UEFA European Under-21 Championship

It starts today. Anyone that gonna watch some game and maybe place some bets?
Well, this is the wrong forum for bets but is there any players you want to see?
I hope to see Marcus Rashford (Man U) play today against Sweden, he's still only 19, but he is probably not in the starting 11.
I hope Sweden will make it to at least quarter-finals but let's see about that.

Who will win? Spain? Germany?

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

Hey guys, I just translated an article from a polish sports homepage. You can find the original article here.

Five facts what you should know about the tournament

The Under 21 championship starts today. What do you have to know about it?

1, Why the 23 years old players are able to play the tourney?

They called that tourney under-21 championship but in fact 23 years old players can participate too. Are you serious?  UEFA checks players age at the beginning of the qualifier series not the start of the main phase. That's the reason why player who was born after 1994 can play this tourney. This is a unique practice because at U19 and U17 tourneys the players are 19 and 17 years old.

2, Where will be the semi finals played?

UEFA have not made a decision yet which semi final will be in Tychy and which in Kraków. It depends on the participants. The plan is that the home team (Poland) will play the semi final in the Kraków Arena but it depends on its performance and it's not a fact yet. If a strong and media capable team will reach the semi finals ( for example Spain or Italy) then they will get the advantage to that Stadium. The only information is that the first semi final (Tychy) will start at 18.00 and the second three hours later (Kraków). The final will be hosted by the Kraków Arena too.

3, Why will the polish squad miss Milik and Zieliński?

The termin of the tournament is not matching with the official FIFA gamedays so Napoli boss refused Milik's and Zieliński's play. Due to this reason will miss the serb Sergej Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio (the brother from Vanja Milinkovic-Savic who was the former goalkeeper of Lechia Gdansk and will play for Torino form the first of July) and the slovak Ondrej Duda (Hertha BSC) the tournament too.

4, Where are the most players come from?

England (36) Italy (33) and Germany(31) are the first 3 leagues on the list. The polish Extraklasa with 18 players can reach the sixth position. It could be higher but the attacking mitfielder Patryk Lipski broke his contract with Ruch Chorzów this May so he is the only free agent in the pool.

5, Who will host the next event in 2019?

Italy and San Marino will organize the next event but only the italians have the free card to the tournament. The co-host country's players must play an also ongoing (since March) qualifier series. The polish team will start the qualifiers later with the group phase(the opponents are (Danmark, Finland, Georgia, Lithuania and Faroe Islands). The nine group winners and the two play off winners will win a seat to the tourney.(really sorry guys:Tongue:) Poland will play in Georgia at the first of September. Marcin Dorna can rely on the majority of his current team (the in 1996 borners and youngers).

Thanks, @psrquack. Some good info there. 23 year olds? Thanks cheating! 😃
I checked out some if the squads, and it seems some good players are missing. I guess their club teams want them to rest before the season (re)starts.

you can check the squads here, on the official site:

http://www.uefa.com/under21/season=2017/teams/index.html

-Eldridge Cleaver

@PokerAndBetting wrote:

It starts today. Anyone that gonna watch some game and maybe place some bets?

Well, this is the wrong forum for bets but is there any players you want to see?

I hope to see Marcus Rashford (Man U) play today against Sweden, he's still only 19, but he is probably not in the starting 11.

I hope Sweden will make it to at least quarter-finals but let's see about that.

Who will win? Spain? Germany?

BOO, SWEDEN :puking:

Njaah, just kidding 👼 and jealous that Finland didn´t make it.... maybe next time, NOT.

Germany had really strong qualification so i think i would/will put my money on them.

Anyways, good luck to all whos country made it to cup :)

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Spain's gonna take it, but you never know.

Germany didn't impress anyone in the last game but if they play their best they can beat anyone, just as Spain.
But having England against Italy in the final isn't impossible either.

-Eldridge Cleaver

No suprises, It's Germany vs Spain in the final.
Germany hasn't won over Spain in U21 since forever but it's a different team every time so that statistic isn't very reliable.

I think it will be a draw at full time and then we'll see what happens.

-Eldridge Cleaver

Archived