pity.

So i would like to see tournaments on different days from week to week.

About the buyins 2 - 4 and a one of 10 is what i prefer.

if promoting the league leads to higher GTD and thus an increased number of entrants, it might be reasonable to lower the barrier for receiving points (for example 31st-40th receive 4 points).

i see some people here are complaining about the turbo-structure of some tournaments, but i would not encourge you to remove them. I personally like that those don't require so much time to spent on a single tourney and I guess this format gives weaker players a better shot at a decent score as opposed to slow-structured ones (which should be in line with the unibet philosophy)

A leaderboard from July-Sept is quite a lengthy commitment imho. Esepcially recs prefer promos where a quick reward is possible. This point-collecting thing over such a lengthy period is probably more appealing to the guys who are playing the league already anyways. Too make it more fair i would suggest a similar scoreboard-system as in the old mtt-leagues, where only your best xy results (for example 10) count towards the league. That way its not so bad if you miss a couple of mtts due to social obligations and stuff.

Whether to include higher buyins or not? This is a kinda tough question in my opinion. Sure the Community league is also about competition, but first and foremost it should be fun. Which probably isnt the case if some players play to high considering there rolls or are simply not comfortable on a certain buyin level. However, if the buyin is too low (for example just 1€) a lot of people won't take it seriously enough anymore and just blast off early or double. That way it might be more about having the most punters on your table than playing well. 

I would suggest a thread-survey or sth to get a better picture of the max. amount people are cool with playing 1-2 mtts per month. There probably is some kind of 'invisible barrier' where increasing the buyin further would just lead to an unwanted decrease of players, giving players with bigger rolls a big edge and making the community league less successful. I'd reckon that 10€ as the highest buyin as you've put it right now seems to be a good choice, but I'm not sure. Imho it should to be an amount where  players take it seriously, are a bit annoyed if they bust OOTM but not really hurten. Increasing it further to the next 'natural' buyin 10€ -> 25€ would already mean an increase of 150% and losing 50€ instead of 20€ could just be too much gamble for some players. 

Just my 2 cents,

Tillus

1. Buyins fine imo. I loved the inclusion of 10e in the latest league. Maybe experiment with a 1e or 2e rebuy.
  2. More plo please 😛  Honestly though I'm glad to see different formats being covered. Maybe even have an ante up tournament.
  3. I think as others have mentioned fri/sat isn't great but I would attempt to play whatever the day. Sunday night should be a defo.
  4. Don't mind 😃
  5. a.I think people should have to post in a specific thread at some point during the day of the tournament to qualify for any points in that game. It is a 'community' tournament afterall and players should be encouraged to look and post on this forum.

b. Sunday could be a 'weekly main'? A 10e+ entry with sats running throughout the week. Or something similar.

Other than that I'm looking forward to it. Think the inclusion of a quarterly league is a really good idea with a great incentive at the end.

MTTs need to be named clearer in the lobby. '€xxx GTD Community league' should be fine as you can get the game type/speed/seats from the other columns. They just look like random tournaments just now in the lobby and are easy to miss.

I like 4€ buy-in with re-entry. But if agreed or not you should add at least one 10€ buy in in a league. And make it at the end of the month so no one could complain about high buy in. If u are ranked low, than you so or so don't have chance for prizes, but if you are ranked high, than u already won the prize for buy in. 

2. If this is league it needs to be mixed holdem and omaha. We need to be a little 'serious' and not only have 2€ holdem trnaments. You can play sit and go's for that or plenty of other tournaments.

And again it should be mixed normal and turbo structure. 

3. From Sunday to Thursday 4. I don't care but if - I would vote for NO

Unibet you are awesome <3

Archived