The best there ever was, the best there is......

Cindy_Essex

Hi all.

From the bottom of my heart,  Unibet is the best poker site.

That is my honest opinion. It has great games, great tournaments including loads of freerolls, nice streamers, looks nice, even sounds nice, the mission are AMAZING (as in they are achieveable and give good rewards - a rare thing in online poker I've found), the staff are helpful and the community is jam-packed with witty, good-looking people. 😀

Howeeeeever. I do have one grumble. That is the you can't choose your table in a cash game. This is bad bcs you may be placed at a table where one or more players have 4x the buy-in (or more) and it's difficult to play in that situation. My solution is that I open multiple tables until I'm sat at one I like, then close the others. Perhaps even it's a button I'm missing or something but wouldn't it be better to choose from a list?

Thanks for the super-fun, well made and well looked after site guys.

CE X

The reason you can't choose your table from a list is so that regular players cannot pick tables that are full of new/recreational players and pick on them. What you are doing at the moment is the only way to do 'table selection' and I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon. 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@MoreTBC wrote:

The reason you can't choose your table from a list is so that regular players cannot pick tables that are full of new/recreational players and pick on them. What you are doing at the moment is the only way to do 'table selection' and I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon. 

If not regular players can, WHO can?

Problem is, there are regs on 2,3,4 tables. Maybe more. The reason I want to choose tables is so I can avoid people who are good enough to play loads of tables at once. They are better than me at poker no doubt. Plus, crutially, they can push people around cos of their massive stacks and presumably massive bankroll. It's hard to get a table where there isn't some dude who's much better and poker wealthier than me. 

It's actually good for you if everyone has deep stacks on your table, since it means you can get a full double up if they "spew" against you. It's worse to be surrounded by short-stacks, since you have a smaller edge against them. #Maths

I'm not sure I understand that Arty. If there are really good players or just players that are better than me (which almost everyone in the world including people who have never played poker before and people who live in remote tribes that have never seen or used a deck of cards) then they can 3-bet my 3-bets so I can't see a flop or c-bet without going all(or most)-in. I mean obviously great if I've got aces but.....

#errr

#youwhat

@Cindy_Essex wrote:

I'm not sure I understand that Arty. If there are really good players or just players that are better than me (which almost everyone in the world including people who have never played poker before and people who live in remote tribes that have never seen or used a deck of cards) then they can 3-bet my 3-bets so I can't see a flop or c-bet without going all(or most)-in. I mean obviously great if I've got aces but.....

I'll use an extreme example to illustrate.

Imagine there are three players on a table. Two with $100 and you with $10. You're looking for spots to get your money in good, and you'll generally be playing fairly tight. The other players might want to play loosely against each other, but you being there means they run the risk of being shoved on. One of them could open with 76s, but if you jam AT, they either have to fold (so you win their open and the blinds), or they call with the worst hand and you get a double up pretty often.

If they are better players than you, then it's even better for you that you're not deepstacked, because if you have the same $100 stack, then you'll be able to play more streets of poker, but their skill edge means you lose more often and you'll lose BIG instead of small.

Deep stack cash games are "bad" for beginners, because the skill advantage/disadvantage is more pronounced when deep. If you play Banzai, by contrast, everyone starts with 10bb. It's hard to make a big mistake with 10bb, because you usually just go all in or fold and you're usually racing/flipping. (And this means that even newbies can have a lucky streak). When I play Banzai, it's often the players with the big stacks that seem to make the biggest mistakes. Instead of recognising that the effective stack size is the smallest, they seem to think "I have a big stack, so I can spew with it."

You should honestly just ignore the size of the bigger stacks. Just stick with your own game and don't get intimidated. If you have 10bb or 40bb, 50bb or 100bb, there is a correct way to play it. In a cash game, no one can "force" you out of pot or bully you. You can go all in if they have you covered, or you can fold if you don't have a hand that is strong enough to play. Often you'll find they make big mistakes when you do go all in. FWIW, when I had one of the highest winrates a couple of years ago, I was buying in for 50bb most of the time, and got all in with the best hand (usually on the turn) incredibly often. Most of the regs HATE playing against shortstackers.

Archived