UK General Election - where's the value?

BonusPater

I've had a quick look at the odds for the general election, and think there're a few bets with decent value. Even though I'd probably vote for them myself, if I could, I'm going to put a bit on under 11.5 seats to the Liberal Democrats at odds 1.85. Pretty much all other bookmakers offer odds 1.83 on under 10.5. Will have a closer look later today and probably post a few more bets.

@WuDu spotted anything worth a few pennies? Assume you've got some on a seat to UKIP? ;)

@testuser1

Can't barrage the Farage! 🆒

I have to disappoint you here, I checked the odds, but I saw no real outstanding value and the Brits are people I cannot really read that well. Same goes for the French, but I placed a tiny bet on LePen/Macaroni to finish in the top2, because of the high odds (1,75).

May is looking horrible since the London bridge attack, Labour is just 🤣 and for smaller parties I think you really need knowledge to make good choices, so I stay away from this freak show...

But there's hope, I've already prepared my Excel sheet for the German elections in September. Once summer is over, I'll be posting some bets if I find value

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Le Pen is one of the dumbest politicians in history. Surprised shes not married to Trump.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@Magicadil wrote:

Le Pen is one of the dumbest politicians in history. Surprised shes not married to Trump.

9a75f9b2a00bae818719078042f258a7

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@WuDu looking forward to see your predictions for the German election :)

@testuser1

Did you finally place some bets now? For pure entertainment, I'm gonna turn into the Communist News Network tonight to see them melt down after the Comey hearing and check the election results in Britain.

German elections will be tricky! In my opinion, finding value will depend a lot on what kind of bets Unibet (hopefully) is about to offer and to time the bets perfectly to get the best odds. E.g. LePen/Macaroni to finish in the top-2 fluctuated between 2,15 and 1,45 over the last few days before the election in France, that's a huge difference in estimated value! I think we could see something similar with the smaller parties (AFD, Liberals, Greens, Left) later this year...

314 seats for the conservatives? 14 for LD?

Just LOL if that turns out to be true, especially after that idiot Cameron shot himself in the foot with the Brexit and now she did the same.

@WuDu, no, didn't place further bets. The bets I found to be interesting turned out to be less so, after some proper analysis :)

As it looks right now, I'd have ended up with a small loss, had I placed all the (6) bets I initially thought had some value, so not a bad thing :)

I don't know what her sacking her special advisers reminds me more of, Yes Prime Minister, or House of Cards.
But yeah great person to lead the country, calls an election because they need a bigger majority, gets a lesser majority, has to form yet another coalition to water down their government even more and is still in power... At least Cameron stepped down when he lost. Just couldn't write this stuff.

Archived